Status
Not open for further replies.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
So did I. Man that thing loves cotton and if it doesn't get it it'll gurgle and flood. Once you figure it out, it's fine. I think it was my third wicking when I finally got it where it wanted to be.
Took me 2 to b good. 3 to be great. And now i love it.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 144605
My first new toys in a long time. The Nautilus AIO in blue. Pod that uses nautilus coils. Can’t go wrong there. Vapes just like the tank and much more portable. Battery lasts all day. Love it!
Aaaand I did something I don’t usually do. I jumped on the hype train and got a pasito with the rba deck. I’m using the 1.4 mtl coil in it for now. My old eyes are just too tired to build on that little deck right now. So far I like the stock coil. Airflow adjustment works well and the manual wattages is a nice touch also. Seems like a pretty good mod.

Carpe Nidor
I love the pasito. Had it come out years ago I might not have as much gear as I do now... Well....

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
So did I. Man that thing loves cotton and if it doesn't get it it'll gurgle and flood. Once you figure it out, it's fine. I think it was my third wicking when I finally got it where it wanted to be.
Still like the kylin 2 better though.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Nice vape mail day!
All from trades here on VU :)

Wismec Reuleaux RX Gen 3 300 watt with a Stacked RTA and a Chi You 30mm 26650 mech from @bx10r
54139a8c4bf934605eb365a989c6c0cd.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

I have an ehPro Chi You 26650 clone that I've had for a long time, probably at least five or six years. Just the other day I found the box for it which contained the flat top cap (I'd been using the beveled top cap for 22mm atomizers). Yours looks great with that 30mm atty on it. Think I'll need to round up one of those! Is the atty you're using there terribly expensive?

I also have an extra 26650 battery that is just going to waste, so this will be a good way to put it to work!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have an ehPro Chi You 26650 clone that I've had for a long time, probably at least five or six years. Just the other day I found the box for it which contained the flat top cap (I'd been using the beveled top cap for 22mm atomizers). Yours looks great with that 30mm atty on it. Think I'll need to round up one of those! Is the atty you're using there terribly expensive?

I also have an extra 26650 battery that is just going to waste, so this will be a good way to put it to work!
I've got a Ss 30mm Glacier v2 I got from the Cloudist.store if you're interested. I can ship Thursday when I get paid. Can get pics if you want

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Was just looking at the nova last nite. Will prob surf for a sale and get 2 of them.
When 8vape had those sales for 20 dollar Nova kits I got a bunch of em. I only use two but have some stashed and gave some away to family. They really are nice mods but a bit "boxy". Not the most comfortable things to hold but I don't even think about it anymore. They fire really fast and supposedly do an okay job with TC. But I don't bother with any of that. I'm a wattage vaper all the way.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
When 8vape had those sales for 20 dollar Nova kits I got a bunch of em. I only use two but have some stashed and gave some away to family. They really are nice mods but a bit "boxy". Not the most comfortable things to hold but I don't even think about it anymore. They fire really fast and supposedly do an okay job with TC. But I don't bother with any of that. I'm a wattage vaper all the way.
I already have mods i use 4 tc. Theyd b great back ups 4 the wife n myself(though i gues i already have mote back ups than i can recall). Also just stocking up on anything worth wile b4 may 11th.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Nova was a good pickup for me too. I only got one, but it's in use right now. I'm using it to test that Kylin M actually.

I don't really mind the boxiness, but I see how some might. Not my favorite mod for hand feel, but I don't mind it. Excellent performer and for 20 bucks for the kit, practically a no brainer.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't understand. The TC in my Legend works fine. :confused:

Haven't tried it on the Nova yet, but I will shortly if I can remember which tanks have SS coils in them. o_O

I'm just all kinds of confused this evening.

ETA: Well, I just tried it. Noisy as hell but it works. TC on the Detonator is much nicer.
If I may respectfully ask. What other mods have you tired TC with? I found the TC on the AL to be rather inaccurate and inconsistent. Too hot, too cool, "hesitating" during a pull.

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
A few silly little things from the slow boat arrived today. Little mech squonk which is well, made cheap as hell, BUT it was only $14 and came with the Hadaly. A Rabies RDA and a Baal. Rabies puts out really nice flavor. The deck reminds me a little of the Peerless RDA which I have 2 of, as I really like them.

IMG_20190819_201548562.jpg

Last edited:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
View attachment 144605
My first new toys in a long time. The Nautilus AIO in blue. Pod that uses nautilus coils. Can’t go wrong there. Vapes just like the tank and much more portable. Battery lasts all day. Love it!
Aaaand I did something I don’t usually do. I jumped on the hype train and got a pasito with the rba deck. I’m using the 1.4 mtl coil in it for now. My old eyes are just too tired to build on that little deck right now. So far I like the stock coil. Airflow adjustment works well and the manual wattages is a nice touch also. Seems like a pretty good mod.

Carpe Nidor

That’s cool that it uses Nautilus coils. I figured pod coils would be tiny, which is why I’ve never gotten one. Looks nice, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
This week I’ll be getting the Vandy Vape Jackaroo in the mail, which I caved and bought today. It takes 18650 and 2*700 batteries, and is nicer than an Aegis but an indestructible beast, too.
Plus I splurged on juice, since I’m not buying from Om this sale. Faulty logic, yes. But it was Breazy, and they hang out on VU sometimes. And they’re a great store.
And this means no more vape gear shopping for a while. But it’s still less than I would be paying to smoke!

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
The Nova was a good pickup for me too. I only got one, but it's in use right now. I'm using it to test that Kylin M actually.

I don't really mind the boxiness, but I see how some might. Not my favorite mod for hand feel, but I don't mind it. Excellent performer and for 20 bucks for the kit, practically a no brainer.
I dont mind the boxy shape. I rock hohm wreckers and they are all boxy...lol

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice vape mail day!
All from trades here on VU :)

Wismec Reuleaux RX Gen 3 300 watt with a Stacked RTA and a Chi You 30mm 26650 mech from @bx10r
54139a8c4bf934605eb365a989c6c0cd.jpg

b4ccb23b766810ec9b90e9489076f247.jpg

A Mechlyfe Arcless with a Slatra mesh RDA from @TallPines
3fa2d92b0c0c83d1105cce28a6f3dc13.jpg

And a nice gift from @TallPines
8a05c588859654d1d44ce354d3e5e778.jpg

So how do you like the Arcless and Slatra? Difficult to build and wick?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Two Detonators and a Voopoo VMate

I wonder if you are experiencing that because you have watts or temp a lot higher than I do. I don't recall now what my Legend's settings are, but since I did the firmware upgrade, I haven't experienced what you have.

ETA: I do have some mods that do absolutely shitty TC, like the iStick 100W TC. Not sure if I've ever tried it on either of the Picos (do Picos even have TC?). Found that all the Joyetechs I have do not support SS. Smok G80, little cheapo thing, nope. Supposedly has TC but not for me it doesn't. So I have tried various mods and really had the best luck with the Voopoo VMate until I got the two Detonators. But I haven't noticed any fluctuation on the Legend as long as I have my temp setting high enough in relation to the wattage setting.

Last edited:

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
So how do you like the Arcless and Slatra? Difficult to build and wick?
I love them, I have two of each.
They hit hard and fast and the flavor is great, I would put the flavor on par with the Profile.
But...
Maybe it's because I'm old but I have a harder time putting the mesh in on these than any RDA I have!

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love them, I have two of each.
They hit hard and fast and the flavor is great, I would put the flavor on par with the Profile.
But...
Maybe it's because I'm old but I have a harder time putting the mesh in on these than any RDA I have!

Thanks. I looked at one in the local B&M and tried to imagine building on it; I can see where it might be challenging. But if you youngin's can do it, I probably can too. :kickbutt:

So it looks like the replacement mesh packs come in Kanthal at 0.13 and 0.26 and Ni80 at 0.13 and 0.22. Since the RDA is dual coil, I'm not sure why they sell the lower ohm sheets. What comes in the RDA?

It will be interesting to see what build options there are for dual mesh with the stacking section added.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Thanks. I looked at one in the local B&M and tried to imagine building on it; I can see where it might be challenging. But if you youngin's can do it, I probably can too. :kickbutt:

So it looks like the replacement mesh packs come in Kanthal at 0.13 and 0.26 and Ni80 at 0.13 and 0.22. Since the RDA is dual coil, I'm not sure why they sell the lower ohm sheets. What comes in the RDA?

It will be interesting to see what build options there are for dual mesh with the stacking section added.
Mine came with a set of Kanthal 0.26 ohm and a set of Ni 80 0.22 ohm, nothing installed.
I have tried several different mesh RDAs in a mech mod and haven't had good luck, but this one seems to work really well as a dripper.
Mine came with a solid 510 pin installed and a BF 510 in the parts bag,
Like I said I have 2 Mechlyfe Arclesses, I am running the Slatra on one and the other I am running a standard dual could RDA.
The other Slatra I put the BF 510 pin in and I am running it on a DotSquonk and it's also an awesome squonk RDA.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Two Detonators and a Voopoo VMate
I don't have experience with Squid or Voopoo mods. Obviously, I was wondering what you were comparing the AL to for TC.

Don't get me wrong. I love the Aegis Legend. I have just not found it to be that good for TC. Honestly, I only ever played around with it once, but I have other mods that do really good TC and the AL is a fine performer in power mode, so I just always used it that way afterwards.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Bluenatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Though a little late posting, I recieved on Monday, my latest vape mail. A MCM Underground SQK. This thing hits crazy hard and is a beauty on the eyes. Thanks marter for the latest mod to join my collection. It's already one of my favorites! I've had a great week for new gear

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I have been putting the pasito through it’s paces for the past couple of days and I have to say that I like it. The stock 1.4 mtl coil performs well and has very good flavor. I built the rba tonight with a 2mm 26g kanthal coil coming in at .7 ohms. It was a little difficult to build on. Not as bad as some reviewers were making it out to be in my opinion but definitely not for the beginner. I do believe that the flavor from the rba is even better than the stock coils. I think that I will be purchasing another one in the near future.

Carpe Nidor

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
That’s cool that it uses Nautilus coils. I figured pod coils would be tiny, which is why I’ve never gotten one. Looks nice, though.

If you are a fan of the nautilus coils and tanks then I would say that the aio is definitely worth getting. My only complaint is that there is only one hole for the fill port and it’s positioned so that you have to use a needle bottle to fill the pod.

Carpe Nidor

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors