Become a Patron!

The Official #HandCheck Thread

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
How is that Merlin MTL? I have Merlin mini that I use for MTL and I love it!

I haven't got the Mini, so can't really compare, but I like it. True hardcore MTL reviewers seem to thrash it, but it works well for me. But then, I prefer a somewhat airy MTL draw.
For comparison, if you've got a Siren 2, I usually run that on the biggest single hole or with 3-4 smaller holes open. Or Doggystyle fully open.

I think the flavour in the Merlin MTL is really good, but depends a lot on coil size and placement. (I usually have small round wire builds, around 1 Ohm)

What I do like about the Merlin MTL is that it gives you options and has a very nice deck to build on. The various air inlets allow anything from rather tight MTL (though the chamber is a bit too big for that) to DL.

dclopez6600

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Custom Blue DoubleBarrel V2.1 x TI Goon

4d21c24dad8a3b8ece782eee31a95510.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
That was fast. Mines not even out the door yet. Ha ha

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I still have 5 squonkers so I'm good there. :)
I actually wanted to get another Double Barrel, the champagne color.
Then I ran into a deal on the Therion I couldn't pass up so I ended up ordering both.

I can't put this Double Barrel down, it's an awesome device.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Then I ran into a deal on the Therion I couldn't pass up so I ended up ordering both.

I've looked at a couple I like the army green one I saw. Not sure if it's a standard color or now but was pretty cool

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
I've looked at a couple I like the army green one I saw. Not sure if it's a standard color or now but was pretty cool

Yeah, the standard colors at flat black, champagne silver, and army green.
There's a Facebook group where you can get custom painted ones that are pretty awesome.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Another retro night. The tricoil Azeroth atop my original RX200. So much for all the Joyetech-is-junk haters out there. Still going strong, no 510 issues.

I wore the paint off to the extent that I decided something should be done, so out came Dr. Dremel, and some polishing compound.

CameraZOOM-20180125230756122.jpg

Any Whovians out there, ( I'm not referring to little Cindy Lou Who, who is no older than 2 ) might understand why as a homage, to the good Dr., I named it " Handles ".

CameraZOOM-20180125230813260.jpg

I might even engrave some tear ducts. It also seems obsessed about being upgraded. It already has the latest firmware...

Last edited:

Hanson

Member For 4 Years
Going DNA with the Rebel DNA167. You get what you pay, I’m retiring my Boxer Rader and all my non DNA mods
71cd481acadfe7cdbd44411bf6a1bb4f.jpg
537524e42baa2dc235d176241a357ba9.jpg
. I used to believe a mod is a mod despite of the price. I was dead wrong. The DNA chip is superb and next on my list is the Yihi. My diy juice suddenly tastes decent with it. Alright alright alright

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Pretty sure I’m going to get the champagne myself. That custom blue with the goon ti posted in here the other day was incredible.

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
been on a roll this weekend for fixing my old stuff. made a new spring for the switches in a couple mods that needed some work, including this paradigm osmium parallel box (my first parallel box, my first fancy authentic and my first pinoy mod). the spring in the switch in this one was already super soft (felt great tbh) when i got it, and it eventually just gave up and started firing in my lap in the car. i took it apart and saw the spring was flat and put it aside for 'later'...well almost two years later, here we go...
osmium.JPG
i missed you buddy :hug:

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
A brand new Sapor RDA that @mach1ne was nice enough to send me, sitting on a SK clone that I got a while back. I've never been much of a fan of top flow RDAs, but after reading about so many people who really dig it, I wanted to give it a try. And I'm glad he sent it, because I really like it! And the SK clone works every bit as well as my authentic. Sorry Marquis...

6PQx297.jpg

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
A brand new Sapor RDA that @mach1ne was nice enough to send me, sitting on a SK clone that I got a while back. I've never been much of a fan of top flow RDAs, but after reading about so many people who really dig it, I wanted to give it a try. And I'm glad he sent it, because I really like it! And the SK clone works every bit as well as my authentic. Sorry Marquis...

6PQx297.jpg

Probably the only top flow rda I’ve ever liked.

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
looks great @CrazyChef v2.0 im glad it finally made it through the gauntlet of postal services :cheers: its one of the only top air designs i like as well @HvyMtl ...i dunno why its so good, but it just is. the 22mm sapor rta is also pretty great.

VU Sponsors