Become a Patron!

The Music Game

bobsyeruncle

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anyone up for a forum game? Take a song title and artist and follow up with another song title and artist that uses part of the previous post's song or artist. You can use part of a word or artist to match.

Ex.

1. Time - Pink Floyd
2. (match on: Pink) Get The Party Started - P!nk
3. (partial match on: Started) Start Me Up - The Rolling Stones

Rules:

• One song per post. Post both the song title and artist.
  • Optional: share a video with your post
  • Match the previous post on either a word (or words) in the song title or in the artist's name. You can also match on only part of a word.
  • Don't reply to your own post.

Sharing a video should be pretty straightforward since this forum automatically converts a YouTube link to a video.

Have fun! I'll start:

--

Always Look on the Bright Side of Life - Monty Python

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
EDIT [CLUSTERFUCKED]

Last edited:

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sister Christian - Night Ranger
Sorry, but you lose :) Sister Christian by Night Ranger doesn't have any words from Right Here Right Now by Jesus Jones ;)

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sorry, but you lose :) Sister Christian by Night Ranger doesn't have any words from Right Here Right Now by Jesus Jones ;)

still a match tho. and i deleted mine cause moe beat me out with his post first.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
still a match tho. and i deleted mine cause moe beat me out with his post first.
Ahh... I wasn't interpreting the partial word part that way... got it.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
it just takes awhile for the game to get a flow going. there are always some snafus when ppl post at about the same time.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wanna play!
but I'm lost :(
Figured you'd be all over this. Just read through the rules and you'll get it. Just note the bit that @kelli just schooled me on regarding the partial words, guess I didn't understand that right. I was assuming it was for different versions of the same word like sleep from sleeping.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Figured you'd be all over this. Just read through the rules and you'll get it. Just note the bit that @kelli just schooled me on regarding the partial words, guess I didn't understand that right. I was assuming it was for different versions of the same word like sleep from sleeping.
at the other place where we played, you had to match at least 3 consecutive letters from a previous song/artist, but uncle bob failed to include that rule. so i guess we are just playing any word or partial word.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
From Autumn To Ashes - Mercury Rising (corrected Freddie Mercury)

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
hell yeah, I like this game! :)
Me too. It's fun listening to some stuff I haven't listened to in years. All this stuff is prompting memories and I'm really enjoying it given all my memory issues.

bobsyeruncle

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
at the other place where we played, you had to match at least 3 consecutive letters from a previous song/artist, but uncle bob failed to include that rule. so i guess we are just playing any word or partial word.

That was deliberate. There are no duplicate rules nor are there any minimum letter match rules to drag the game down. If a steal happens, you can either play off the last song anyway or the steal. No one has to edit a post to fix anything. Figure it out.

VU Sponsors