Become a Patron!

The OFFICIAL Aspire Speeder owners thread...

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep.. High watt (anything over 10W) MOD's are the "over the edge- runaway - bad boy" for the FDA.. As is ANY ejuice
with a sweet flavor....
Cigalikes will always be available because they are accepted as a nicotine replacement which delivers about
the same amount as an approved gum, patch, etc......
But, the vape industry is worldwide, and it's a snowball rolling down-hill... So, no matter what the FDA rules, it will stay alive, even
if underground... which it practicly is now anyway... Like eBay, Paypal and Amazon banned vape stuff back in the 90's... thats why
no vape stores online will take Paypal.. and we all know those 3 guys are in bed together... You can buy coils, mod covers and
assorted shit, but not the mod's tanks or rda's .......

It' the "Wild West" of vaping :)
I've found I can get vape stuff on eBay that's not tpd approved actually!

Oh btw I'm pulling the plunge on the speeder this Saturday, the kit with the athos was the same price as the mod alone in my other vape shop so I'm gonna get the kit. People have said the tank is so so but people were like that with other aspire tanks that I absolutely love & besides I don't have a tank that can hit 100 watts without getting dry hits. Only thing I can think of is the T8 coils for my BBB.
My friend pushed the athos tank to 150 watts which is 30 watts over the ratings on the coil so I think they've underrated the coils greatly. I was gonna get the speeder anyway :)
I was gonna get the cloud beast but I tried it and it's freaking overkill. I don't even vape my RDA'S at the wattage some of them coils need

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

Oh btw I'm pulling the plunge on the speeder this Saturday, the kit with the athos was the same price as the mod alone in my other vape shop so I'm gonna get the kit. People have said the tank is so so but people were like that with other aspire tanks that I absolutely love & besides I don't have a tank that can hit 100 watts without getting dry hits. Only thing I can think of is the T8 coils for my BBB.
My friend pushed the athos tank to 150 watts which is 30 watts over the ratings on the coil so I think they've underrated the coils greatly. I was gonna get the speeder anyway :)
I was gonna get the cloud beast but I tried it and it's freaking overkill. I don't even vape my RDA'S at the wattage some of them coils need

I think you will like the Speeder! I do not have the Athos tank so I cannot comment on that! I bought the Innokin Scion tank to go with my Speeder and have been vaping that at 100w on the .28Ω coils for a few days now and works great! The Tank and coils are cheap- and I wanted to see if I like high wattage vaping! So far I am really liking the Scion tank- tastes is good, no dry,burnt hits!

Last edited:

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think you will like the Speeder! I do not have the Athos tank so I cannot comment on that! I bought the Innokin Scion tank to go with my Speeder and have been vaping that at 100w on the .28Ω coils for a few days now and works great! The Tank and coils are cheap- and I wanted to see if I like high wattage vaping! So far I am really liking the Scion tank- tastes is good, no dry,burnt hits!
Glad you are enjoying your new setup :) I've always liked innokin tanks, cheap & cheerful. The apex performed better than some tanks that are £10.00-£20.00 more.
The athos that comes with kit is 2ml tpd version though, hope I can get an extender kit cos I ain't vaping a 2ml tank at 100 watts. I'd be filling every ten minutes haha.
I have high expectations for this mod & like other aspire mods I hear it has good TC too so ill be cheering an ss build in my RTA

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
The Athos i pushed all the way to 200w although it started to get like a nuclear reactor at that point so yeah it can handle it lol, never once got dry hits from it though

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Athos i pushed all the way to 200w although it started to get like a nuclear reactor at that point so yeah it can handle it lol, never once got dry hits from it though
I got that impression from the reviews I've read! I read your review on reddit btw when I was browsing through the speeder reviews & your a very good reviewer! It was thorough, honest & detailed. You don't see many of honest reviews about so thank you for that :) I hate 'every mod is amazing' type of reviews hahaha

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not first time aspire have done this either. I've pushed the nautilus mini to 20 watts & I've pushed the cleito to 110 watts an that's the og cleito. Not even the 120. With no dry or burnt hits!

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Sweet, you have nothing to loose then by getting the kit.. i personaly know nothing about that tank, but have liked
other Aspire tanks from several months ago..
I agree about the cloud beast.. I have one and never use it.. I do like the big baby, it fact, it's probably my favorite
tank, when I am forced to have to use one.. like at work..
I dont use tanks at home if I can help it...

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sweet, you have nothing to loose then by getting the kit.. i personaly know nothing about that tank, but have liked
other Aspire tanks from several months ago..
I agree about the cloud beast.. I have one and never use it.. I do like the big baby, it fact, it's probably my favorite
tank, when I am forced to have to use one.. like at work..
I dont use tanks at home if I can help it...
I love my RDA'S but I can't build cos of my nerves so if my mates not around to help I use my big baby & cleito. Hard to find a decent tank! The big baby with X4 coil is definitely a sweet satisfying vape :)
The Q2 coils are shit an don't last! Love the T8 coils too but aren't easy to get for some reason :(

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I got that impression from the reviews I've read! I read your review on reddit btw when I was browsing through the speeder reviews & your a very good reviewer! It was thorough, honest & detailed. You don't see many of honest reviews about so thank you for that :) I hate 'every mod is amazing' type of reviews hahaha

Thanks Skold means a lot mate :) takes bloody ages putting something like that together so good to know at least someone liked it hahaha, actually even had asipre say they were taking my findings back to the engineers to take a further look for future updates which was awesome was well happy with that.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks Skold means a lot mate :) takes bloody ages putting something like that together so good to know at least someone liked it hahaha, actually even had asipre say they were taking my findings back to the engineers to take a further look for future updates which was awesome was well happy with that.

I rarely read entire reviews, but yours was great.
It’s good to hear a company take valid points instead of just giving lip service.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I imagine it's hard work man! Keep it up

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mine just arrived.
Nice first impression!
Put a pair of 30Qs in it and then found I had no idea how to get to the TCR menu. Nice manual, easy to find the info I needed. That's kind of rare anymore.
Set the TCR, glad I researched the per mille thing before. Set the wattage.
Screwed a Supreme V2 atop, answered the new coil prompt, hit the fire button.

Seems spot on to me. I'm REAL familiar with the vape of these tanks, they are all I use.
Resistance reading is dead on, and hasn't moved around.
Only had this for about 2 hours, but well pleased so far.

Thanks @Psychobunny and @KingPin! for the thread and information on this mod.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine just arrived.
Nice first impression!
Put a pair of 30Qs in it and then found I had no idea how to get to the TCR menu. Nice manual, easy to find the info I needed. That's kind of rare anymore.
Set the TCR, glad I researched the per mille thing before. Set the wattage.
Screwed a Supreme V2 atop, answered the new coil prompt, hit the fire button.

Seems spot on to me. I'm REAL familiar with the vape of these tanks, they are all I use.
Resistance reading is dead on, and hasn't moved around.
Only had this for about 2 hours, but well pleased so far.

Thanks @Psychobunny and @KingPin! for the thread and information on this mod.
1506957379920.jpg Got mine at weekend & I love it! Not used any other mod since, this will be my daily for a while to come :)

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Glad you like it shower really smooth consistent vape isn't it
:stars:

Once you wrap your head around the power curves...well worth doing if you ever use kanthal or nichrome spent a lot of my time in that mode (quick ramp up 5-10 watts above where I want to vape at ...level off half second or so later then drop off for the longer draw awesome)

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Once you wrap your head around the power curves...well worth doing if you ever use kanthal or nichrome spent a lot of my time in that mode (quick ramp up 5-10 watts above where I want to vape at ...level off half second or so later then drop off for the longer draw awesome)

Yes, it is a great vape, I like it more by the hour.
I'm going to check out the power curve mode. I use SS, but that vapes fine in power mode as well as TC.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I was using the power curve with one of my RDA'S. It's a pretty nice function. I used it on my archon too. Been waiting for aspire to make a 200w dual battery for a few months an they did good!

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, it is a great vape, I like it more by the hour.
I'm going to check out the power curve mode. I use SS, but that vapes fine in power mode as well as TC.
For a cheap mod I think the TC does pretty well. It's definitely better than the Smok mods, tesla mods and wismec mods that I have in that price range. Can't seem them mods getting much use now I have this!
I have a lost vape therion 166 on its way too :) can't wait to mess with escribe

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Early results, but this mod is something special. TC performance and repeatability crushes anything in its price class. Ergonomics, styling, build are great. My new favorite cheap mod by FAR!

I sure do agree. After a day with the mod, I am really enjoying it. Especially the TCR accuracy and the hand feel. Just great.
I prefer to call this an inexpensive mod. Cheap to me says low quality. 'Hey look at this cheap ass lawn chair'
This certainly doesn't give me that feeling. Even my wife thinks it is very nice, the look, feel, style.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I just put in my first curve and while I need to tweak it somewhat, it vapes very well.
Thanks for the tip!

VapeNMirrors

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I prefer to call this an inexpensive mod. Cheap to me says low quality. 'Hey look at this cheap ass lawn chair'
This certainly doesn't give me that feeling. Even my wife thinks it is very nice, the look, feel, style.

Yeah, you're quite right. Inexpensive is certainly the better term (updated my post above). The mod conveys no aspect of cheapness, the cash register aside.

This was a gift for my wife, in gold/white. Not so much my colors but she really likes it and was taking pics for her friends to see. I set it up for her and she has now made it through her first entire day entirely in SS TC. All the cheap mods (that cost about the same) have let down when TC gets finicky and she reverts back to power mode.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
First full day observations.
The TC on this mod is outstanding, smooth, no pulsing, accurate as far as I can determine by the amount and feel of the vapor.
Battery door is flush, stands up with no wobble.
510 connection is nice, no 'slop' when I first start to tighten a tank.
Every seam or joint is even, everything is tight with no rattles.
Fingerprint magnet in black.
Screen is ever so slightly tilted. Just enough to notice but not enough to make me want to fix it.
Running dual SS430 coils for 0.27 ohms 60W 445F for a couple of tanks through a Supreme V2 the battery level is around 70-75%. No numbers on the battery level displays, but a good guesstimate.
Played some with the power curve mode. If I weren't prone to vaping a tank dry I'd likely vape that mode. Once you dial it in, it provides an excellent smooth vape from the time you press the fire button. Really nice feature.

Next week, I may have to pick up another! Things I like, I have multiples. I hear Utah calling...

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First full day observations.
The TC on this mod is outstanding, smooth, no pulsing, accurate as far as I can determine by the amount and feel of the vapor.
Battery door is flush, stands up with no wobble.
510 connection is nice, no 'slop' when I first start to tighten a tank.
Every seam or joint is even, everything is tight with no rattles.
Fingerprint magnet in black.
Screen is ever so slightly tilted. Just enough to notice but not enough to make me want to fix it.
Running dual SS430 coils for 0.27 ohms 60W 445F for a couple of tanks through a Supreme V2 the battery level is around 70-75%. No numbers on the battery level displays, but a good guesstimate.
Played some with the power curve mode. If I weren't prone to vaping a tank dry I'd likely vape that mode. Once you dial it in, it provides an excellent smooth vape from the time you press the fire button. Really nice feature.

Next week, I may have to pick up another! Things I like, I have multiples. I hear Utah calling...
I'm glad you love it as much as I do :) it's the only mod out of all the ones I have that I'll continue to use aside from the lost vape therion 166 that is on its way but for the price I haven't had such performance as this. It's accurate as hell & is definitely an alien killer. It's reading my coil resistance exactly, the alien is all over the place. Only reason I'm comparing is they both feel good in the hand but the speeder shits all over it. The battery door is better, the TC is miles better. Every atty I've tried on it has sat flush and tbh I think I want a backup one too ;)

Gencho81

Member For 1 Year
Using my Aspire Speeder for few months . So far so good.But few days ago I noticed small problem and now don't know what to do . The problem - my fire button is not clicky anymore, but still works .Did someone else have same issue? Did someone have it and fix it?
I have other mod older than Speeder and fire button is very clicky.
I have found mini soft buttons in one online shop ,but they say rated up to 50 mA so I don't know if I can use them in the mod .

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
6 months in here fire button works fine on mine still clicky.

Have you had a few leaks go over fire bar?

Gencho81

Member For 1 Year
6 months in here fire button works fine on mine still clicky.

Have you had a few leaks go over fire bar?
Nope.I've check it inside -no liquid at all.
I have found a lot other mods with same problem.I guess it's result of hard pressing the bar bcoz I have silicone protector on the mod.question now - is it worth replacing it and how to know if the new button(rated up to 50mA) will operate normal? I guess I will order 3 different sizes mini clicky soft buttons with 4 pins and when (if) the old one stop working will give them a try.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Did you take any pics of the button underneath?

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Using my Aspire Speeder for few months . So far so good.But few days ago I noticed small problem and now don't know what to do . The problem - my fire button is not clicky anymore, but still works .Did someone else have same issue? Did someone have it and fix it?
I have other mod older than Speeder and fire button is very clicky.
I have found mini soft buttons in one online shop ,but they say rated up to 50 mA so I don't know if I can use them in the mod .

Hi and welcome to VU-
My speeder was still working fine and the fire button is clicky, like King Pin suggested maybe some liquid seeped in there?
I was using the LG HE4 ( yellow)
My Speeder has been shelved the last few months after I got 2 Therion 75C DNA and my newest favorite RDTAs- the Vandy Vape Pyros
I still use my minikin V2s also.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi and welcome to VU-
My speeder was still working fine and the fire button is clicky, like King Pin suggested maybe some liquid seeped in there?
I was using the LG HE4 ( yellow)
My Speeder has been shelved the last few months after I got 2 Therion 75C DNA and my newest favorite RDTAs- the Vandy Vape Pyros
I still use my minikin V2s also.
I'm so jealous. I'd love to have a therion. Want the dual battery DNA 167 version

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
View attachment 106137
Here it is.No liquid on the board or button

Difficult to tell with the rubber cover over it but looks like you’ll need a mini surface tactile switch ...search that ...take some measurements with the cover off and you’ll be able to select the right size

Gencho81

Member For 1 Year
Difficult to tell with the rubber cover over it but looks like you’ll need a mini surface tactile switch ...search that ...take some measurements with the cover off and you’ll be able to select the right size
This is what I was thinking .already placed the order for this on picture .Size 3*3,5*1,8mm.looks good and since I've manage to measure this on mod 3*4*2mm I guess will fit perfectly even under the silicone cover.will report and of the month.Screenshot_20180311-000520.jpg

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
This is what I was thinking .already placed the order for this on picture .Size 3*3,5*1,8mm.looks good and since I've manage to measure this on mod 3*4*2mm I guess will fit perfectly even under the silicone cover.will report and of the month.View attachment 106164

Please do :) love seeing little project fixes like this

Good luck with it :cheers:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I'm so jealous. I'd love to have a therion. Want the dual battery DNA 167 version

I got great deals on the 2 Therion 75C dual battery DNA- I bought 1 silver frame and the other black frame and glad that I have them.
I hope you are able to get the DNA 167!

I enjoy the Speeder to the point I had to have two. Great feel and durable. Paint job is excellent. The Athos tank and A5 coils are excellent as well. Not sure if I'm a heavy vapor or not but I fill my tank up 5 to 6 times daily vaping @ 105-115 watts. I change out the coil around 28 days of using, four weeks. Could probably use longer but I don't.
The only con I have with Aspire is having to deal with their customer service or any other department other than sales. Man do they piss me off.

Attachments

• 4877.jpeg
    4877.jpeg
    604.1 KB · Views: 15

Gencho81

Member For 1 Year
IMG_20180428_140000_052.jpg Did some1 have issue with screen stuck on fire screen and device not fire? I have this issue since I have the device and even before changing the fire button. It gets fixed after locking and unlocking the mod. I have it in v1 and v2 software. Hope so not see it now with cool v3.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
View attachment 109808 Did some1 have issue with screen stuck on fire screen and device not fire? I have this issue since I have the device and even before changing the fire button. It gets fixed after locking and unlocking the mod. I have it in v1 and v2 software. Hope so not see it now with cool v3.

Has the v3 firmware made much of a difference? Still have it using V1 stock

Gencho81

Member For 1 Year
Has the v3 firmware made much of a difference? Still have it using V1 stock
much of difference no , but screen looks better . You will have puff counter and total puff duration .
also new is sub-menu stile with 3 options - Modes,Data and System.
In modes to select working mode, in data to configure CSP,TCR presets and in System - lang,brightness ,puff count limit and reset.

ps : oh and they fix battery indicator - now they go same

Gencho81

Member For 1 Year
Anyone know from where I can order battery door for the mod. Really bad luck today. Need shipping to Cyprus .

dunno if anyone can answer me this, as I'm a bit of a newb...have had the aspire speeder kit with the athos tank, running with an A3 at 70W...recently got a UWell Crown 3 tank, running a 0.5 @ 70 W....but with the Crown 3 tank on, a hit the fire button, at first it shows 70 W, but then it drops down and flutters between 62 and 64...any idea what that's about? is this a faulty coil? As I pop the athos tank back on, and it fires steady at 70 W, and batteries have near full charge on em. Any help would be much appreciated, I've not a clue where to begin to trouble shoot this. Cheers :D

Gencho81

Member For 1 Year
dunno if anyone can answer me this, as I'm a bit of a newb...have had the aspire speeder kit with the athos tank, running with an A3 at 70W...recently got a UWell Crown 3 tank, running a 0.5 @ 70 W....but with the Crown 3 tank on, a hit the fire button, at first it shows 70 W, but then it drops down and flutters between 62 and 64...any idea what that's about? is this a faulty coil? As I pop the athos tank back on, and it fires steady at 70 W, and batteries have near full charge on em. Any help would be much appreciated, I've not a clue where to begin to trouble shoot this. Cheers :D

For me it looks like faulty coil. Check if resistance change while fire. This wattage drop happens when you reach voltage limit of the mod .

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

Or it could be a dodgy connection with the positive pin (that gold pin under the base of the tank) because coil isn’t secured sufficiently

It should be clean and protruding further than the threads and coil in tight

Also give the inside of a the mods 510 a clean round with kitchen towel

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Is it fast, how is the ramp up time? I plan to use my OBS Engine Nano RTA

you’ll notice a slight fire delay on the speeder

VU Sponsors