Become a Patron!

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
His ignorance isn't his fault. Society is full of people with strong opinions based on weak information.
It's not our place to try to change their minds.
We change ourselves and let the results do the talking.
Hang in there.
Society is sick of your drain on emotions , families and the economy ,don't you get it .The public is sick and tired of the crime and the whine and the me me, me , attitude . Not one person has said anything about giving back and donating time at the shelter or donating goods and time at the food pantry or helping out any place ,it's all me, me me. There have been enough private , public and company funded programs but some decided to party all day every day . Weak information , from people who want to spend the whole day in La La Land , bull shit .. Every parent I know feels the same, show up in front of the school and its the last building they will ever see ...simple...period... end of story . I am not a hard guy , but enough is enough,this country is being destroyed because everyone is special and can do what they want .

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Society is sick of your drain on emotions , families and the economy ,don't you get it .The public is sick and tired of the crime and the whine and the me me, me , attitude . Not one person has said anything about giving back and donating time at the shelter or donating goods and time at the food pantry or helping out any place ,it's all me, me me. There have been enough private , public and company funded programs but some decided to party all day every day . Weak information , from people who want to spend the whole day in La La Land , bull shit .. Every parent I know feels the same, show up in front of the school and its the last building they will ever see ...simple...period... end of story . I am not a hard guy , but enough is enough,this country is being destroyed because everyone is special and can do what they want .
This is the one and only time I will respond directly to you.
Strong opinions based on weak information? Absolutely, and you've just proven that with your own words.
As a matter of fact, I work a full time job in medical field AND a second 30+ hours a week at an inpatient drug and alcohol treatment facility. Additionally, as a sponsor in a Twelve Step program I dedicate a substantial amount of time to working one-on-one with my sponsees. I am on the first responder list maintained by the local hospital when a patient comes into the ER and asks for help with addiction issues.
To date, I have organized six clothing drives to help the residents of our city's homeless shelter and I frequently go into prison facilities to participate in recovery meetings for the inmates.
Did you bother to find out any of that before pretending that your ill-informed opinions are fact?
No. You relied stereotypes and personal prejudice rather than attempting to ascertain the truth.
Hence the comment about your ignorance- ignorance meaning the absence of knowledge or experience.
I'm ignorant of many things, quantum computing, for example, but at least I know enough to either keep my mouth shut about it or make the effort to learn the subject matter before I make an absolute fool of myself.
As further evidence of your ignorance, a person's upbringing plays almost no role in the emergence of active addiction. The AMA classifies addiction as a chronic, progressive and fatal DISEASE with hereditary and environmental components, although neither guarantee the presentation of active addiction.
There is a specific chemical in the brain of addicts called THIQ (tetrahydroisoquinoline) that creates both a mental obsession with and a physical compulsion for mood and mind altering chemicals to the point that the addict believes they have no choice but to use.
THIQ is so powerful that it can actually kill the addict when they attempt withdrawl.
I suffered two heart attacks during acute withdrawl.
The medical profession, the courts and law enforcement are beginning to view addiction for what it is- a disease and are opting more and more for treatment rather than punishment.
No one condemns an alzheimer patient when they lie and lash out violently.
A diabetic with low blood sugar can be a seriously hateful, harmful person but it doesn't make them a bad person, just a sick person.
Both the physical and social symptoms of addiction are remarkably consistent from addict to addict regardless of their economic standing, age, educational level or whether they got a pony or not as a child.
Society isn't getting sick of addicts. Society is just beginning to understand the disease.
What society IS getting sick of is prejudiced, self-important assholes that run their mouths off about things they mistakenly think they know.
Now get the fuck out of our room.

VapingHippie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ghost, this Guy sounds to me like the stereotypical teaparty dumbass. Always running their mouths about how social security is draining the system and once retired wonders why he has to eat cat food because there is no check coming in.
I can guarantee if he knew my background he wouldn't talk the shit to me that he talked to you. Here is a hint, I rode a Harley in a large well organized group that is well known for it's violent tendencies. A 1%er.
Since my quitting drugs I have been doing all I can to clean up my image and undo what wrongs I can short of putting myself in prison the rest of my life.
I will say that your doing a good thing helping other addicts. In your own way cleaning up your karma.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love you guys and I love this thread. I'm passionate about my sobriety.
I see folks putting their hearts out here on a public forum. Sharing things that they may have only shared with a select few. Or maybe have never shared before.
You people are important to me.
I come home late at night from work and view the thread and I'm delighted to see the dialog that's taking place.
Then I come across jack-off's post and it flipped an ugly switch in my brain.
I wish I would have used more tact as ghost62 did. But I let my emotions get the better of me.
For my outburst I feel a bit ashamed and therefore apologize to the rest of you for it.
For the things I said directed at who they were said to I make no apologies.
9 yrs of prison didn't exactly turn me into a social butterfly nor did it make me a man of many words.
But it did give me a deep appreciation for what I do have.
I hope you all have as blessed a day as possible.

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ghost, this Guy sounds to me like the stereotypical teaparty dumbass. Always running their mouths about how social security is draining the system and once retired wonders why he has to eat cat food because there is no check coming in.
I can guarantee if he knew my background he wouldn't talk the shit to me that he talked to you. Here is a hint, I rode a Harley in a large well organized group that is well known for it's violent tendencies. A 1%er.
Since my quitting drugs I have been doing all I can to clean up my image and undo what wrongs I can short of putting myself in prison the rest of my life.
I will say that your doing a good thing helping other addicts. In your own way cleaning up your karma.
Some people will always talk shit because that's all they've got and I wouldn't even have bothered to respond if the comments had been made in another venue.
However, they were made here and that's not what this thread is about.
The phrase 'Some are sicker than others' isn't limited to addicts, as we've just seen.
Have a great day, my friend.

BTW- Ya still ride?

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
QUOTE="Fishee, post: 62200, member: 1685"]I love you guys and I love this thread. I'm passionate about my sobriety.
I see folks putting their hearts out here on a public forum. Sharing things that they may have only shared with a select few. Or maybe have never shared before.
I come home late at night from work and view the thread and I'm delighted to see the dialog that's taking place.
I wish I would have used more tact as ghost62 did. But I let my emotions get the better of me.
For my outburst I feel a bit ashamed and therefore apologize to the rest of you for it.
9 yrs of prison didn't exactly turn me into a social butterfly nor did it make me a man of many words.
I hope you all have as blessed a day as possible.[/QUOTE]

Don't sweat it, bud.
Shake it off, take a deep breathand remind yourself that some people aren't worth getting upset over.
This small corner of the internet will be as positive as we make it or as negative as we allow it to become.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@ghost62 Thanks brother. I want this to be a very positive place for all of us.
The last thing I want to do is be a source of pollution.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
joining this thread as a long time addict to opiates. been sober 2 official years this past may.. it's really been 3 but I don't count the first year because there were a couple months of fucking up. I saw 7 of my friends die from addiction and another handful of people I went to school with.. too many funerals over the past 10 years.. way too many.

This thread is a great idea.. and anyone who thinks otherwise can go post somewhere else and get bent.. This forum is way too big to be spouting bullshit to people who are taking a chance expressing their hardest times in life.

Keep up the hard work everyone! one day at a time - that's all you can do.

Last edited:

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@ghost62 Thanks brother. I want this to be a very positive place for all of us.
The last thing I want to do is be a source of pollution.
Hahaha. Sorry. I WASN'T referring to you. Guess my post just came off wrong- I work some crazy hours and it's almost bedtime. Kinda tired.

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
joining this thread as a long time addict to opiates. been sober 2 official years this past may.. it's really been 3 but I don't count the first year because there were a couple months of fucking up. I saw 7 of my friends die to addiction and another handful of people I went to school with.. too many funerals over the past 10 years.. way too many.

This thread is a great idea.. and anyone who thinks otherwise can go post somewhere else and get bent.. This forum is way too big to be spouting bullshit to people who are taking a chance expressing their hardest times in life.

Keep up the hard work everyone! one day at a time - that's all you can do.
Glad ya found us VC. My wife would love your username! She's a big Batman geek.
Welcome and congratulations on two years.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Glad ya found us VC. My wife would love your username! She's a big Batman geek.
Welcome and congratulations on two years.

I'm really not into that stuff anymore - I just wanted to be like the other cool people with play on vape words in their user names :)

mission successful!

WKR

Member For 4 Years
I am kinda wondering about where I might have gone if GOD didn't. Step in and help me. I was sexually abused since before I could talk I was forced to engage in sex with my sisters and brothers and all by my father. He was a real Sicky!!! I rebelled as soon as I was old enough about 10 and my life got very difficult. I defended and protected my little sister but it didn't stop for her as my father and older brother were doing her constantly. My older sister left home as soon as it was legal by marriage stayed married for 1 year then took up with a man our fathers age had children and her husband was doing their daughter. My little sister left home as soon as it was legal and married my wife's brother had 3 kids he was an alcoholic and she left him she married another had 1 kid and left him. My older brother has 6 children 5 girls and I suspect he did them as his only son is in prison for child rape.

Due to the LORD I met a girl at a dance after I entered the Navy
. We were both 18 - on the second meeting to get my lid she took (Navy term for hat). I told her about my family her reaction was A HUG. We have been married for 51 years and have 3 kids 2 girls and a boy. I would kill myself if even a smiggion of thought ever entered my head to touch them. My children are all successful and very happy and have given me 5 Grandkids.

But I was and still am a sexaholic. My poor dear wife put up with me climbing her bones 3 or 4 times a day for years and years. We are now happier than ever since old age mutes the urges.

I am just offering this so that others may understand addiction comes in all sizes and colors. JUDGE NOT

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am kinda wondering about where I might have gone if GOD didn't. Step in and help me. I was sexually abused since before I could talk I was forced to engage in sex with my sisters and brothers and all by my father. He was a real Sicky!!! I rebelled as soon as I was old enough about 10 and my life got very difficult. I defended and protected my little sister but it didn't stop for her as my father and older brother were doing her constantly. My older sister left home as soon as it was legal by marriage stayed married for 1 year then took up with a man our fathers age had children and her husband was doing their daughter. My little sister left home as soon as it was legal and married my wife's brother had 3 kids he was an alcoholic and she left him she married another had 1 kid and left him. My older brother has 6 children 5 girls and I suspect he did them as his only son is in prison for child rape.

. We were both 18 - on the second meeting to get my lid she took (Navy term for hat). I told her about my family her reaction was A HUG. We have been married for 51 years and have 3 kids 2 girls and a boy. I would kill myself if even a smiggion of thought ever entered my head to touch them. My children are all successful and very happy and have given me 5 Grandkids.

But I was and still am a sexaholic. My poor dear wife put up with me climbing her bones 3 or 4 times a day for years and years. We are now happier than ever since old age mutes the urges.

I am just offering this so that others may understand addiction comes in all sizes and colors. JUDGE NOT
Thank you. You make a very important point. Actions and behaviors can be just as powerful an addiction as a chemical.
I, myself, struggled with gambling and the obsession and compulsions are the same.
I'm so glad you were able to break the cycle- generations under you will have a better life for it.
Glad you're here

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Thank you for sharing WKR. I think it is very important for folks to understand that addictions come in many varieties. I won't go into detail but I can say that I empathize with you and your childhood situation. I also empathize with your addiction.
I hope your post will encourage others as it has encouraged me.
I aint the best ambassador but I'm strong in my faith and know exactly where I stand when it comes to the LORD. May He continue to bless you and your family.
51 years! That's a beautiful thing right there.

WKR

Member For 4 Years
Makes you wonder about what kinds of personal hells the people you see are going through. Once again we all have our issues its how we deal with them that counts.

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I believe that anyone who feels they have a right to dictate someone else's life needs to take a good long look in the mirror, and make sure their closets are secure of all skeletons.

That said please do not turn this in to a political thread - there are others out there for that purpose.

And a last note - judge not a book by its cover. Don't presume you know anything about others and the words you say may anger and offend, just as easily as you may be offended by what others say, "other" people aren't the only ones who say things that can be offensive.

From reading some of the hate & rhetoric here in the last page and a half of posts, I'm not sure I still feel comfortable here. Oh well, you know my story now. I'll see if the mood changes and if not I'll go linger in other threads.

VapingHippie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I ride when I can. Had to let the last bike go back as it was a choice between car payment and bike payment.

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I believe that anyone who feels they have a right to dictate someone else's life needs to take a good long look in the mirror, and make sure their closets are secure of all skeletons.

That said please do not turn this in to a political thread - there are others out there for that purpose.

And a last note - judge not a book by its cover. Don't presume you know anything about others and the words you say may anger and offend, just as easily as you may be offended by what others say, "other" people aren't the only ones who say things that can be offensive.

From reading some of the hate & rhetoric here in the last page and a half of posts, I'm not sure I still feel comfortable here. Oh well, you know my story now. I'll see if the mood changes and if not I'll go linger in other threads.
I certainly hope you stay with us.

VapingHippie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anyway I will eventually get the car paid off and them I can saddle myself with a bike payment again.
If you read between the lines that I mention my wife and her twin sister in some of my post when I bring up my family life. It ain't hard to figure out you can't put 3 on a bike ;)

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyway I will eventually get the car paid off and them I can saddle myself with a bike payment again.
If you read between the lines that I mention my wife and her twin sister in some of my post when I bring up my family life. It ain't hard to figure out you can't put 3 on a bike ;)
Lol. Reminds me of the old Karman Ghia commercial...
Damn. I'm telling my age.

VapingHippie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lol. Reminds me of the old Karman Ghia commercial...
Damn. I'm telling my age.
If you were born in 1962 we are the same age.
I live every man's dream, I have identical twin sisters. Some people may have a problem with alternative lifestyles though.

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you were born in 1962 we are the same age.
I live every man's dream, I have identical twin sisters. Some people may have a problem with alternative lifestyles though.
I came along a few years after that but still firmly born in the 60's.
As far as alternative lifestyles go, it doesn't matter one bit to me. I treat people the way they teach me to treat them through their actions and attitudes.

VapingHippie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I came along a few years after that but still firmly born in the 60's.
As far as alternative lifestyles go, it doesn't matter one bit to me. I treat people the way they teach me to treat them through their actions and attitudes.
Very cool :cool:

Alan Woltemath

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Getting on two wheels is my greatest escape from everything. Love riding my bike, Hopefully you are able to get another one sooner than later. Heres mine.
IMG_1307.JPG

Alan Woltemath

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
riding that bike has helped me through some tough times.

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
QUOTE="Fishee, post: 62200, member: 1685"]I love you guys and I love this thread. I'm passionate about my sobriety.
I hope you all have as blessed a day as possible.

Don't sweat it, bud.
Shake it off, take a deep breathand remind yourself that some people aren't worth getting upset over.
This small corner of the internet will be as positive as we make it or as negative as we allow it to become.[/QUOTE]
It's a public forum ,I state my opinion and you swear at me and make fun of my name .if you can not handle a public forum get out of the room !!
What the hell are you , some ones prison bitch who pretends to be a drug counselor in a vaping forum . Is this what Obama care has come to !!!! .It gets to the point where one persons list of dope is longer than the other one , people goof on you dude . Its my opinion , in a public forum to bad you don't like free speech . And I mean no disrespect to anyone else , we all breath the same air on the same planet . What kind of counselor communicates like that !
You do not like an opinion ,so you attack them !! Shut your filthy trap , count to ten , take a deep breath , have a vape and I move on .

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
riding that bike has helped me through some tough times.
Sweet ride. I was always into off-road. When I first started, I was told there are no old dirt bike riders and I've learned why- busted myself up more times than I care to remember.
I'm strictly four wheels these days but I miss it, especially on beautiful days like we had here today.

Alan Woltemath

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yah i here you, i have totaled 3 bikes do to drinking and driving and by the grace of god i am still here to talk about it without a single disability. The more years that pass the more i hurt from all the previous accidents though. LOL

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I hope you decide to stay Frawg.

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@jack I'm not now nor ever have been addicted to anything stronger than caffeine or nicotine. This thread caught my attention because my father was an alcoholic. I have a lot of respect for people who have had problems and are doing their best to get past them. what someone did in the past; and these people here did nothing to you i might add; is not as important as what they do going forward.
My father's alcoholism caused me a lot of pain. Should I take that out on anyone who drinks a beer?
I was pissed enough at the way you're acting to write this but i don't think anything anyone says will make you respect this thread. one small effort anyway.
Get past your demons. Respect others to be respected.

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@jack I'm not now nor ever have been addicted to anything stronger than caffeine or nicotine. This thread caught my attention because my father was an alcoholic. I have a lot of respect for people who have had problems and are doing their best to get past them. what someone did in the past; and these people here did nothing to you i might add; is not as important as what they do going forward.
My father's alcoholism caused me a lot of pain. Should I take that out on anyone who drinks a beer?
I was pissed enough at the way you're acting to write this but i don't think anything anyone says will make you respect this thread. one small effort anyway.
Get past your demons. Respect others to be respected.
I have moved on and I respect your opinion , but it is all about respect ,FOR EVERY ONE , or there is no respect . If I have offended anyone so sorry . But you got to stand up . If you can not handle that in a public forum , I am not sorry .

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi all. I feel like an intruder. The only substance that I have been addicted to is nicotine. I am a nurse and I used to work in a women's prison in the UK. Many of these ladies were incarcerated due to drug related crimes. After hearing many of their stories, I am not surprised that they became addicts. Many times I thought there for the grace of God...The stories were painful to hear, and I can't imagine what it must have been like to live their lives. I can appreciate that sometimes only certain substances can alleviate terrible emotional pain that stems from life's cruel blows. I take my hat off to all of you that have had the courage to deal with your addictions with healthier alternatives. I must admit I was curious about this thread. I am glad and I have read all the comments. Do not let others try to knock you back down. You have all come so far to allow perverse comments to affect you. I wish you all the best.

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My comments were me standing up. Yes this is a public forum of sorts. yes you can voice your thoughts and opinions as much as you want.
Can does not always equal should.
Look this has to be dropped, but when you stand over a 16 year old kid who has passed from an o.d. and then his mother asks you why , right to your face, you have to take that to heart . Political correctness goes out the window . It was someones fault period , no theory no debate . There has to be basic right and wrong . Some one sold it to him and someone had to show him how to use it . I could not and never will look into some young mothers eyes and give her internet bull shit . He never saw 17 or another sun rise or another sunset .He never saw his mothers or his brothers next birthday . So if I insulted anyone , think about his young mother and how insulted she feels . So, if this story is BS God strike me down dead . How much respect did that boy get or his family get . Again if I insult people that's not my wish , real life is worth anything .

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That post I respect. It has a different tone and honest emotions. Thank you. I will drop it. Hopefully everyone else will too.
Look this has to be dropped, but when you stand over a 16 year old kid who has passed from an o.d. and then his mother asks you why , right to your face, you have to take that to heart . Political correctness goes out the window . It was someones fault period , no theory no debate . There has to be basic right and wrong . Some one sold it to him and someone had to show him how to use it . I could not and never will look into some young mothers eyes and give her internet bull shit . He never saw 17 or another sun rise or another sunset .He never saw his mothers or his brothers next birthday . So if I insulted anyone , think about his young mother and how insulted she feels . So, if this story is BS God strike me down dead . How much respect did that boy get or his family get . Again if I insult people that's not my wish , real life is worth anything .

cigarbabe

Member For 4 Years
Show Host
Welcome to all of you!
I know many of you who have gone through some very awful times.....
Whether it is addiction to drugs or an addiction to sex makes no difference to me.
Until you treat me disrespectfully or poorly I'm happy that you are here.
When you are ready to share I'll be here listening.
I encourage you all to make your tomorrows better than today!
Congrats to all of you who have gotten clean and sober
C.B.

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to all of you!
I know many of you who have gone through some very awful times.....
Whether it is addiction to drugs or an addiction to sex makes no difference to me.
Until you treat me disrespectfully or poorly I'm happy that you are here.
When you are ready to share I'll be here listening.
I encourage you all to make your tomorrows better than today!
Congrats to all of you who have gotten clean and sober
C.B.
Hiya CB!
Welcome and thanks both for being here and for all your work bringing us Vaping Underground.
This place rocks!

Damwow

Vapor's Dream
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have to say that my hat is off to all of you! I lost a sister in law in April at the age of 49, she had a long history of addiction to pain meds. It started with an ignorant doctor that pushed and pushed the meds. Her husband is a police officer and did everything he could to support her. Unfortunately, the years of drug use had taken it's toll on her body.

We had many conversations about the meds, since if am prescribed some high does of the fentynal patch along with pills to combat my RSD. One thanksgiving I had forgotten to refill my script and all I can say is what I went through was pure hell. Later my dr told me if it ever happened again to go to the ER, because going cold turkey from the meds could give you a heart attack and kill you. I said to my husband then it's no wonder people have such a hard time on these meds and getting off drugs, those few days I wished I was dead.

After spending the summer with my sister in law, my meds really started to scare my 21 year old. She called my doctor, who offered to sit down and talk with her about them. It didn't help her that our local paper has been putting these shady pain clinics in the spot light, that scared her to death.

I am lucky I have a family that pays attention and a doctor that does random frequent drug tests to make sure that 1. I don't have too much of anything prescribed in my system. 2. Nothing is there that isn't supposed to be. And 3. That I have enough in my system (proves I am not selling it).

I am a teacher with a progressive disease and it scares the hell out of me, too many people get addicted through the path I am on. However, for now under strict care of a specialist they have given me the ability to continue to work, until the disease takes that from me. I will never forget my sister in laws words of advise and warning signs she laid out for me, and will always be grateful to her for sharing that with me.

When I read your posts, I think but for the grace of God there go I, as someone else also mentioned. I wish you all nothing but the best in life and commend all of you for sharing your stories.

It was because of an addict like yourself, that my husband and I have learned the warning signs to look for that will keep me from crossing that line. Unfortunately there are people that me that need these drugs but the line between medication and addiction is a faint one, one I hope to never cross. My best to all of you!

cigarbabe

Member For 4 Years
Show Host
I am on pain meds also but I'm not happy to be treated like I'm abusing drugs.
I hate having to piss in a cup to prove that I'm not using anything that isn't prescribed to me.
Does it prove that that I'm not selling drugs? Of course not!
I just had a urine test
come back negative allegedly for my meds...
I was without my script for a few days but I always put a few pills away just in case I'm to ill to drive 2 hours to pick up my prescription.

I still haven't a clue why it came back negative but now my doctor will only give me a month worth of meds....
It pisses me off to no end that the media portrays pain clinics as legal drug abuse facilities.
Some do keep terrible records but should they be closed down when there are not enough to treat those who legitimately
need powerful pain meds?
What about the doctors who prescribed them for debilitating conditions and suddenly with or without warning take them away?
Doctors in the US I've found are not the "compassionate care givers" we expect and need them to be..........
Grrrr
Ok I'm done........for now! lol
C.B.

Damwow

Vapor's Dream
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am on pain meds also but I'm not happy to be treated like I'm abusing drugs.
I hate having to piss in a cup to prove that I'm not using anything that isn't prescribed to me.
Does it prove that that I'm not selling drugs? Of course not!
I just had a urine test
come back negative allegedly for my meds...
I was without my script for a few days but I always put a few pills away just in case I'm to ill to drive 2 hours to pick up my prescription.
I still haven't a clue why it came back negative but now my doctor will only give me a month worth of meds....
It pisses me off to no end that the media portrays pain clinics as legal drug abuse facilities.
Some do keep terrible records but should they be closed down when there are not enough to treat those who legitimately
need powerful pain meds?
What about the doctors who prescribed them for debilitating conditions and suddenly with or without warning take them away?
Doctors in the US I've found are not the "compassionate care givers" we expect and need them to be..........
Grrrr
Ok I'm done........for now! lol
C.B.

I feel for you, I had a great doctor that my surgeon first referred me to, and it drove two hours to see him, back then the RSD, was only in my foot and leg, it would be hell for me with it in my back to do that today, that dr. Moved out of state and they stuck me with a really old guy that never looked up from his laptop. One day it died and he said he would be right back. After almost an hour my husband went out and asked what was going on. Pretty soon the nurse walked iin and handed me my scripts. The next appointment they hand me a letter and dismissed me, wouldn't answer any questions I was devestated! Made me feel like I had done something horrible.

Long story short my family doc got me in with this specialist that comes to our town a few days a week. I am not sure where you live, but in our state there has been a huge problem with illegit clinics, people coming from out of state and for cash (they don't accept insurance), you get your pills right in the office. That is why our paper has so many articles about them. Our attorney General has made it his mission to close them down. Unfortunately, that puts a stigma on those of us that do see legit doctors.

I used to have to go to the local hospital for my tests, so many patients complained about how they treated us there that he started doing them in his office. I don't wish the pain I live with on a daily basis, but I admit that there have been times with those people in that lab, that I wanted to say to them... God help you that you never have to live like this! The doctor I have now is so compassionate and caring, but is a bit older and that worries me. I have been to one that wasn't and I hope never to have to go there again.

I was just tipping my hat to those on here that have made changes in their lives. I give them credit, let's face it all of us need support in our lives and they were just looking for each other on here. For me, living in pain every day that people can't see is hard, they look at me and have no idea how hard it is just to get out of bed. Today has been one of those days I haven't been out much in fact! Haven't been able to sleep for so long I just crashed.

They didn't ask for those of us that don't understand to come in and judge or criticize them, but I for one wanted them to know that some of us, that may not have been in their shoes do support them for the changes they have made and give them credit for it!

cigarbabe

Member For 4 Years
Show Host
I'm not pointing my finger at you Damwow just venting because you brought up the topic mostly.
Please don't take it personally.

I've been on both sides and admire those who can find a way to claw out of the muck and mire abuse of any kind brings to your life.
C.B.

VapingHippie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Damwow, I can't pretend to know what it is like to live with RSD but I do know pain issues. I have 3 ruptured discs in my lower spine with spinal stynosis and peripheral neuropathy in both legs and feet.
My problem is that I can't really take narcotic medications because the years of drug abuse have made it to where I build up a tolerance to them far more quickly than the average person. This quickly leads to being strung out and the medication not doing what it's designed to do.
This is also where the medical mj comes in. I know that several states will be coming into play this year in that respect. Granted that I live in a state that it is currently illegal, I find it better than the alternative of ending up taking so many narcotics to try and get relief that I end up having an over dose.

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There are definitely cases where "copious quantities" of painkillers are a real necessity. My knee injury in 2004, I blew my quad tendon and my LCL & MCL. This normally only happens to pro football players or wrestlers (or klutzy deli clerks apparently). Having a doctor who knew my history, and knew that I'd had painkiller issues in the past kept in touch. Unlike the miscarriage instance where my doctor just stopped treating me and completely missed a diagnosis. Finding a good doctor, who isn't out to get you hooked on the drugs his brother-in-law the pharmaceutical rep sells, is one of the hardest things to find. I had an upstairs neighbor until 2003 who had broken her spine in 3 places while driving for her job - 18 years ago, she'd been fighting a worker's comp case for that long. She'd had surgeries but her spinal cord was causing phantom pain, over-threshold pain and for which almost nothing worked. She was on such a pharmaceutical load she was also on a prescription of methadone do keep her body from killing her from the narcotics she was taking. She finally found help outside of medications through an acupuncturist, which at that point there wasn't much left to her that would work.

Finding a doctor who knows you and your history and understands goes a long way to helping the issue not become a problem.

VU Sponsors