Become a Patron!

The new Kaiser

D

Donald Bickers

Just got my Kaiser today,,,,,,,man what a bitch to build,,,,,ANY HELP APPRECIATED.....Im leaking everywhere

D

Donald Bickers

Didnt realize i put this in this thread,thought it was in the coil building thread,sorry folks it was an accident,by the way got the Kaiser straightened out,Have a good evening.

MrFixIt

Member For 4 Years
Are you sure you'll be okay? I think you will, you have after all quit smoking ;) not familiar with kaiser I now must go look this Atty up.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I got the kaiser and fogger 4.4 the same day. I agree a tough build but once you get it right, WOW!

I discovered that it is easier to feed thicker Kanthal down into those holes and easier to tighten those Frankenstein screws.

DO not put too much cotton out the sides. If gurgling the chimney (juice control) is not tight enough.

If leaking through air holes then you are likely filling it too fast. Try this: CLOSE air holes when filling. In fact, wrap our hand or napkin around the base to avoid any air seepage. Use needle tip or syringe to fill. DO IT VERY SLOWLY... Dont force juice in like a Kayfun. You must let those little air bubbles come out of the fill hole or you are causing too much pressure to build inside the tank and if so the juice has no where else to go other than to leak out.
Once filled enough (but do not overfill) put fill screw in only slightly. Flip it OVER (now upside down) and let it sit for a 10-15 seconds... enough for juice to settle. THEN open the air holes all the way and finally tighten the fill screw.
If done correctly you will have the right vacuum inside and no leaks.

Please PM me and let me know how it works

D

Donald Bickers

I got the kaiser and fogger 4.4 the same day. I agree a tough build but once you get it right, WOW!

I discovered that it is easier to feed thicker Kanthal down into those holes and easier to tighten those Frankenstein screws.

DO not put too much cotton out the sides. If gurgling the chimney (juice control) is not tight enough.

If leaking through air holes then you are likely filling it too fast. Try this: CLOSE air holes when filling. In fact, wrap our hand or napkin around the base to avoid any air seepage. Use needle tip or syringe to fill. DO IT VERY SLOWLY... Dont force juice in like a Kayfun. You must let those little air bubbles come out of the fill hole or you are causing too much pressure to build inside the tank and if so the juice has no where else to go other than to leak out.
Once filled enough (but do not overfill) put fill screw in only slightly. Flip it OVER (now upside down) and let it sit for a 10-15 seconds... enough for juice to settle. THEN open the air holes all the way and finally tighten the fill screw.
If done correctly you will have the right vacuum inside and no leaks.

Please PM me and let me know how it works
Yes as far as"once you get it right WOW" i finally got it right,,,and i have to say this baby is right there with the kayfuns if not better.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Congrats on your success!

Now I realize how stupid this suggestion is going to sound but here it goes.

The very best tool you can have so you can do a great job of building an RBA (or anything else for that matter) is a really bright light source over your work area.

Trust me, a very bright light without shadows can make all the difference in the world!

D

Donald Bickers

Congrats on your success!

Now I realize how stupid this suggestion is going to sound but here it goes.

The very best tool you can have so you can do a great job of building an RBA (or anything else for that matter) is a really bright light source over your work area.

Trust me, a very bright light without shadows can make all the difference in the world!
yea uncleRJ im about half blind so trust me i have a very bright light w/no shaddows

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I just got my Kaiser in today and holy cow the flavor is amazing. Thanks for those tips Budkiss as mine leaked out the airholes first build. It's working great now. I like this RBA much better than my fogger V4

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Okay, so after playing with it for a bit and looking at it a bit closer. I realized that if you removed the ceramic cup it sure would be easier to build. Does anyone think that would be okay to do? I mean obviously you need to make sure the coils are secure and not touching any sides. No different than any other deck I would think.

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Kaiser doesn't really have much in the way of juice control, like some others, so don't put too little or too much cotton in it. Trimming it flush with the holes seems to work fine as the bell holds it in place. As long as you hold your vacuum, you will be fine. The way to avoid leaking, I have found, is to rotate the airflow ring closed before removing that top fill screw. It has a pretty good seal down there but I use high VG so results may vary. Fill it up, from the top, replace the screw and trim cap, invert the Kaiser, let the juice run to the bottom (top), then open the air flow ring to "burp" it. It doesn't seem logical that there would be any pressure in there after having the fill screw out but doing it that way just seems to keep it dry. Something as simple as having your finger over the drip tip hole while inserting it could have an effect on your tank's atmosphere.

Another old Protank practice was to carry them upside down in your pocket to prevent the heat from your body from causing the air to expand causing leaking. Since you may have loose juice or condensation in the chimney, that might be the lesser of two evils.

It's a bit easier to build than the Rose since it's wider and shallower. I usually build my coils, get the legs spread about right, insert them from the bottom of the cup and, holding it centered over the air hole, bend them until they look nice. Then I put the cup back in, slip a paperclip into my coil and rest it in the groove and the legs pretty much slip right down into the holes. Then I use a curved needle of doubled over kanthal to thread my cotton into the mounted coils. I've rewicked my Rose and Kaiser coils dozens of times using that "needle". I snip the cotton to split it into two on each side like in Pegasus' video. The paperclip is then prefect for seating the cotton in those grooves. Some people suggest breaking off the piece of ceramic between the notches but that seems like a bad idea to me. Since I usually use ribbon wire, (which is also very flexi and harder to use than round) it gets pretty warm and can singe the cotton if I get more than a couple of watts too high, so rewicking is a common chore. I tried using some twisted wire in the Kaiser too. That gives a very firm coil that can take a lot of abuse.

I'm not much of a dual coil fan. The Big Buddha from EHPro, that I use dual coils in, really knocks me out with very little apparent vapor. I like to vape steadier than I can take with that thing. I think the ceramic is the whole point of the Kaiser and I hope that you would learn to enjoy it's benefits, but it's not likely to fail to work without it.

VU Sponsors