I had to do it :)

69b504e0c4f8074b710e2dbb82417ec2.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away
Stripped one? That looks awesome!!

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Brass one will go on the Viking, Black one is already on the OG Grip... nightmare moves to regulated

Although, plan is to find a Purge OD Green Enforcer stack to put the Brass Asgard on, always liked that purge of all purges

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven't seen a matching knurled OD Green 21700 stack section, but you could always decide to order a custom coated one:
https://fasteddiesvapedistro.com/pages/purge-custom-coating

The mod itself is still available it seems.
https://www.skyvapeaz.com/products/purge-mods-od-green-enforcer-mod

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm getting my ass in "Gear" this morning. :teehee:

Twinsie's! Sort of :) I want to try and find a better matching 510 tip though. I also took the plastic plates off of mine. My daughter has one of these guys too! I don't use it too often due to the single 18650 but for my little MTL tank it's perfect.

IMG_20200606_075531400.jpg

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Twinsie's! Sort of :) I want to try and find a better matching 510 tip though. I also took the plastic plates off of mine. My daughter has one of these guys too! I don't use it too often due to the single 18650 but for my little MTL tank it's perfect.

View attachment 162577

That looks cool, Deb. I’d like the single 18650, though. Very nice mod. <3

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Your mech mod is in a sleeve? What is that?
I love that thing!!! Plastic tube for the mod, and the cap is 510 threaded for carrying your atty. Huge for me because I won't carry around a tube mech without either taking out the battery or taking off the atty. One complete carry instead of two or three :)

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Possibly Bx10r started the recent Asgard mania on VU!
I don't think anyone here except me owns an Asgard RDA. The Asgard is the Asgard Mini's bigger brother, and, I got my first Asgard Mini on 5 July last year, 3 days after I pointed out its existence... see post #33 in this old thread:
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/single-coil-rda-recommendations.482563/#post-2537585
I still recall doing a forum search for it here on the VU back at the time, and, the search results came up totally empty. :giggle:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I love that thing!!! Plastic tube for the mod, and the cap is 510 threaded for carrying your atty. Huge for me because I won't carry around a tube mech without either taking out the battery or taking off the atty. One complete carry instead of two or three :)

So, it’s so that you can carry it and it won’t vent? That’s a cool idea. I never heard of anything like that.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't think anyone here except me owns an Asgard RDA. The Asgard is the Asgard Mini's bigger brother, and, I got my first Asgard Mini on 5 July last year, 3 days after I pointed out its existence... see post #33 in this old thread:
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/single-coil-rda-recommendations.482563/#post-2537585
I still recall doing a forum search for it here on the VU back at the time, and, the search results came up totally empty. :giggle:

So you started it and it caught on like a meme!!

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
running a 0.15 Ni build in TCR at 245C/40W. Dual-coil round wire build
Do tell.

You reminded me that I got a spool of 28ga Ni200 from Kidney Puncher with this last order and decided to try nickel for the first time. Ridiculously low resistance. The first twisted build didn't even register on my meter (which goes down to .08) so I stuck it on my VK530, which didn't read it either. Low resistance error. Pulled out the vape tools app and it's telling me it would take 18 or 20 wraps just to get above .1. Single round wire is closer, but still WAAAY low and outta range. Any common build is down at like .03 or .04.

I went with Ti1 instead as usual for now. I have to be missing something.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do tell.

You reminded me that I got a spool of 28ga Ni200 from Kidney Puncher with this last order and decided to try nickel for the first time. Ridiculously low resistance. The first twisted build didn't even register on my meter (which goes down to .08) so I stuck it on my VK530, which didn't read it either. Low resistance error. Pulled out the vape tools app and it's telling me it would take 18 or 20 wraps just to get above .1. Single round wire is closer, but still WAAAY low and outta range. Any common build is down at like .03 or .04.

I went with Ti1 instead as usual for now. I have to be missing something.

Basically the same as this build: http://www.vapingunderground.com/threads/post-your-builds.737/page-504#post-2491197

Same wire and all, just rebuilt it since that one was from 2019 and getting a bit tired. :)

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Always liked those mods. I always sell off then miss what I had. New plan buy two sell one so I still have one for days like those

Sent from a pile of wood chips
Maybe I will at some point, but I don't get rid of anything I don't have at least 2 of for that very reason :D You can snag this mod for under 30 bucks now. I know it's one of YIHI's bargain boards, but it's still really good when you get it set up right.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What am I doing wrong? I'd think maybe there's a database error or something for Ni200 in the app, but now that I think of it, the mod tells me close to the same resistance, but just won't fire it. I had that wrong before.
View attachment 162591

I dunno, don't use apps. The steam-engine is all I use.
Fuck mobile...it's for calls, casual pics, e-mail, texting and that's about it.

Same wire though, 28ga Ni200. :)

a 5mm leg length is way too much though...

Rob B.

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The still awesome Lotus on the VK530 with the aforementioned Ti1 build in it.
View attachment 162590

I like that mod, a lot... The least I can find it for is $30.29 at Sourcemore. The Carbon Black is slick.
thumbup1.gif

I like the Atty also. Is yours the same as in the picture? I see a slight difference around the top, under the drip tip. Nice atty though. :)

Rob B.

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

Steam-Engine on my iPhone using Chrome is perfect. No app needed. :)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Steam-Engine on my iPhone using Chrome is perfect. No app needed. :)

LOL, yeah...same on my 2014 Moto-X using Chrome/Waterfox. It's alllll *nix actually.
I just meant I don't use 'vape apps'. I tried a bunch, they all sucked. ;-)

The only actual application I use for vaping is eJuiceMeUp...on PC...err..is a Linux computer still a PC nowadays?

204px-Tux.svg.png

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I'm certainly not knocking it for anybody else, but I can't stand Steam Engine. I tried. I really did.

Like I say. I would think it's a problem with the app if the mod didn't say the same thing. Maybe it's the wire. i don't know. Not the end of the world.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like that mod, a lot... The least I can find it for is $30.29 at Sourcemore. The Carbon Black is slick.
thumbup1.gif
I love that mod. Some specimens suffer from the YIHI parasitic battery drain, but for whatever reason, it left me alone.

I like the Atty also. Is yours the same as in the picture? I see a slight difference around the top, under the drip tip. Nice atty though. :)

That's the one :) Still my favorite RTA. They're tough to find now. Others didn't seem to like it as much as I did, but that's how things go in this game :cool:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If I didn't have to fix windows machines for money, I'd never touch it again.

Heh, as long as there are Windows systems, you'll have money.
I used to be a MCP, and I hated it. And that was in 1998.

Corporate greed and apathy knows no bounds. It's ok though, I've pirated Windows since 3.1.
Win7x64 Ultimate is my last M$ OS. Updates are off, MS IP's are banned. it's mine now.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You'd think so, but it ain't what it used to be and competition is fierce.

Try going into security? A billion Windows system are gonna go kapooom soon..
Hell, all the stores I shop at..they run XP for POS...that supports ends ..err yesterday. ;-)

I have OS/2 Warp CD's...cheap...lol

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I'm doing it right (which I'm never sure of with steam engine) even steam engine is telling me 16 wraps to get a .11 dual build. That's with 3mm legs, but I need 5 for this rta.
steampileengine.JPG

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That really is sumthin else. It'll be 6 years in 2 months. I see it all the time.

We used to support machine shops etc that used it to run their machines. It was good for that :)

And many banks...

I wish to fuck OS/2 had won the war back in 95/96. It'd be a different world. I loved O/S2.
Then again, The Amiga did shit in '95 that nothing else could do. Meh...

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You can't turn updates off or choose them individually with Windows 10 unless you have professional. :headbang:

ya you can.

https://www.techbout.com/turn-off-automatic-updates-in-windows-10-34716/

WSUS, or...
https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/4wv6fe/windows_update_minitool_is_a_free_alternative_to/

My 2008-vintage copy of Win7 Ultimate x64 is updated to the EOL patches, backed up on a hardware-independant bootable Paragon image and can run forever as a VM in Linux. I got 32MB of RAM and a hexacore 4ghz AMD CPU for a reason.

And I have a 6.7GB ISO with every win7 version and all patches to this year, just in case.

They can byte me. ;-)

...typed from a fully imported Win7 Waterfox profile into Linux Mint. Yes, I have passwords, plugins, etc.
The only thing I miss is Adobe apps...and I can fix that too.

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In a simplicy:

Bill Gates: like to kick in teh nuts until dead
Woz: we'd party and 'prolly harass Torvalds in IRC

_EOL_

VU Sponsors