Become a Patron!

The Morning Vape

Soupy1957

Member For 1 Year
Why is it, that the morning Vape, is not the best Vape of the day?

Is there such a thing as an eliquid that has too MUCH flavor?

Can eliquid bother your insides?

Oh wait......that’s THREE questions (lol)

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
After juice sits in the tank after hours of non use it isn't unusual for the first hits to be sharp/harsh. I just turn the watts up a bit and chain vape about 3 hits and it smooths out.

Soupy1957

Member For 1 Year
What can you tell me about the American Vapor Co., from Austin, Texas? They make a product called “Creamy Nut” that really is something special!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Why is it, that the morning Vape, is not the best Vape of the day?

In the morning, your nicotine level has dropped to (probably) pretty much zero. Therefore it takes a good bit more vaping in order to feel satisfied, or perhaps a higher nic level for the first hour-ish.

Is there such a thing as an eliquid that has too MUCH flavor?

Absolutely. Most folks would say that's the case with my S&C, and though I need a lot more flavoring than pretty much everyone, I've dropped my flavoring percentages in my S&C from 31.5% to 23.5% over the last 4 yrs, because as my tastebuds have gradually recovered, after a while it starts to taste "icky" and I realize that I need to use less flavoring. I also used to use 2.7% sweetener, and now use none, thx to those recovering tastebuds.

Can eliquid bother your insides?

Anything you put in your body CAN be harmful; it's not a yes/no proposition. If one particular ejuice or ejuice company bothers you, then you need to try something else. There aren't many chemicals in ejuice, but any of them have the potential of causing problem(s) for an INDIVIDUAL -- it's up to that individual to figure out what it is, and use something else.

Andria

Last edited:

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After juice sits in the tank after hours of non use it isn't unusual for the first hits to be sharp/harsh. I just turn the watts up a bit and chain vape about 3 hits and it smooths out.

I'm the opposite. I have turn the wattage way down and close down the airflow first thing in the morning. Have to vape this way for about an hour then I can gradually open airflow and increase wattage otherwise I will cough up both lungs.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I'm the opposite. I have turn the wattage way down and close down the airflow first thing in the morning. Have to vape this way for about an hour then I can gradually open airflow and increase wattage otherwise I will cough up both lungs.
MTL? I've only had that type of problem the short time I used Nautilus tanks. As soon as I switched to dl/rl the coughing stopped. Since starting diy I've not had the harsh morning hits issues either.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
MTL? I've only had that type of problem the short time I used Nautilus tanks. As soon as I switched to dl/rl the coughing stopped. Since starting diy I've not had the harsh morning hits issues either.

Nope DL. Strangely I've been having an easier time of it hitting the mech. Can't hit one a regulated device until later in the morning after " the lungs wake up" except closing airflow and wattage way down.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Nope DL. Strangely I've been having an easier time of it hitting the mech. Can't hit one a regulated device until later in the morning after " the lungs wake up" except closing airflow and wattage way down.
I thought you were dl but thought maybe I was remembering wrong. At least you found a solution. I on the other hand would probably choke on a mech first thing in the morning. :eek:

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Look up taste buds and you'll see that they vary in performance throughout the day. Also, what you eat and drink effects them as well. I've noticed after certain foods that my flavors are amazing and vice-versa.

Soupy1957

Member For 1 Year

“Whoops, there it is!!”

Why is that???? Is there a Doctor in the house??

Soupy1957

Member For 1 Year
That first vape in the morning is the best hit I'll take all day. I used to cough a lot first thing but @joeyboy told me to lower my nic level and that fixed it.

But I’m only running “.6” (That’s all I ever used, because someone told me, that that would be the equivalent to my “half pack a day” cigarette habit.

THEN someone said, that with some particular coil, (don’t remember which one) it’s actually giving me “1.2” or something like that (never DID figure THAT one out!!)

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But I’m only running “.6” (That’s all I ever used, because someone told me, that that would be the equivalent to my “half pack a day” cigarette habit.

THEN someone said, that with some particular coil, (don’t remember which one) it’s actually giving me “1.2” or something like that (never DID figure THAT one out!!)
Because of the dl hit. More vapor than smoke from a cig. More nicotine. If you were to MTL it would be a 6 for sure. You get the same nic, just more of it with the larger clouds

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And there really isn't any equivalency to cigarettes, or at best, only a very rough equivalency. It's vapor, not smoke; cigarettes have all kinds of "extra" chemicals, such as TOPICAL ANESTHETICS! to make it POSSIBLE to smoke for years and decades, but vapor doesn't have any of that shit. Then there's the fact your body is used to smoke, but vapor is very different, so your body reacts to that difference. It does ease within a few months; at first I had to vary my nic level all thu the day; high nic in the morning to get me over the cravings for the "first smoke"... slightly lowered after I'd been up for an hour or so... then lower nic at night, so I coould sleep and not get the pounding heart -- but after I'd been vaping about 4-6 months, I was able to just vape the same thing all the time.... though with lower wattage when I first got up, and I still do that, just a little, though it's not a drastic difference.

It's a big change for your body, just quitting smoking; add inhaling vapor to all those changes, and sure, your body will react.

Andria

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
For me the first few pulls of the day are the best. Probably because of the 100% VG... wick soaks all night and it's a super creamy, super thick vape first thing in the morning. As opposed to normal creamy thick. :) Almost no nic, so that's not it. (Wasn't an addicted smoker before vaping... but smoked occasionally or off/on b/c I liked the act of smoking.) But yeah... always enjoy those first few pulls!

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Had't considered that my base is vg/dw (only pg comes from salts 250mg), might be why I don't get the harsh morning hits with diy. Between flavors and nic pg % is pretty low.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Had't considered that my base is vg/dw (only pg comes from salts 250mg), might be why I don't get the harsh morning hits with diy. Between flavors and nic pg % is pretty low.

Could be. I also drilled out the juice holes in the base of my RDTA (Aromamizer Supreme) long ago, so it could feed better with the thick juice.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
My Nanos surprisingly keep up very well with the thicker juice. Having no issues with the Intake either.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
For me the first few pulls of the day are the best. Probably because of the 100% VG... wick soaks all night and it's a super creamy, super thick vape first thing in the morning. As opposed to normal creamy thick. :) Almost no nic, so that's not it. (Wasn't an addicted smoker before vaping... but smoked occasionally or off/on b/c I liked the act of smoking.) But yeah... always enjoy those first few pulls!

Yeah, and juice soaks into all the nooks and crannies of the coils so when you pull the trigger after sitting for few hours you get that beautiful explosion of boiling juice from deep in the center of your coils!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, and juice soaks into all the nooks and crannies of the coils so when you pull the trigger after sitting for few hours you get that beautiful explosion of boiling juice from deep in the center of your coils!

Indeed, the "pop from hell." :D Not just a mess on your lips, but it startles the shit out of you! :giggle: Hell of a wakeup. :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I like popping but you don't get much of it with 100% VG. I remember it though from buying cartridges for the Vamo, back when everyone walked uphill to school both ways in the snow. :)

Cartridges for the Vamo? I just put my KFL+'s on my Vamo. Though I did have a cartotank that matched the gunmetal finish, is that the type of cartridges you mean? I did like cartos a lot, because of their tight draw, but they're much better in a cartotank than on their own.

Andria

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Cartridges for the Vamo? I just put my KFL+'s on my Vamo. Though I did have a cartotank that matched the gunmetal finish, is that the type of cartridges you mean? I did like cartos a lot, because of their tight draw, but they're much better in a cartotank than on their own.

Andria

The name I remember is "Phoenix" -- bought them in a pack of 5 and they were kind of shaped like bullets. When they hit, they hit GREAT and was a really good vape. But half of them didn't hit at all, so that was a short-lived experiment. Otherwise I think I was using a mini-sub Kanger maybe? I know it was only 5yrs ago but too much gear has passed between. I just remember those cartridiges popping and crackling and how satisfying it was when they hit good. Sounded like tobacco crackling.:)

PS EDIT: They probably were a carto-tank-combo thing. They had a clear center portion with metal at the bottom and top, IIRC. Not refillable... but I might have tried... :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Doesn't ring a bell at all. Sounds almost like a top-coil clearo? I hated those; the bottom-coil kind were much better, but that's not saying a lot. :D

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Doesn't ring a bell at all. Sounds almost like a top-coil clearo? I hated those; the bottom-coil kind were much better, but that's not saying a lot. :D

Andria

No, no it isn't. I was using the bottom coil clearo tanks for a while. After having switched over to plain old RDAS I'll not go back to any clearo tanks, thanks. :) I've gotten the pop from hell with max vg. It came using a Wasp Nano. Started firing one up with a simple build on. My dog ran and hid, he thought I was shooting. I thought our neighbors across the way was shooting at us. Talk about a fun morning way to get awake. *lol* Definitely needed my :coffee: to calm down after that.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No, no it isn't. I was using the bottom coil clearo tanks for a while. After having switched over to plain old RDAS I'll not go back to any clearo tanks, thanks. :) I've gotten the pop from hell with max vg. It came using a Wasp Nano. Started firing one up with a simple build on. My dog ran and hid, he thought I was shooting. I thought our neighbors across the way was shooting at us. Talk about a fun morning way to get awake. *lol* Definitely needed my :coffee: to calm down after that.

Yeah my Achilles RDA has spoiled me for ANY tanks; even the rebuildable ones, there's just no flavor at all, compared to the Achilles. And though it's usually a very well-behaved vape, I'd had the occasional issue; none of that "pop from hell" crap, but now and then a coil just won't behave itself, and keeps spitting at me. :D So I replace it -- the loveliness of building your own coils anytime they need replacing absolutely can't be beat. :)

Andria

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes myself as well. If I forget I cough up both lungs too.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Andria

Def not a top coil... never liked that design and never bought any. I would perhaps remember better but my brain tends to prioritize and since they were kind of a bust all I remember clearly is the snap crackle pop of the 50% of them that worked. :)

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah my Achilles RDA has spoiled me for ANY tanks; even the rebuildable ones, there's just no flavor at all, compared to the Achilles.

Words like these are why I spent so much money chasing gear. :D But tanks really are dependent on so much for delivering. The juice, the build... the wick. I got an Avocado when it was being raved about. Used it twice and traded it for another Aromamizer Supreme. Not that I think the AS is the best, just the one I settled on. My little Kanger sub-tank mini gave great flavor, as did the old Lemo Drop. But the decks are too small for building, for my tastes, so on I went to bigger ones. Still, those single coil tanks gave more flavor and equal vapor with only one coil, AND went through far less juice. Would not be able to afford using an AS if I didn't DIY my juice!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Words like these are why I spent so much money chasing gear. :D But tanks really are dependent on so much for delivering. The juice, the build... the wick. I got an Avocado when it was being raved about. Used it twice and traded it for another Aromamizer Supreme. Not that I think the AS is the best, just the one I settled on. My little Kanger sub-tank mini gave great flavor, as did the old Lemo Drop. But the decks are too small for building, for my tastes, so on I went to bigger ones. Still, those single coil tanks gave more flavor and equal vapor with only one coil, AND went through far less juice. Would not be able to afford using an AS if I didn't DIY my juice!

The tanks I loved best were Kayfun Lite Plus tanks; I used those for about 6 months, and was absolutely delighted with them. However, my ADV, which I started making in Dec 2014, is a real gunk monster -- and naturally, the first iteration of it at 31.5% was even worse than what I currently deal with, with 23.5% flavoring. When the gunk was real bad and would turn the juice in the tank brown from the backwash, my husband would complain like crazy about the smell -- "burnt shit" he termed it. So I had to find some other way to vape it so there wasn't so much in the tank or well. First I tried Magma RDA, which wasn't bad for flavor, but a little airier than I prefer, and you have to keep it almost completely vertical or it just pours out.

Then someone over at ECF put me on to the Achilles -- and I loved it from the get-go, so much so that I bought a 2nd one, and had intended to buy more, but damned Frog in Fog stopped carrying them. Stupid fuckers. They can't be had anywhere, for any price. I even popped $98 for an authentic Achilles II, and it TOTALLY SUCKS -- the fuckhead at titanium-mods.com decided to try to make it appeal more to cloud chasers, and made the inner airhole 2.5mm instead of 1.2mm as in the original -- which was the stupidest thing he could possibly have done, as that isn't nearly enough airflow for real cloud chasers, but much too much for those who like a really tight MtL vape. Also, he changed the adjustable airflow from the hex-key set it and forget it to one of those damnable rings you turn at the bottom... and now the Achilles II leaks, which the originals never do.

The benefits of the Achilles:

1) SUPER tight draw, which causes
2) outstanding, super-saturated flavor, and also great TH;
3) titanium, so light as a feather;
4) never leaks unless you go nuts filling it -- threaded fastenings for every part of it, backed with o-rings;
5) huge well holds 2.5ml -- about half my daily amount, so no constant dripping.

Absolutely the very best tight-draw RDA EVER, and I wish to FUCK someone would start selling them again, I don't care if they're 2014 tech! They're awesome!

Andria

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Have you checked the trades here at VU for a pre-owned, original Achilles? If there isn't one for sale or trade you can post a 'wanted' request there. I traded my Avocado here and it was a great experience. Just check the seller's rating but most people are on the level. Since I had never done business I didn't have a rating, so offered to send my Avocado to the trader first (who had excellent ratings and many trades), then when she received it, she sent my AS along to me. You can work out any details with the trader in PMs before the sale/trade. I am guessing if you persist you will find one eventually. Everyone has their favorite gear and then the stuff they kept but don't use. And everyone likes something different, so... I'm sure there's an Achilles out there with your name on it. :)

EDIT: Just went to the trades and saw you have tried this route before. Found this, but only you would know if it's really the original style, even though it says "original." (FTR I have of course heard of this vendor but never bought from them... FastTech has it for $22. I am guessing these are not the original design since I so easily found them.)

Last edited:

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The MOD I fall asleep with in my hand is the one I hit during the night and the one I hit as I am waking up. After the first sip of Coffee I change up to a Breakfast Blend.
This is me, every aspect of it. I sleep in a recliner right now due to back issues so I literally fall asleep with one in my hand or right next to me. It is the first one I go for in the morning when alarm is going off. Then after a hour and some coffee I may switch it up and get a rotation for the day.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Absolutely NOT the original style, not even close! That thing's got more airflow than a fucking tornado.

This is the Achilles:

achilles.jpg

That's a $25 clone, but there isn't anything at all wrong with it -- in fact it's a much better atty than the authentic Achilles II which was $98.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I sleep in a recliner right now due to back issues so I literally fall asleep with one in my hand or right next to me.

Not saying this in any mean or authoritative sense, only a friendly "this works for me" if you want to consider it. I'm weighing in just a little over 300 lbs and know the weight is causing a lot of problems for me, inclusive of pain. Recently saw an x-ray of my spine that confirmed what I'd thought, got some discs which have fused together or lost the connective gummy stuff between them. That aside I know the weight pushes on the sciatica nerve cluster.

So, I've started exercising more. I have to at this point. The weight might even kill me, sure maybe on down the road, but it could be a very real vector. What I'm doing is trying to walk on a treadmill thirty minutes every so often. In between I have days where it's forty five minutes of various yoga poses. Eventually, want to be walking on a treadmill for an hour at a time. When I walk on a treadmill it is up at the two mile an hour speed. I push and go as long as I can.

Not going to say it's the be all, end all but I do find exercise is helping at least feel better. No, I've not talked to my GP about it but I'm sure a thirty year veteran navy nurse would tell me to do PT. *chuckles* She'd probably kick my ass for not doing some PT every day. And you don't need to go off thinking you'll run a marathon first thing or juggle armored trucks fresh out of bed. Go slow and easy, the bigger steps will come in their due time, no need to kill yourself trying to save yourself. :)

I've tried a recliner too. It's alright but we got a new memory foam mattress that just rocks balls. :) My trouble is I just don't sleep, well, very little. Alright, I jawed your ear, let you get to living way you see best. :) Run 'er slow. :hug:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But tanks really are dependent on so much for delivering. The juice, the build... the wick.

<Jack Webb voice>"Uh huh. See, just the facts. That's all I want here."</Jack Webb voice>*looks up from scribbled notes on notepad, grins*

That's exactly why I swapped out to RDA. There's so much less to worry and hassle over with an RDA.

Do I got a good build? *looks* Yep, least-ways I think so.

And yes, I know there's all kinds of particulars in making a good build. Once you get into a habit of doing it though, it kind of becomes like breathing or at least second nature.

Did I wick it good? *looks* Yep, somebody else might do better but it suits me.

And yes, I know there's all kinds of particulars in wicking good. Once you get into a habit of doing it though, it kind of becomes like breathing or at least second nature.

Yay! Vape on Garth! :) I get good flavor & some modest :cloud:, suits me.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@MyMagicMist ... LOL @ Jack Webb!

And totally agree that any kind of daily mild exercise (or working in the yard, or a physical hobby) along with stretching or yoga -- assuming one doesn't have physical issues that makes that impossible -- makes much more difference than none at all. Even 20m a day will keep you from atrophying compared to nothing. Heck, even doing some easy yoga 10min a day will keep you much more limber than if you did none. Doesn't even have to be yoga... just general stretching to open the spine, extend the leg muscles, etc. Don't have to go all Jack LaLane. (There, if I didn't date myself enough already. In fairness though I was a wee child when he was on the B&W.) :D Translation for the younger gen... don't have to go all Schwartenegger. (Hm, he's old now too. The Rock?)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Damn, you people are old! Jack Webb and Jack Lalane! Hell, I bet you even remember 77 Sunset Strip and Perry Mason too, huh? :D

Definitely Perry Mason, that was in reruns in the afternoons when I was a kid. The other one, I have no memory of at all.

I recall quite clearly when Gilligan's Island was still B&W. :D

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
fruit hoops

Fruit Hoops? What is that a Fruit Loops Clone?

1447262618261.jpg

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Damn, you people are old! Jack Webb and Jack Lalane! Hell, I bet you even remember 77 Sunset Strip and Perry Mason too, huh? :D

I remember both but it was my parents watching them. Also Gunsmoke, Bonanza, Daniel Boone, Leave It To Beaver, I Love Lucy, The Dick Van Dyke Show... Andy Griffith. Milton Beryl. Ed Sullivan (before it went to color).... That's when there were only 7 network channels. 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11 and 13 (in Los Angeles anyway). When I was very small TV was still only in B&W. TV commercials were almost all for cigarettes, cigars ("Should a gentleman offer a Tiparillo to a lady?"), kitchen appliances and cereal. And at 12am or 1 (maybe 2?) the networks all closed down and you got that standard broadcast image if you still had the tele on. :)

o/` o/` "I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now."

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I once watched Perry Mason while doing acid and my mother was in the room. I had the case solved within two minutes...I think.

I was born the year that started... was only 9 when it ended. So I was taking a bottle for the first season of that. LOL!

Pony Tail

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I remember both but it was my parents watching them. Also Gunsmoke, Bonanza, Daniel Boone, Leave It To Beaver, I Love Lucy, The Dick Van Dyke Show... Andy Griffith. Milton Beryl. Ed Sullivan (before it went to color).... That's when there were only 7 network channels. 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11 and 13 (in Los Angeles anyway). When I was very small TV was still only in B&W. TV commercials were almost all for cigarettes, cigars ("Should a gentleman offer a Tiparillo to a lady?"), kitchen appliances and cereal. And at 12am or 1 (maybe 2?) the networks all closed down and you got that standard broadcast image if you still had the tele on. :)

o/` o/` "I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now."

Sorry. Not trying to be rude and hijack your conversation but, that reminds of turning off the TV after the national anthem and color bar screen and watching the screen go to black except for the horizontal white line that turned into a dot before it turned all the way off.

VU Sponsors