The Official Coil Photography Thread

Discussion in 'Coil Building' started by CrazyChef v2.0, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Pegleg Meg

Pegleg Meg As useful as Helen Keller's drumset VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Trying the reverse-lens technique (without a reverse lens adapter) today with my old Nikon D50, it shows promise and I can see myself spending all day messing with shutter speed, ISO, and lighting to get a good picture this way
    coil reverse lens.jpg

MoFasterMo, raymo2u, Wtmke1 and 2 others like this.
  2. PoppaVic

PoppaVic Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, that looks promising - even allowing for the lack of adapter.

MoFasterMo and Pegleg Meg like this.
  3. CrazyChef v2.0

CrazyChef v2.0 Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee Reddit Exile Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Look into getting extension tubes. They're MUCH cheaper than a decent macro lens, and can give great close up images.

MoFasterMo, raymo2u and Pegleg Meg like this.
  4. Pegleg Meg

Pegleg Meg As useful as Helen Keller's drumset VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    The adapters are fairly cheap, I might invest in one...hard to decide because this camera shoots lower resolution pictures than even my phone

I may be satisfied with the macro/wide angle kit I get in the mail today :bliss:

You're right, this is super cheap. I'll think about this one

Screenshot_20180627-110240.png

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    MoFasterMo and CrazyChef v2.0 like this.
  5. raymo2u

raymo2u VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Just gran a Raynox MSM-202 and a DCR-250....then get a lens later if needed. The MSM-202 is 4x, so its pretty damn close to begin with...thats how Ive been doing my super macros lately with my 60mm. You could get both Raynox's for about $100-120 on Ebay. Add in some Extension tubes and you can get some good shots for little money in comparison and then have some real abilities when you do get a good lens.

I have yet to try the MSM-202 with the 60mm with Extension Tubes together...I would like to see how much closer I could get with maybe 35-50mm of extension tubes but traffic and children shake the house when ever Im using the camera so that day will be "some day" in the future...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Pegleg Meg

Blog Posts:
    I'm thinking, reversal ring, manual aperture/filter adapter to put on the "backside" of the lens (which will be in front) and extension tube :question: