Become a Patron!

The Lotus Jellyfish... Huh?

FloridaSam

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I saw a guy buy one last week at a B&M. He put a new Kanger subtank on it and proceeded to ignite the properly primed coil to charcoal instantly at 18 watts. That's all I needed to see to know that device was wonky as hell.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Whoa my Istick at less than half the cost I'm sure is way more accurate and adjustable. Must be for professional vapors.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just watched this video and was about ready to post it. This one seems like it s one to steer clear of for sure. No ability to adjust to anything except what it suggests. Pass!!!!

Phil, thank you for posting this... good, responsible and thorough work. My first Jellyfish had an ignite button that stuck: it was nothing short of dangerous but Lotus did replace it after I posted some pointed remarks on Facebook. So I am on my second device which works as you have described it. I have wondered whether the chip and settings gave me one reading and the actual power was different. It hits good and hard but it seemed that the settings were not telling the truth. That is fine as long as I can achieve a setting that works for me, which I have on my Infinite CLT at 0.8 ohms and 18 watts or slightly higher when I feel like more. The suggested range is 15-45 watts but the 18 watts feels more like 25 watts on my IPV2, iStick 50w and VaporShark DNA30. As long as I accept the constraints, it is a fine device but not one that I use other than at my desk for dripping and certainly not one that I carry with me during the day to work and otherwise. So current owners have a use, and interested buyers should proceed with a high level of caution. Again, thank you.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
wow, one of phil's shortest videos ever!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
yea,a local b&m got a couple of these in to test. Epic fail, even fried a sub tank coil at .5.

matt.villanueva1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Could it be the fact that the batteries are running in series

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have read that they offer a good warranty of a year but at that price I don't see anything special about it. $160.00 for 53 watts and 4000 milliamp. Unless the design appeals the specs are inferior to cost. I could see $70 being more reasonable. Not fond of the dome buttons and the etched big fish on the shell either. It will have its fans just like any device just not my cup of tea.

matt.villanueva1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got one the only reason I got one was because it has 2 lopo batteries and I was tired of using mechanical devices. Don't get me wrong there are better devices out there but it's not easy to find device with lipo batteries for a reasonable prices unless you go with a solara or a variant. I wouldn't pay 600+ for a device

VU Sponsors