Become a Patron!

The official VAPE MAIL!!!!!!! thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anything you may want to trade? Lol I'm not really digging it. I was looking for an RDTA not an RDA. That's what I get for sending someone else to the vape/smoke shop.
Got a limitless today so I'm happy!

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
What u looking for ? Got lots of tanks and rdas but never know what u may like .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Time to go shopping! I'm looking at tesla steampunk, any thoughts worth sharing?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Tesla Nano 120W Steampunk is a great mod. Get it from vaporider for $40 and there is a 10% off coupon, I think it is NewVr but not sure. They ship out of Texas so no long china ship times to worry about.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sherman clone and V12-X4 coils from 3fvape. I was able to use the spare glass from my Ohmega BFT on the Sherman and TFV12/8 or Goon style drip tips work on it. The build quality on the Sherman clone is really good and so far a great vape.

Was supposed to get a Cigpet ECO12 from eightvape.com but they sent the wrong tank. Really good company to deal with though, already got a return shipping label so it will be going back. The ECO RDA is a reall sharp looking tank though, will pick one up when it is on sale. Also got the V12-Q4 coils and Coil art Cleito coils from them at a nice price.
9d686004703a30acf1aefb9da8d8b3fd.jpg
edf04cc847b2cc1edd0d63c79e95b464.jpg

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sherman clone and V12-X4 coils from 3fvape. I was able to use the spare glass from my Ohmega BFT on the Sherman and TFV12/8 or Goon style drip tips work on it. The build quality on the Sherman clone is really good and so far a great vape.

Was supposed to get a Cigpet ECO12 from eightvape.com but they sent the wrong tank. Really good company to deal with though, already got a return shipping label so it will be going back. The ECO RDA is a reall sharp looking tank though, will pick one up when it is on sale. Also got the V12-Q4 coils and Coil art Cleito coils from them at a nice price.
9d686004703a30acf1aefb9da8d8b3fd.jpg
edf04cc847b2cc1edd0d63c79e95b464.jpg

Lol, you should keep that ECO RDA. One of my favorite RDA’s. That Sherman clone looks sweet. How much?

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol, you should keep that ECO RDA. One of my favorite RDA’s. That Sherman clone looks sweet. How much?

I plan on getting one in the future, not sure I need anymore RDA's though, already have a lot I really like. I want the gold though so this black one needs to go back...haha

I believe it's $22.99 on 3fvape. Was thinking about getting one.

That's the one :yes: Nice so far but you have to burp it like the Boreas or Modfather and it is not as easy to wick as those 2. For a little over $20 though it is worth it for sure.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Where did you order yours from? I've been thinking of getting one too

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I got it from ebay (for some reason I can't post the link here) Silver costs $60.00 and black costs $160.00. I decided on it after seeing Zophie Vapes (YouTube) vaping on it all the time. I'm going to post a review on it when I've used it for some time. :)

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looking back through time on this thread there's a lot of good changes to mods and probably everything. It was started in July 2014. So nearly 3 yrs old and the vape world has got so much better in 3 yrs. I remember about 3 yrs ago and the mvp 20w was a good mod back then.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The MVP 20W was my first box when I upgraded from my ARO Winder. I thought I was a power user with that thing. :eek:
I went from the cheap evo cig pen style to the mvp 20w. Used it for couple months then I think I got the aspire cf max kit with the atlantis mega on it, I've still got the mega and use it on my RX200S sometimes. That's the oldest bit of kit I own.

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You'd probably know what's fair more then I would. Not really sure I need anymore tanks right now though. Kinda bought a few throughout the week

Apologies , got busy and didn't see the msg , what are u looking for , a mod , rda , rta,rda , u let me know what u would like and what u paid for the 13 heavens and I can msg unity something

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Apologies , got busy and didn't see the msg , what are u looking for , a mod , rda , rta,rda , u let me know what u would like and what u paid for the 13 heavens and I can msg unity something

I paid just under $35 for it, but I don't expect to get that out of it since I don't think it's worth that. I'd be open to a cheap mech mod or possibly an RDA. Only thing I'm not liking about the rda is a lot of them I've seen have kinda small build decks? I mean I haven't seen many so I'm guessing they're not all like that.

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I paid just under $35 for it, but I don't expect to get that out of it since I don't think it's worth that. I'd be open to a cheap mech mod or possibly an RDA. Only thing I'm not liking about the rda is a lot of them I've seen have kinda small build decks? I mean I haven't seen many so I'm guessing they're not all like that.

Have a troll v2 24mm that may interest you , has a huge deck and relay deep juice well , it is the black one

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I'm waiting for vape mail! Limitless RDTA Gold Edition, Smok XCube Ultra and batteries. I can't wait! :xD:
Ordered some more batteries as well! These started dying really fast after I started using my own coils. Is that normal? Lol

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ordered some more batteries as well! These started dying really fast after I started using my own coils. Is that normal? Lol

Building your own coils shouldn't be making your batteries die quicker (unless you are putting your atty on your device and firing it when building on it, which I do instead of putting it on my ohm meter to fire).

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Building your own coils shouldn't be making your batteries die quicker (unless you are putting your atty on your device and firing it when building on it, which I do instead of putting it on my ohm meter to fire).
Well if he is building .06 and .08 ohm, it will require higher wattage to push compared to a .39 ohm or a .50ohm... lower Ohms will end up requiring way more power.....

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Yes I do normally do my dry burn on my mod.
Are you running higher wattage now? Taking longer hits? Those will both reduce battery life
Not really using higher watts yet but I am taking longer hits. From everything I've seen and read I must be doing something wrong because when I put my baby beast back on I get bigger, better hits that taste better for the most part.
The only time using my own coils has been consistently better was using the rda but I didn't like having to drip every 6-8 hits. The Rdta's all seem to give me a dry, almost Burt hit towards the end.
I've tried turning down the watts but then I don't get that warm, wet full hit that I like? I did briefly try using TC mode with my tf-rta and that seemed to be going in the right direction.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Sounds like a wicking issue to me. That was something I had to learn by try and try again. It takes paying attention to some simple details to get wicking right.
When cotton comes in a "pad" am I supposed to remove the top and bottom sheet? Or whatever it's called?
I just saw a guy remove it in a video amd that was the first time I've seen that.

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When cotton comes in a "pad" am I supposed to remove the top and bottom sheet? Or whatever it's called?
I just saw a guy remove it in a video amd that was the first time I've seen that.
I didn't at first but had better results once I did start doing that. I recently started using cotton bacon. It is much quicker and easier than the sheets.

Last edited:

Ablonz

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It makes it easier to for wicking purposes when you remove the top and bottom layer of the pad

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sale started in my local vape shop so got a couple liquids, and the griffin 25, the shop stuck a free '2 coils' in for me, as I've only ever used subtanks with premade coils. Reading at 0.26 ohms, vaping at 70w with the "nilla nade " juice in it. And I love it. Should have got into RTA'S ages ago. £40 for griffin and 60ml french dude and 30ml nilla. Bargain I think.
978cac05a77210aad0950daff84ce589.jpg

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can I ask anyone out there a quick question please? ? I'm new to rta tanks just got my 1st this morning, the griffin 25. And the coils are reading at 0.26 ohms, is there a certain wattage you apply for different ohm readings, or do you just find a 'sweet spot'' yourself and go from there.?? And do you always stay in wattage mode with the griffin tank or does that depend on the wire used for the coils? ?
Thank you Vapers.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Can I ask anyone out there a quick question please? ? I'm new to rta tanks just got my 1st this morning, the griffin 25. And the coils are reading at 0.26 ohms, is there a certain wattage you apply for different ohm readings, or do you just find a 'sweet spot'' yourself and go from there.?? And do you always stay in wattage mode with the griffin tank or does that depend on the wire used for the coils? ?
Thank you Vapers.

I would say you find your sweet spot for wattage. If your wire is Kanthal yes you stay in wattage mod. But if you're using stainless steel coils you can use wattage or temperature control mod.

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would say you find your sweet spot for wattage. If your wire is Kanthal yes you stay in wattage mod. But if you're using stainless steel coils you can use wattage or temperature control mod.
Thank you. I'm going have to go on YouTube now. Check all the coil building and wicking and stuff. The vape shop where I bought griffin said the build he put in 4 me should last about a week, and he charges £3 for a new build. So it's saving me money straight away compared to buying a pack of 5 premade coils.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you. I'm going have to go on YouTube now. Check all the coil building and wicking and stuff. The vape shop where I bought griffin said the build he put in 4 me should last about a week, and he charges £3 for a new build. So it's saving me money straight away compared to buying a pack of 5 premade coils.

You can clean and rewick and get longer.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

The coils will last a lot longer than a week. When it starts tasting off, pull the wick, dry burn the coil on low wattage, rinse or wash at the sink, dry & rewick.
So easy to start building on your own, fun & cheap. I would get the Coilmaster v3 kit. Some wire & wicking material.
https://www.coil-master.net/product/coil-master-diy-kit-v3

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

The coils will last a lot longer than a week. When it starts tasting off, pull the wick, dry burn the coil on low wattage, rinse or wash at the sink, dry & rewick.
So easy to start building on your own, fun & cheap. I would get the Coilmaster v3 kit. Some wire & wicking material.

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks so much. That's what I wanted to know. I appreciate that. He said they're tiger coils, I don't know if that makes a difference. I know my juice is tasting better in the rta.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

I cheat and use these kits- https://www.centralvapors.com/demon-killer-coils-48-pcs-8-types-of-prebuilt-coils/
there are other brands that you can get from Fasttech or Gearbest too! I get the kanthal. These kits have many coil options and when you find the ones you like you can get that type separately- I like these when I don't have time to make coils! Also- you could remove the wick of your store made coil and dry burn it, there are you tube videos, rewick and get more time out of that coil.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks so much. That's what I wanted to know. I appreciate that. He said they're tiger coils, I don't know if that makes a difference. I know my juice is tasting better in the rta.

No it doesn't matter what kind of coils, you clean them the same way. Get the kit & YouTube vids on building. Also steam-engine.org for what wire gauge, how many wraps = how many ohms & you'll never look back.

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I cheat and use these kits- https://www.centralvapors.com/demon-killer-coils-48-pcs-8-types-of-prebuilt-coils/
there are other brands that you can get from Fasttech or Gearbest too! I get the kanthal. These kits have many coil options and when you find the ones you like you can get that type separately- I like these when I don't have time to make coils! Also- you could remove the wick of your store made coil and dry burn it, there are you tube videos, rewick and get more time out of that coil.
Thanks Joey, is there a difference in all the different coils you can get?? I've seen some weird named ones. Tiger what I've got. I know the clapton. But there's all these fancy alien hive snd mad ones. Do they give better flavour or cloud? And thanks for the tips mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors