Become a Patron!

The next step in my journey....

digger27

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey all, just joined so new here and new to vaping too.
This are just some musings from a newbie that might be interesting and familiar to others in the same position.

Picked up a Joytech D16 6 days ago and haven't bought a pack of cigarettes since.
The funny thing is quitting this time was so easy.
Actually, I am of the opinion that quitting smoking is easy for most contrary to popular belief because we all did it all the time.
I personally quit about 20 times a day...every time that I put out a cigarette.
It's the not starting up again and resisting the urge to light up another one is the hard part.
Real hard.

For me I have been pretty amazed that in the 133.5 hours or so since I put out my last analog cancer stick the amount of cravings I have had have not been a lot or very intense and with a few hits they went away.
Also my appetite has not been affected as it has been every other time in my life I have attempted to quit which is surprising.
This is while using liquid that is only 6mg nicotine, too.
I am not chain vaping either, at the most I am going through about 4ml of juice a day, if that.

I have always known that it was always more about being addicted to the smoking experience than the nicotine for me.
Years of having one with that cup of coffee in the morning or lighting one up when talking on the phone or after a meal was the real problem, years of that can reprogram your brain in pretty incredible ways.
There still is that nicotine addiction, however, this just seems to be a much better way to satisfy that urge.

So now I know this is the way for me I am already anxious to upgrade and fine tune my experience, make it even more pleasurable if I can.
I know me and I will probably never turn into a cloud chaser but I am into flavor chasing and I will probably stay that way and this flavor thing intrigues me.
It won't be long until I buy the supplies and start making my own special mixtures, knowing my large amount of patience I have for learning new things and my anal nature to continue to improve till I get things just right I just might be pretty good at this stuff with some trial and error and practice.
I have already saved about $30 not buying new packs of cigarettes this week, at about 33¢ per mm I spent on my juice I am not spending a whole lot and saving even more is just a bonus.
Plus the artist and mad scientist in me will be wildly happy if I can hit on some sort of satisfying recipe...or two.

Also I am into tech so I have been studying up and decided that even though I need to upgrade I don't really need to get crazy because I am a MTL vapor and getting close to that cigarette experience is the goal, with good flavor right now.
Despite that I decided a VooPoo Drag mod with the Gene chip and all those features would be right up my alley, way more than I need right now but plenty of features to mess with that would be fun for me in my search for the ultimate "Just like a cigarette", experience.
Trying out TC sounds like fun and I can try that but I think low watt above ohm will be more my speed and you don't need a cannon to kill squirrels.
Still, the thinking that if it is good enough to do it is good enough to overdo is in my genes because I am a guy after all.
The tank is going to be a Nautilus 2, despite the few complaints I have read about it overall it seems to be pretty well thought of for my goals and one that I can control and adjust to my liking.

These were my choices and I was all set to head to the Vape store and pick these up today but for the last 24 hours or so I calmed down and rethought the whole thing.
Anything decent is going to be an upgrade and my local store has the Zelos kit on sale right now for $50.99.
It has that Nautilus 2 included and the Zelos mod is more than ample for my needs right now with enough features to keep me happy at this point.
I would save about $25 over the cost of buying each piece separately, about $50 over buying the Voo Poo mod and the same tank.
Why not just do that and just invest some of that in some nice e-juice or my own flavoring supplies instead...for now.
I will end up with a nice small unit that will be perfect for driving and travelling in the future and still will be used even after I spring for that Drag which I probably will still do one day for my at home, relaxing and savoring needs.

My Vape store opens in 15 minutes so time to get dressed and take that next step on my journey.
All kinds of excited, already this has turned from an important but simple stop smoking exercise into a very enjoyable hobby.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors