Become a Patron!

The official VAPE MAIL!!!!!!! thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm getting that same mod. Thanks...very nice!
It's a nice mod. Very colorful and VERY light weight...
4449caa8b0d028515e6cdb1c5809c315.jpg

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is the new tank that doesn't use coils? The Joyetech Riftcore- How are you liking it? It is on my wish list.
Well, after more than a month's wait, this has arrived. It ain't half bad.

The air comes in through three adjustable slots in the base, up, and hits the plates from the sides. The cotton sits between the plates and is fed from either end. Kind of reminds me of a Taifun or Squape wicking.

I can confirm that the material used in the plates is tungsten (or at least tungsten based), as it's working great in TV mode with a TCR value of 0.0045.

The wicking is dead simple. Cut a couple strips using the included template, and lay 'em in. Juice. Vape. Interestingly, this is the first tank I've ever received that comes with a set of tweezers. Huh...

Filling is accomplished via a slide-to-the-side top cover that snaps smartly into place with a spring loaded ball bearing. Despite other reviews (or perhaps because of a last minute design change) the drip tip does not lock the cover closed.

From a design stance, it looks OK. It's a bit stubby, but not at a significant loss of capacity (3.5 ml).

After a tank and a half, there appears to be no issues with leaking. I filled it the second time while the tank was half full. Lots of bubbles but no leakage.

The little beasty do get hot, though. After chain vaping through about 6 ml, I can hold it, and vape it, but the heat is noticeable.

But what about the flavor? It's good. Mind you, that's modern Subtank good, not RDA or Engine 2 good, but...

Some have complained online that it's too expensive. When the cost reduction of never having to buy coils or wire again (or until you hit around 1000000 puffs) is factored in, I think it's cheap!

More to follow as I play with it.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Well, after more than a month's wait, this has arrived. It ain't half bad.

The air comes in through three adjustable slots in the base, up, and hits the plates from the sides. The cotton sits between the plates and is fed from either end. Kind of reminds me of a Taifun or Squape wicking.

I can confirm that the material used in the plates is tungsten (or at least tungsten based), as it's working great in TV mode with a TCR value of 0.0045.

The wicking is dead simple. Cut a couple strips using the included template, and lay 'em in. Juice. Vape. Interestingly, this is the first tank I've ever received that comes with a set of tweezers. Huh...

Filling is accomplished via a slide-to-the-side top cover that snaps smartly into place with a spring loaded ball bearing. Despite other reviews (or perhaps because of a last minute design change) the drip tip does not lock the cover closed.

From a design stance, it looks OK. It's a bit stubby, but not at a significant loss of capacity (3.5 ml).

After a tank and a half, there appears to be no issues with leaking. I filled it the second time while the tank was half full. Lots of bubbles but no leakage.

The little beasty do get hot, though. After chain vaping through about 6 ml, I can hold it, and vape it, but the heat is noticeable.

But what about the flavor? It's good. Mind you, that's modern Subtank good, not RDA or Engine 2 good, but...

Some have complained online that it's too expensive. When the cost reduction of never having to buy coils or wire again (or until you hit around 1000000 puffs) is factored in, I think it's cheap!

More to follow as I play with it.

Thank You for the review of this tank- you are the 1st one I know to try it out! It is on my wishlist as one to try!
I have watched a few reviews and most seem to like this tank! You are right a little pricey, but saves you in the long run from buying coils is a good thing! Looks like you can replace the "plates" or take one out to make a single plate deck, I saw on a You Tube review.
Love it paired with the Hugo, another in my wish list! I have the Vapor Storm Puma that looks very similar- nice light weight mod, battery life sux though, so I have been looking at the Hugo- nice price on that !

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Replacement Pulse 80w body from myvpro 1 day (they are only 20 miles from me) after emailing them I had a problem with the 510 not making connection with my Recurve, DR SQ or Athena RDAs. They told me to keep the bad unit so I went ahead and ordered a bottle and some panels (and another refill bottle) so I could use the wonky pulse with the DR 24 clone or Pulse 22 that will make a 510 connection.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
These are contest winners. I've had the Mag a while but just opened it up. The Storm Trooper looking kit is the new Reuleaux RX Gen3 Dual. I was really surprised at how small this little guy is.
0613181321-1.jpg
0613181322-1.jpg
I'm getting to the point where I'm gunna hafta start parking stuff. I never thought I'd have this many mods lol.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
These are contest winners. I've had the Mag a while but just opened it up. The Storm Trooper looking kit is the new Reuleaux RX Gen3 Dual. I was really surprised at how small this little guy is.
View attachment 113610
View attachment 113611
I'm getting to the point where I'm gunna hafta start parking stuff. I never thought I'd have this many mods lol.
He'll the contest I won I've heard nothing back from anyone. Just a $ 20 store credit. Wonder if it'll take 2-4weeks like an actual product.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Uh-oh. I just saw that I ordered $432.74 in stuff from VaporL. ReCurves, the new Pulse mod, Arctic Dolphin Anita, Nudges, T-Priv, Zeuse Rtas, coils, cotton, glass...and I'm shopping now at a vendor that has killer prices. So, more mods. And, I decided to jump the fence and go with the TFV12 line. More tanks and coils will cost me a wad. And lastly, $173 on a new Squid Double Barrel and Peacemaker kit & coils. The nice thing is that the Peacemaker takes the Baby coils. Ugh....!

Edit: That order was from May 11th. More than 30 days! No DHL tracking.
Good thing I paid with PP. I CANCELLED THE ORDER at 3am this morning. Whew!

Last edited:

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great photo, Pami. Enjoy! 3rdPig is SO glad you like it.

He's ready for any of you who want a Rotation Station. Keep your atty and your juice together!
Visit his website and tell him what you want!
Any way to get a link to his bay store ? Would like to see more of his stands

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It's amazing for its size! Good flavor and clouds!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Man the Griffin, I remember how amazed I was with it and couldn't put it down

*puff* oh my ged
*puff* it tastes so amazing
*puff* oh my geddddd
*puff* it's almost empty, good thing I have two lol

Hated the wicking sometimes, but put up with it for the awesome flavor, bottom air RTAs are still my favorite vape

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did you PM/email the contest runner, and the store liaison?
Yep. The member here was @jj2 and I emailed the company twice. Jj2 explained to me that it's a donation from the site. Kinda messed up like make sure you say thanks a bunch and post reviews. Almost like kissing a butt cheek for winning. I'm not sore about it. Just be nice if the contest stuff went through.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I ordered these from FT what seems like months ago. The ETA was 7 days, then 18 more, than 18 days more. I gave up trying to track em. They finally showed up. Smok Baby Mesh coils-
0614181321-1.jpg

Got some batteries and wraps, six pinks-
0614181323a-1.jpg

Clearance stuff, two Coilart Toruks, two COV RSTs, two Motivo Revo pens, stickers, and they threw in a free Tshirt!
0614181330.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
More vapemail today - nothing spectacular. Bubble glass for the Dotmod 24mm RTA and a backup Spin LT because my other one snapped after 2 years of constant use. I was able to superglue it back to a working state, but need a backup just in case.

47FDYl1.jpg
Dude I love my spin Lt. I've had a loping with it when I used it up until last night. It was spinning so smoothly. I see why they're favorited.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not mail, as I just got it from my local Brick and Mortar. First working squonker, and first mod that uses 20700's. The RDA is the only one I could find that has a squonk pin, works well but doesn't really match. Loving the mod though.

OoJD4AM.jpg
be careful, they tend to reproduce like rabbits. I got my first squonk last fall, now I got this +2 more pulse bf mechs to put away in storage:

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Let us know how you like that, I've been thinking about picking one of those up.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away.

I like the textured paint on the mod. It has a good weight to it. Good hand feel. The tank is good. Nice flavor and vapor production. Drop in magnetic tank and adapters so there is some rattle if you shake it and try to make it rattle. The 510 adapter works well. The only tank that I have setup at the moment is the limitless gold rdta 25mm so there is a noticeable overhang. I don’t think a 24mm tank will be too bad and a 22mm tank will have no overhang. The internal battery is 2400mah. The weight of the mod feels like they built it around an 18650. I would expect to get the same amount of battery life as any other single 18650 mod. The pod adapter can use the Juul, pulse, phix and bo pods. I’ll probably pick up a Juul pod tomorrow to try and see how it performs with those. There are presets in the menu for each brand of pods. I’ll be taking it with me tomorrow and using it all day so I’ll be able to better comment on battery life after that. I’ll update more as I put it through its paces. I picked this up from breezy for 34.95 plus shipping. I would say already that it’s definitely worth taking a serious look at for that price.

Carpe Nidor

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Thanks @pappachaz
I went ahead and ordered one. :)

I googled it to see what I could find and found it for 29.99.
I had it in my shopping cart and received a text message. When I went to answer the message a box popped up, "Wait, don't leave yet! Take another 10% off your order with this one time coupon code".
So I went ahead and put a couple more items in my cart to get free shipping!

Sent from a Galaxy far far away.

Last edited:

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
be careful, they tend to reproduce like rabbits. I got my first squonk last fall, now I got this +2 more pulse bf mechs to put away in storage:

Oh god, I already am at 43 mods now, and now I have discovered the world of squonking I am loving it. What mods are they, apart from the pulses?

I hope I don't get a squonk addiction too. I did try it before on a semi broken DNA40 clone, but obviously wasn't the best experience with the board messing up constantly.

I'm in love with using it, I have noticed if I press hard I get a little juice ring, is this just me being a bit too hard with the squonking? Also, I realise why they are called squonkers- once you press it, and the bottle re inflates some gets sucked back in and makes a 'sqounk' noise.
I was worried as it was single 18650/20700, but I'm using a single coil build at 32W so it isn't really an issue.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh god, I already am at 43 mods now, and now I have discovered the world of squonking I am loving it. What mods are they, apart from the pulses?
I don't even remember how many non squonk mods I have stashed in the basement. Probably in the 20 - 30 range, and countless rta (many that I have never actually even built that I need to put up for sale).

3 pulse 80's (Dead Rabbit 24 clone, Dead Rabbit SQ, and Pulse 22) in that pic, 2 Rigmod x Hotcig RSQ with Recurves on top and an Athena mech kit with the Athena RDA. 2 Pulse BF mech boxes to be cleaned and stashed because I got sick of leaky internals/bottles. I hope VV learned from the leaky 510 in the mech box when they designed this new anti-leak 510 in the pulse 80. I have a few more squonk mods I want to get/try but I have been spending too much on vape gear, and other things this spring, and just had to replace a water heater, so no more vape mail for me until I get all my debt (most is 0% interest thankfully) paid off this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors