Become a Patron!

The official VAPE MAIL!!!!!!! thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This is from Gas City Vapes. Plus any order from USA cost me way more the exchange rate alone kills me. It takes $1.37 Canadian for one American dollar.
169077691b626e2d3f11ca7ca6b54429.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
That’s the Orion Q - not the same as the Orion.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
First vape mail besides juice and wire in almost a year!

e595798fb3db04071212247ab0ca3456.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The Lustro is a great mod- love mine!
I have the red, but Vapor Range is having a great sale on these at $41.00 shipped and may get another color in the future.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Dash Vapes has them on sale right now for $79.99 but they are out of stock. I may just order one and wait for it...that is kinda like ordering from China!!
1e623827aad6beca3aff91622036847c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Canada certainly marked up the price! Honestly though I have over 20 vape setups and the Orion may be my favorite. 100% recommended, even considering the price.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Darn!! Well if I like it and you still have it in a month or two...lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
For now, it sits with the stuff I'm not sure what to do with, yet. It's blue. Considered posting it for trade. I'm a single coil RTA kinda gal, it was mistakenly sent to me and they told me to keep it.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Woohoo, vapemail came a day earlier than expected. Honestly was skeptical it would get here by tomorrow, made it from vegas to the midwest in less than 48hrs to my mailbox. Thanks to the vapor joe's discount, knocked a couple more dollars off it. Just under $28 shipped. Opted for the black/silver ipv eclipse.
ipv eclipse 2-21-19.jpg

Looks like they're still on sale.
https://www.firevapor.com/collectio...lipse?sscid=21k3_gcwxa&variant=18656806240326

Haven't learned all the ins and outs of it yet, and still a little awkward. I'm used to adjusting temp or wattage with the up/down, this one the up and down mess with memory settings and soft/normal/hard unless I select the wattage or temp first then adjust. Left button (down) is a little lower than the others and a slight mushy feel where the others are clicky. There's a tiny bit of firebar rattle at times and the 3 adjustment buttons are a little loose and rattle if you run your finger back and forth over them. Otherwise doesn't rattle even when shaking it. Heavier than I expected, from the pics it tends to look plasticy but I think the body and firebar are metal. Not sure about the adjustment buttons, they might be plastic or metal. Screen's plenty bright. Turned it down to 1/10 and it's still easy to read. People often say price doesn't play into how they feel but to me it does. I'm a helluva lot happier with this thing for $28 than $88.

dom qp

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, I am too. I like it better than the Goon.
Performance wise I think they're pretty close to even but the build deck on the KALI is a lot better in my opinion.
That and the options definitely give it the edge.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

I got the Kali V2 and Goon 25 at the same time. I was told to get just the Goon but I don't regret getting both.

I agree with the build deck. Kali is so much easier to build on. I also get better flavour from the Kali.

I do feel though that the Goon 25 can handle bigger builds. My first build was way too mass intensive in it. Ended up having to vape it at 175W and upwards of 7V.

In the 90-120W range, which I prefer just because it's more... tenable (and mech-friendly), the Kali wins out IMO.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, I am too. I like it better than the Goon.
Performance wise I think they're pretty close to even but the build deck on the KALI is a lot better in my opinion.
That and the options definitely give it the edge.
They need to bevel the edges on the clamps in the Goons. I love em, but can be a pain to build on.

Edit: In fact I've been meaning to do it myself.

dom qp

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They need to bevel the edges on the clamps in the Goons. I love em, but can be a pain to build on.

I wish they would add pins like they did in the revised version of the Layercake (so you don't explode yourself), but in the middle of each side of the clamp.

Those pins, in the Goon 25, would give the wires a slot to slide into so you can start clamping it down to hold them in place.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
I'm really a big fan of the postless decks, not having to position two coils and tighten at the same time it's so much easier.

That being said, I took a small plastic fork and broke out the two middle tines, works perfect for holding the coils in place while tightening them down.

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm really a big fan of the postless decks, not having to position two coils and tighten at the same time it's so much easier.

That being said, I took a small plastic fork and broke out the two middle tines, works perfect for holding the coils in place while tightening them down.

Your name does suit you..ingenius

#staycloudy

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

That is a great idea!

Along those lines, I've also been meaning to whip up something to slide over the clamps to space the coils maybe a millimeter from the posts. Now you got me thinking :)

Maybe a single tool that does both.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Next time you do this take a pic as I'm a visual guy and can't quite picture this.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Or does your fork keep the coils from the posts a bit? I thought you meant side to side.
I'm not sure what you mean by keeping the coils from the posts?
I thought I did but in my thinking it does both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors