Become a Patron!

The Merlin RTA by Augvape and Roxy

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ok stacked coils looks very interesting.
with the posts moved am i correct in thinking you can make coils with much higher IDs then in most rtas

whiplash leon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor

DavidOH

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Went to Subtank first thing and saw the Merlin was on preorder. Never had a black tank. But then I don't buy a lot of gear. Black in on preorder. Then come in here and see the discount code.:huh: Oh well it's only $30 so screw it. I'm happy cause the Merlin looks sweet. I love how the posts are set.

DavidOH

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think I've gone over board on gear this week. (for me anyway) Last thing I bought was the Fuchai 200W TC with batteries last Black Friday. My battery charger has been acting up so I ordered a new Nitecore D4 Digital a long with 4 VTC5 batteries that are on the way. Plus the Merlin and throw in a juice order this week. Guess I was over due.:)

zulu965

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi roxy.
At last, the Merlin is coming:)
I need to get this!
Do you know if/when they're going to be available in the EU?
Lately there's been some talk about the enforcement of the TPD here in Portugal and I don't want to risk my Merlins being apprehended by customs.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I saw that deck before..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
ok stacked coils looks very interesting.
with the posts moved am i correct in thinking you can make coils with much higher IDs then in most rtas

I'm not sure I understand about moving the posts?

Roxy, if need be, can the Merlin be filled from the bottom like a lot of us are doing with the Boreas?

HD

It would be difficult. T fill:
1. Close JFC by turning the glass
2. Remove top cap and fill
3.. Close top cap and open JFC

Hi roxy.
At last, the Merlin is coming:)
I need to get this!
Do you know if/when they're going to be available in the EU?
Lately there's been some talk about the enforcement of the TPD here in Portugal and I don't want to risk my Merlins being apprehended by customs.

I don't, sorry :(

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It slightly reminds me of a Ehpro Big Buddha Mini deck on steroids but only because the posts are offset to one side. That's the only similarity with any RTA that I can think of....
I'm not sure if it was a BOREAS or a supreme
But somebody put the decks together... Just can't remember exactly where I saw it

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
my point with the moved posts is they do not look like they are centered like a traditional rta. they are moved to one side. SO doing that makes me feel like you can use coils with very large I.D.s larger then you could fit in most other rtas

Is that correct?

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
my point with the moved posts is they do not look like they are centered like a traditional rta. they are moved to one side. SO doing that makes me feel like you can use coils with very large I.D.s larger then you could fit in most other rtas

Is that correct?

Definitely! That Notch coil is 5mm and barely took up space.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I agree. A set of blockers could make this a tank that is good for everyone. What a concept!!!

Well, I designed one. And posted about it several times at the other place. And next thing I knew my idea showed up on the Bachelor Nano and something else. Learned my lesson...don't post any details!

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I'm not sure if it was a BOREAS or a supreme
But somebody put the decks together... Just can't remember exactly where I saw it

MMW says that was the Aromamizer v1 someone moved the post on. Does that sound right? I do remember now seeing that.

rolf 2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I know but the conversation was like they really thought you were going to go back, they were closing threads in the mention of your name, the all mighty hierarchy would come and scold them and then reopen the post. The murmurs, she'll be back. I wanted to say, yeah to tell you the fuck off!!

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
oh ja she will be back ! when xmas and newyear fall on the same day ..,ha ha

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I agree totally. This is like a holiday, Cinco de Quatro! or is it Quatro de Mayo?
You have Mayo? Please pass me some, my sammich is kinda dry today.
On a more serious note, ordered the ss after finding out it was available for pre-order, then came here and found out about the discount code.:rolleyes: Guess now I need to go back order a black one also just to use the code.:)

rolf 2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Very similar. Almost the same size airhole without the insert. Merlin is 3.5mm. I think the Bachelor was around 3.6mm? I should know since I reviewed it, but it's hard to remember the specs for everything.
doas it come with an insert ? what size ?

VU Sponsors