The Official Dotmod Thread

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
As many of you know, I'm a self professed Dothead - I love all things Dotmod!

Seeing as how Dotmod has both mods and atties (and other stuff), I really couldn't put this thread anywhere in the Mods And Accessories forum as it fits into more than two categories - so it's here! :D

So anyways, post up your Dotmod pics, ask your Dotmod questions, and welcome to the Dotlife!

I'll start, with a pic of my current setup and what I'm vaping right now:

2016-07-07 16.44.43.jpg

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Dear,

You want you try new bestest ever new atty?

:giggle:

My bad ... couldn't resist after reading your other thread. I guess I'm going to have to try one of their products out one of these days given your affection for them. :)

Last edited:

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
:D:D:D
That's the funniest thing I'll read all day! At first I was like - wait, how the...

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
im in. the petri 1.5 and noisy cricket was one of my first setups, and still one of my favorites. since i got that i have amassed a lot of gear, and that setup is still a daily, leaving a lot of newer stuff on the shelf waiting. i have a v2 on the way as well. im really curious about the new box too. is there any new info on it?

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
the petri 1.5 and noisy cricket was one of my first setups, and still one of my favorites.
It's a surprisingly awesome combo!

im really curious about the new box too. is there any new info on it?
Nope. They're still not talking. Although I heard from a source inside Dotmod that there's a RDTA in the works... :bliss:

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
all i got is a petri v2 clone but im happy with it for only $15

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Some of the clones aren't too bad - I have one myself. But, there's nothing like the quality built into an authentic.

Grego

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
image.jpeg I just received this set up, dual claptons .27 ohms. I may try parallel coils next. The air flow is a little tight. I guess the cloud cap would fix the airflow. Has anyone with the dot mod lite switched the spring on the switch?

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, I switched it, and switched it back to the original. The alternate spring adds a bit too much tension for my liking.

anen

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's a surprisingly awesome combo! Nope. They're still not talking. Although I heard from a source inside Dotmod that there's a RDTA in the works... :bliss:
It's a surprisingly awesome combo! Nope. They're still not talking. Although I heard from a source inside Dotmod that there's a RDTA in the works... :bliss:
Hey Cheff . My respect:)
If you ever get Summit caps for Petri, I would take at least one in burnt titanium end few in black delrin. I know it's a small chance but I had to try,.. You are known for your magical abilities. Looking forward that RDTA as well. Don't know anything about the box but I hope it will be series.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If you ever get Summit caps for Petri, I would take at least one in burnt titanium end few in black delrin
I'll send them an email and see what they say.

Donnyxx

Member For 5 Years
5ab4052f3b22dadd938477aee6031f59.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Shorevaper

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The box mods are on northern fog YouTube channel one is a dual 18650 box 200 watt the other is 300 watt lipo

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
There's also a 75W in the works. The 75W uses a single 18650, the 200W uses two 18650s, and the 300W uses a 1300mah lipo. The 300W will be available first, expected to come out in mid November. The initial colors will be red, royal blue, black, and gold.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
any luck on that thing i called/emailed you about
No, I can't seem to remember where I saw the parts. That old age thing is kickin' in again... :p:(

NickIsANoob

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
There's also a 75W in the works. The 75W uses a single 18650, the 200W uses two 18650s, and the 300W uses a 1300mah lipo. The 300W will be available first, expected to come out in mid November. The initial colors will be red, royal blue, black, and gold.

What is the chip like? If they had just stuck with Evolve...

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't have the specs yet. But there are a plethora of DNAxxx boxes out there. That's why I figure the original Dotbox was just a test run.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ok so i have a question
the petri tank rdta thing.
it has a gold plated deck
and the cover that encloses the deck is gold plated as well

is that a good idea? i dont care how good the plating job is-plating flakes why would you want to risk vaporizing gold plating and then the plating under that because depending on the base metal it may have to be struck with another metal first to apply the gold plate.

and this doesnt just apply to this rdta
ive seen some others with gold plated decks.

its just seems like a bad idea to have any surface that may come in contact with juice or cotton or coils to be plated - anyone have thoughts?

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I would have to say that it's because of the quality of the plating. True electroplating won't flake off. In electroplating, the gold (or whatever is being applied) is actually bonded to the material being plated. Unlike other types of plating, where the plating material is applied over the material being plated, if that make sense.

I have yet to read of a single instance of the plating coming off on any of the Dotmod gold plated RDAs that have been around for a while.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

McAnythingReally

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey Chef,
How is the new Petri V2 with the triple Airflow and triple hole posts? Im tempted to pick one up, but I'm nervous there will be too much air, and a loss of flavor because of this. I tend to run Smaller Fused Claptons(i.e 28 or 30 for the cores), and I don't want to drop the money on something that may not deliver what I am looking for. I love the look of the new ones, as well as the post system, but I just want to make sure the flavor is on par with the OG versions.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The flavor and airflow are pretty much on par with the V2 using a Cloudcap.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whatever happened to the 200watt mod that was suppose to happen? I remember there was a group buy thread for it for when it came out, then I havent heard anything (prbably cuz I havent been here in a couple months lol)

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
There was initially supposed to be an upgraded version of the DNA200. But they decided to go with a proprietary chipset, instead. There will be 75W, 200W, and 300W versions available. The 300W is expected to come out first, with shipping to begin in mid November. It's using a 1300mah lipo. Dual 18650s planned for the 200W and single 18650 for the 75W when they eventually get them rolled out.

MEENMAN83

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I got a first run of their original mod....its all brass #118 and at the time was only $75 out of the owners backpack....crazy to see how quick they gained fame and over course the prices rose quite a bit haha.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I still talk with James on occasion. His Steezcake juice is phenomenal! He's coming out with "The Gingerbread man" sometime in the next few weeks.

Donnyxx

Member For 5 Years
8d8416ef4ee6add0c93298990130335d.jpg

Dotmod Golden Trio. Loving the RTA tank and the upgraded fire button and V2 mod top cap in 24k gold. Definitely babying this setup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Got mine last November :inlove:

dotmod envy.jpg

Just_Calle

Member For 4 Years
You'd think there has to be 24mm versions on the way, right? With the new (?) 24mm tube they've got to put out something that will look right and match, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donnyxx

Member For 5 Years
Ok. Put in on it looks so much sexier with the gold trim.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
V2 is 22mm. I just want the gold RTA in 24mm. I coulda swore I heard someone say they had one, or even saw it somewhere. Idk, maybe Im just making shit up. But Id hate to drop $70 on the 22 only to find out the 24 is already out or on the way.

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
V2 is 22mm. I just want the gold RTA in 24mm. I coulda swore I heard someone say they had one, or even saw it somewhere. Idk, maybe Im just making shit up. But Id hate to drop $70 on the 22 only to find out the 24 is already out or on the way.
there were 24mm clones in a variety of colors on ft and 3fv before the legit 22mm was even out, from what i recall.

Johnny VapeStand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a couple of dotmod items, but it's expensive so its a splurge for me to even have them. I have an authentic RTA and RDA, and a clone tube mod. I read on another board that the 24mm RTA will be out in a couple months, and saw on instgram the 24mm RDA is out now.

VU Sponsors