Become a Patron!

The Official #HandCheck Thread

BaronVonEyePoke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just got this setup in the mail yesterday. It's the creator mod and the new vandy vape triple 28. I'm loving this setup, this RTA has AMAZING flavor especially for a larger RTA. I'm running triple twisted fused Claptons in it with 3mm ID. No dry hits at all and no leaking....u just have to be a bit generous with the cotton. I us V2 cotton bacon and make sure it's a snug fit in the coil then give it a good comb out and it seems to work great for me. I definitely recommend both the mod and the RTA.
6bf9183395563813b695aa4e94650859.jpg
192fd5dc0fa9eb1a3439809bed25a453.jpg

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

tripleheadkick78

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just got this setup in the mail yesterday. It's the creator mod and the new vandy vape triple 28. I'm loving this setup, this RTA has AMAZING flavor especially for a larger RTA. I'm running triple twisted fused Claptons in it with 3mm ID. No dry hits at all and no leaking....u just have to be a bit generous with the cotton. I us V2 cotton bacon and make sure it's a snug fit in the coil then give it a good comb out and it seems to work great for me. I definitely recommend both the mod and the RTA.
6bf9183395563813b695aa4e94650859.jpg
192fd5dc0fa9eb1a3439809bed25a453.jpg

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
Nice!

Sent from my LG-H860 using Tapatalk

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dreary day? Tell me 'bout it.. I hate shopping, let alone xmas shopping.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Im same cant be doing with busy shops or crowds of people, P,ees me right off , especially when they just stop an start pointing at windows when try to pass, ( deffo getting grumpier as i get older)
An then my misses wont tell me what she wants for Xmas an Bday as only few days apart So double wammy on wallet, just says IDK you decide ,
Then says no chocolates ,
no perfume or toiletries smellys an creams ect due to chemo no clothing, no eating out for months, cant go in sun any more so no holidays,
she dont wear jewelry as usually in medical (job wise)
Its driving me nuts , just flipping awkward ,

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

KayP

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im same cant be doing with busy shops or crowds of people, P,ees me right off , especially when they just stop an start pointing at windows when try to pass, ( deffo getting grumpier as i get older)
An then my misses wont tell me what she wants for Xmas an Bday as only few days apart So double wammy on wallet, just says IDK you decide ,
Then says no chocolates ,
no perfume or toiletries smellys an creams ect due to chemo no clothing, no eating out for months, cant go in sun any more so no holidays,
she dont wear jewelry as usually in medical (job wise)
Its driving me nuts , just flipping awkward ,

Haha. Is your wife a nurse? Then how about some comfortable shoes? :)

I'm buggered, but got the shopping done. Funny how working everyday doesn't tire me out as much as Xmas shopping trips..

Sent from a galaxy phone, far, far away.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
New 13ml expansion tank for FreeMax Fire luke, with black color changing glass....not only is this a work of art, but now I don't have to refill every 20 minutes! LOVE IT!! And a big shout out to Inked Atty!

k1I7Lio.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
New 13ml expansion tank for FreeMax Fire luke, with black color changing glass....not only is this a work of art, but now I don't have to refill every 20 minutes! LOVE IT!! And a big shout out to Inked Atty!

k1I7Lio.jpg
I'm quite fond of the larger tanks when I'm out and about. No need to refill but once a day.
fad59da29a3fd454c40d72f33956239b.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm quite fond of the larger tanks when I'm out and about. No need to refill but once a day.
fad59da29a3fd454c40d72f33956239b.jpg

I'd use the Voltrove a lot more if I could figure out how to keep it from leaking. ;)

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd use the Voltrove a lot more if I could figure out how to keep it from leaking. ;)
Mine is the Bft plus. Top fill but pours out if you fill it that way no matter how much cotton I use. I've started bottom filling and it doesn't leak anymore at all. I think the issue with the Bft is a pressure fit top makes too much pressure and pushes juice out

xXxelis_prxXx

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I could but it wouldn't do you any good. I bought a package of sandpaper from a hobby shop that had several small sheets of different grits of paper. I don't even know the grits, there is no markings on the paper. I think the finest grit (that I finish the sanding with) is 6000 grit.
The reason it's so much work is that the metal on most of these mode with the paint removed it quite rough. To get it looking it's best it should be sanded smooth.
The biggest key is in the polishing. I use a Grizzly Grinder with a polishing wheel but a Dremel tool is about the same thing. I have a grey colored bar of compound that was given to me by a friend that owns a body shop. Even in the rough condition of the metal I can polish it to shine like chrome but you can see all of the roughness of the metal.
I have also read that Neverdull works pretty good for the polishing.

I hope this helps.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

6a2218a5f893384b1ef04270610851c1.jpg

This is how is looking, but is true what you said about how fucked up is under the paint. Thanks for the tips

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine is the Bft plus. Top fill but pours out if you fill it that way no matter how much cotton I use. I've started bottom filling and it doesn't leak anymore at all. I think the issue with the Bft is a pressure fit top makes too much pressure and pushes juice out

Try the supreme Plus has JFC , for filling , works fine

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
6a2218a5f893384b1ef04270610851c1.jpg

This is how is looking, but is true what you said about how fucked up is under the paint. Thanks for the tips

Good start!
Don't give up, I've attached I pic of what it could look like.
53b661b80d6293712c2f54418409f99f.jpg

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good start!
Don't give up, I've attached I pic of what it could look like.
53b661b80d6293712c2f54418409f99f.jpg

Will it actually polish up that well being zinc alloy, i stripped mine months ago , it dullens so quickly, so needs coating with something

KayP

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try the supreme Plus has JFC , for filling , works fine

I have 2 Plus, one in gunmetal which works perfect, the other in silver that always likes to weep and at times leak. QC may be an alien concept to even Steam Crave.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 2 Plus, one in gunmetal which works perfect, the other in silver that always likes to weep and at times leak. QC may be an alien concept to even Steam Crave.

If you contacted Maggie Lou via Facebook she would ship out a replacment part for you , there was the odd JFC parts that didnt seal an they where replaced free of charge,

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Will it actually polish up that well being zinc alloy, i stripped mine months ago , it dullens so quickly, so needs coating with something

This is my SMOK Alien, it is zink alloy as well.
A good way to polish it and keep it looking good is to wipe it down with Neverdull.
7134e089acb3712332091e640f30bded.jpg

Last edited:

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is my SMOK Alien, it is zink alloy as well.
A good way to polish it and keep it to keep it looking good is to wipe it down with Neverdull.
7134e089acb3712332091e640f30bded.jpg

What grit sandpaper you use 2000 or above ?

Ive got triade to either polish or repaint an the C1D2 vape droid
253a5487fb22922bd15a08f409cd9285.jpg

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
What grit sandpaper you use 2000 or above ?

Ive got triade to either polish or repaint an the C1D2 vape droid

I finish with 3000 grit but the end result is from polishing.
I use a cotton buffing pad on a Dremel tool and I use a compound that comes in a bar. I spin the pad in the bar to get the compound in the pad then used it on the surface.
Using this form of polishing I can get a mirror like finish even if the surface is not completely smooth.

xXxelis_prxXx

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years

You can use some type of seals I use it for my wheels but Jesus this little mod is kicking my ass

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
You can use some type of seals I use it for my wheels but Jesus this little mod is kicking my ass

Yes, they can be a real pain! The hardest one I have done was the Holm Slice, it took forever to get the paint off.
The Alien was easy, the paint just fell off of that one.

Redbullque

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Yes, they can be a real pain! The hardest one I have done was the Holm Slice, it took forever to get the paint off.

got me wondering if I like the look of my gx350

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Redbullque

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
yb2od6Xg.jpg

First time trying an RDA, liking it so far, had me a little confused at first but I got it down after around 50 small four-letter words.
the Apocalypse is nice...make sure you have the small unicorn bottles and it'll be a long beautiful relationship

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Paint just peeled of my vapedroid its smooth been stripped for months so you think i can just use the no dull on a dremel an polish it up

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yb2od6Xg.jpg

First time trying an RDA, liking it so far, had me a little confused at first but I got it down after around 50 small four-letter words.
I like the Apocalypse rda. Pretty good flavor. The airflow was touchy for me. Too much one way is too much air and just a hair the other is not enough.lol

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Paint just peeled of my vapedroid its smooth been stripped for months so you think i can just use the no dull on a dremel an polish it up

You don't use the Neverdull with the Dremel tool.

Watch this video, since you have the paint removed start it at the 12 minute mark.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
SD nano 60w dna
On TC 425CF 22w 316L 0.87 Ohm build ,
Tiny mod Big Tank lol
Side by side with my DNA 167w (Hotcig R150) Converted mod for size comparison
591879647aa327930810b7ce4034f649.jpg
fab61a3338dda7fa8f30f3f690e18389.jpg

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You don't use the Neverdull with the Dremel tool.

Watch this video, since you have the paint removed start it at the 12 minute mark.

Ah ok , so sanding pads then no dull , looks good hopefully be able to get a near finish to the VT box , Thats what id like if possible ,
2706cc28dd2e3256862c7a356904852f.jpg

Redbullque

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reflecting on my vape voyage....almost 3 months w/o a cigarette!!! Still a Newbie but learned a lot. This was my first mod so I'm getting to know her again today...The Brain Freeze is probably the best menthol flavor I've had ..it was my first as well..... O how I have Grown!!!
f0db8ee2956a5819f7ac2443db665ead.jpg
66d348e9821e99fe5b4a8539e7a64461.jpg

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
I like the Apocalypse rda. Pretty good flavor. The airflow was touchy for me. Too much one way is too much air and just a hair the other is not enough.lol

Yeah I've noticed that with the airflow too, it's a touchy little bastard. I'm liking it so far, and on top of the captain it just feels right in my hand y'know. Gonna take a little getting used to having to refill so soon after using 4ml+ tanks for so long.

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my first squonk yesterday. Picked up this little guy, the augvape druga 22mm squonk kit for $40. So far I'm loving it. Got a single coil in it, running .2 ohms, powered by a Sony vtc6 battery. I'm quite surprised at how good this thing hits. I had really low expectations for it, but I'm quite impressed with it for how inexpensive it is. First mech and first sqonk.
30154e4df963c1d41c0b5cc4cf1aa68d.jpg

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors