Become a Patron!

The OFFICIAL SmokTech ProColor owners thread...

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just got mine today.. my 3rd Smok MOD....
Took me a while to learn to navigate the menu.. and had to watch Daniel's review video a few
times to really get it (the manual isnt very good).

So far, this is my favorite Smok mod that I have tried..
Not crazy about the form factor, but the HUGE OLED is awesome...

Share your tips, thoughts, whatever here :)

Took me a while to learn to navigate the menu.. and had to watch Daniel's review video a few

I was really torn on that one or the t-priv. I decided to go with the T-priv I get it tomorrow and cant wait!

RugBurnRed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also picked up a Procolor, my first MOD. Still trying to figure out all of the settings. So far very pleased. Turned off all of the color display around the display first.

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I also picked up a Procolor, my first MOD. Still trying to figure out all of the settings. So far very pleased. Turned off all of the color display around the display first.

When I got mine, and first put the batteries in, it was locked, and the LED's were on "always flashing" mode.....
I was like, WTF is going on.... LOL... it took a while to figure out how to turn the LED's off, and then unlock it.

The menu system is not intuitive to me.. i dont like the way you have to hold down the fire button to select the menu
options on the bottom of the page...
Too a while to get used to that....

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was really torn on that one or the t-priv. I decided to go with the T-priv I get it tomorrow and cant wait!

When I ordered my procolor from Vape NW, they sent me a t-priv by mistake, had to send it back, but I got a chance
to look at it... very nice... but i am a sucker for shit with colored LED's ... LOL

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you for opening this thread, I have had very much good luck with smok mods & will definitely be adding this to my collection. So its your favourite smok mod eh?? My favorite atm is the T-Priv but maybe this will be better! :)

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you for opening this thread, I have had very much good luck with smok mods & will definitely be adding this to my collection. So its your favourite smok mod eh?? My favorite atm is the T-Priv but maybe this will be better! :)

Yep, I do love this MOD..
Been playing with the menu options a lot, just so I can get used to how it works.
I dont know what the difference is between the 2 except for the design.
They may have pretty much the same board??!!

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looks like Mike over at Mike's Vape on Youtube likes his procolor too.. i see he is using it all the time on
his tank and RDA reviews... lol

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, I do love this MOD..
Been playing with the menu options a lot, just so I can get used to how it works.
I dont know what the difference is between the 2 except for the design.
They may have pretty much the same board??!!
I think smok have used same board for a while!

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
To be fair had nothing but joy with wismec mods, use an rx200s daily and got an rx300 yesterday. 510 was always okay so guess I'm lucky :)

I love my Wismec RX3.. I know it's limitations (cant do TC), and I have only had every minor problem with the RX300's 510
which i totally solved by sticking a shim under the tank/rda...
I am gleefully vaping on my RX3 with my Reload RDA sitting on top even as we speak... :)

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love my Wismec RX3.. I know it's limitations (cant do TC), and I have only had every minor problem with the RX300's 510
which i totally solved by sticking a shim under the tank/rda...
I am gleefully vaping on my RX3 with my Reload RDA sitting on top even as we speak... :)
I love the rx300, haven't used any other mod since I got it on Saturday. I'd get the RX3 but can't afford another mod for a few months

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I love the rx300, haven't used any other mod since I got it on Saturday. I'd get the RX3 but can't afford another mod for a few months

I was tempted to get that one.. but i loved the form factor of the rx200s, bought that one, then liked the smaller rx3 even more, and
because of the bottom battery door. I hated cracking my fingernails trying to open the 200s... lol

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was tempted to get that one.. but i loved the form factor of the rx200s, bought that one, then liked the smaller rx3 even more, and
because of the bottom battery door. I hated cracking my fingernails trying to open the 200s... lol
Yeah it was a pain, I don't like mods when you've gotta force the battery out. After a month or two I end up having to rewrap the batteries. So your liking the RX3 I take it?? I might get one in a couple months :)

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah it was a pain, I don't like mods when you've gotta force the battery out. After a month or two I end up having to rewrap the batteries. So your liking the RX3 I take it?? I might get one in a couple months :)

Yes, love my RX3.. but if you are a TC fan, dont buy one... lol

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Then you will love the RX3.. and who knows, Wismec may someday provide a firmware patch for TC mode....
I don't use TC alot an when I do I use my nx100. It has a good chip for the price.
I believe the Aspire speeder has a new chip btw, anthony told me :) I remember you asking

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I use my RX200S in TC Mode all the time and I have no issues. My Aliens don't give me any anal probes either.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use my RX200S in TC Mode all the time and I have no issues. My Aliens don't give me any anal probes either.
It used to kick me out of TC mode but was fine with ss factory coils for some reason but as I only use my wismec mods in power mode I don't mind really.

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't use TC alot an when I do I use my nx100. It has a good chip for the price.
I believe the Aspire speeder has a new chip btw, anthony told me :) I remember you asking

Yeah, thanks.. I am indeed scoping the Aspire MOD.. I want something I know will be accurate in TC w/o having
to plug the MOD into my PC to run it off of some TC software...

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, thanks.. I am indeed scoping the Aspire MOD.. I want something I know will be accurate in TC w/o having
to plug the MOD into my PC to run it off of some TC software...
It should hopefully be decent. I was very happy with my archon but preferred the nx100 cos although it only goes up to 100 watts it more solid.

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It should hopefully be decent. I was very happy with my archon but preferred the nx100 cos although it only goes up to 100 watts it more solid.

I have only used high watts, like 90w, on my Mason 30mm rda.. all other times, i never go past 60...
I would though prefer a mod that can do at least 150w.. you never know when u will need that extra power....

PS.. for juice flavors, i find that 40 to 50w is best.. for like dessert flavors, a little higher...

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have only used high watts, like 90w, on my Mason 30mm rda.. all other times, i never go past 60...
I would though prefer a mod that can do at least 150w.. you never know when u will need that extra power....

PS.. for juice flavors, i find that 40 to 50w is best.. for like dessert flavors, a little higher...
But yeah I get you totally, I don't go higher than 90 watts. Not even with an RDA. I couldn't handle higher than that but people are that insane they can vape a cloud beast at 200 watts or higher!!

Great setup ain't it :)

Oh yeah its sick! now im getting rda's and rdtas for it. the only problem im finding with vaping is i think im more addicted then cigs lol its fun though I enjoy the community, the hobby, and just my overall feeling a hell of a lot better health wise then I ever did on cigarettes.

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't know if this is an issue, but when I remove/change tanks/rda's, and put a new/same one back on, I
don't always get the "new, old" thing on the screen, but I still have to press and hold the fire button.
Sometimes, just pressing it once, I don't get anything, I have to press it again...
So sometimes, it takes 2 presses of the fire button to get it to work....

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know if this is an issue, but when I remove/change tanks/rda's, and put a new/same one back on, I
don't always get the "new, old" thing on the screen, but I still have to press and hold the fire button.
Sometimes, just pressing it once, I don't get anything, I have to press it again...
So sometimes, it takes 2 presses of the fire button to get it to work....
I've not had this happen on my Alien, don't know how to solve the issue though :(

derekkage

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got my Procolor about 2 weeks ago, & I'm really enjoying it. It's my 2nd mod; my first was a Kanger TOPBOX. The change from single to dual 18650 is incredible - no longer do I need to charge multiple times a day to keep vaping. With the ProColor, I only change batteries about every 24 hours. I think the menu isn't very intuitive (really wish they'd use 3 buttons instead of the +/-/Fire bar configuration), but I think I've gotten used to it. It kinda sucks that Smok doesn't offer their own TC coils & that it doesn't come with the X-Baby tank.

I noticed that it isn't very consistent when changing coils - it doesn't always ask if it's a new coil, & firing it without the tank doesn't reset & force it to ask. I read somewhere that it only asks if the new coil reads a different resistance than the previous. I have witnessed that when it read a new 0.15 as 0.136. It asked then, but when it read another as 0.15 (same as what I was replacing), it didn't.

I also wish Smok made it easier to keep up with current firmware versions. I am assuming that v. 1.0.2 is the newest.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had some really inconsistent readings with resistance too on some of my smok mods. And it's always below the 0.4 coil resistance in my big baby. It never reads 0.41 or 0.4. It's always below but when I first got my Alien it was accurate.
My older smok mods like my H-Priv are dead on though. It's just my T-Priv and alien that aren't. Smok needs to fix this!

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got my Procolor about 2 weeks ago, & I'm really enjoying it. It's my 2nd mod; my first was a Kanger TOPBOX. The change from single to dual 18650 is incredible - no longer do I need to charge multiple times a day to keep vaping. With the ProColor, I only change batteries about every 24 hours. I think the menu isn't very intuitive (really wish they'd use 3 buttons instead of the +/-/Fire bar configuration), but I think I've gotten used to it. It kinda sucks that Smok doesn't offer their own TC coils & that it doesn't come with the X-Baby tank.

I noticed that it isn't very consistent when changing coils - it doesn't always ask if it's a new coil, & firing it without the tank doesn't reset & force it to ask. I read somewhere that it only asks if the new coil reads a different resistance than the previous. I have witnessed that when it read a new 0.15 as 0.136. It asked then, but when it read another as 0.15 (same as what I was replacing), it didn't.

I also wish Smok made it easier to keep up with current firmware versions. I am assuming that v. 1.0.2 is the newest.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about, it doesn't seem to know if it's the same or different resistance...

And I agree, don't like the menu at all, but I have gotten used to it.

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've not had this happen on my Alien, don't know how to solve the issue though :(

My Alien has been working perfect (though I have never used TC) so this issue with the Procolor is something new....

Daniel on Youtube mentioned something interesting in his review, he was in TC and chain vaping, and the resistance went
crazy, not accurate... he called Smok and talked to a tech who understood the problem and told Daniel that they will be
coming out with a firmware fix...
I don't see any updates for the Procolor yet on their website..

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Alien has been working perfect (though I have never used TC) so this issue with the Procolor is something new....

Daniel on Youtube mentioned something interesting in his review, he was in TC and chain vaping, and the resistance went
crazy, not accurate... he called Smok and talked to a tech who understood the problem and told Daniel that they will be
coming out with a firmware fix...
I don't see any updates for the Procolor yet on their website..
Runs fine but the readings in resistance are way off, I use my T-Priv alot more though. My alien is mostly my out an about mod as I find it a compact mod.

I dont use TC much but smok definitely ain't the best at TC!

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Runs fine but the readings in resistance are way off, I use my T-Priv alot more though. My alien is mostly my out an about mod as I find it a compact mod.

I dont use TC much but smok definitely ain't the best at TC!

Yeah, I think if your really into TC, better be willing to pay a bit more $$ for your MOD...
I don't know if the procolor would be off enough to really make a difference in vaping or not...

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I think if your really into TC, better be willing to pay a bit more $$ for your MOD...
I don't know if the procolor would be off enough to really make a difference in vaping or not...
Yeah be better to get a mod in the SX series if you want good TC but aspire mods do the job if you've not money to folk out for a mod over $200.00

Dagoroth

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Just got my Green ProColor in yesterday! Loving it so far. I had a Big Baby Beast on top of a Baby Alien mod before getting this Smok ProCo so this isn't much of a change except for not having to change batteries all the time or turning down wattage to 50w.

Now to just wait for someone to release a custom firmware for the ProColor so that the light strobes. I'm wondering what kind of crazy things they will do with the lights.

The only thing I don't like about this mod is that it doesn't show what my amperage is at x.x

Last edited:

Bigbob2322

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Just got my Green ProColor in yesterday! Loving it so far. I had a Big Baby Beast on top of a Baby Alien mod before getting this Smok ProCo so this isn't much of a change except for not having to change batteries all the time or turning down wattage to 50w.

Now to just wait for someone to release a custom firmware for the ProColor so that the light strobes. I'm wondering what kind of crazy things they will do with the lights.

The only thing I don't like about this mod is that it doesn't show what my amperage is at x.x
I didn't even think about the changing of lights. :cool:

VU Sponsors