nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Has anyone ever heard of a "Doc" RDA? I just got one today, stainless with a gorgeous ultem drip tip, dual coil, not a squonker. I put a couple of 4mm N80 fused Claptons in it and it's pretty nice. I really need to take the coils out and remove a wrap or two - ohms for the two coils are at 0.45 right now and I'd like it a little lower - but it is really good looking and has very good flavor. I like the airflow control on it, too. It can go from very airy to fairly restricted, and adjustments are very easy to make.

ETA: Removed a wrap, now at 0.36, much much better!

Last edited:

Bluenatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Today 2 Crea mech squonks from ivapesupply arrived. Fantastic price and constant updates. Great company, I recommend them if there is something they have that suits your fancy. Wish I could post pics but I don't have access to apps until I get a new phone (hopefully soon). I'm putting them in my fda stash that will be growing until we figure out our situation due to the corrupt people trying to make decisions for us:cuss2:

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Vape Mail today. Couple of very nice Wismec Machina mods from @gadget! a couple of flavors to try from Liquid Barn and my little replacement Tesla Punk mod! Some of you know my daughter snagged my first one from me. ( she was a doll and bought me this one )

Note: The Cherry Blossom Tea tastes just like cherry cough syrup so don't do it! lol I will let it sit for a few weeks to see if that changes but I doubt it.

IMG_20190906_165056280.jpg

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Vape Mail today. Couple of very nice Wismec Machina mods from @gadget! a couple of flavors to try from Liquid Barn and my little replacement Tesla Punk mod! Some of you know my daughter snagged my first one from me. ( she was a doll and bought me this one )

Note: The Cherry Blossom Tea tastes just like cherry cough syrup so don't do it! lol I will let it sit for a few weeks to see if that changes but I doubt it.

View attachment 145651
that is so cute!

Edit: they’re all so cute! I was on my phone & it only displayed the 1st Wismec Machina :D

c.diehl

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 145651
Their blue razz is really good and the vanilla ice cream

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yay! Finally got my swell mod in the mail today so finally some vapemail to share lol. Ordered almost 2mo ago. Worth the wait though and so far I'm liking it. With a few niggles.

So first issue I ran into, temp control. I hate when mod companies decide to do temp control and offer tcr but make up their own tcr that makes no sense. Instead of using .00092 for stainless 316L or some variation of it (092, 0092 etc) vaporesso had the bright idea to call it '100'. What the hell? Ok then. Vandy does similar and from what I could gather, took after voopoo on this one. SS starting tcr was set to '1100' from the factory. Well that doesn't line up with anything, even .0110 or .00110 because 316L is .00092. I tried 0920, that didn't jive either. It made the vape even weaker. Finally bumped it to around 1350 and it's working better. Not perfect but smooth and consistent so works well enough for me.

I was initially worried since one review said something about it having a 40w cap in tc mode no matter what the wattage was set to. Being I generally vape my current build at 60-65w, 40w wouldn't cut it. Ramp up would suuuuck. To make sure I put it in wattage and set it to 40w, as I thought it was anemic. Tc is pushing a much warmer vape so I know it can't be 40w limited and it's not lagging with ramp up. Ok one hurdle down.

Not that I plan to use it a whole lot, but I wanted to test the app. I couldn't find a link but knew it was in the play store as 'vandy vape' so searched for it and found it, downloaded it. Open the app up and it says 'sign up' or 'login'. Well I didn't have an account, so I clicked sign up. It asked for my name, my email and 'code'. Code? What the fuck code does it want? 15min of playing columbo, trying different things I worked out the code was numerical and 8 digits. I tried the qr codes on the box, one sent me to an authenticity verification (authentic, that's good). The other to their instagram. Nope, that wasn't it. Finally realized the s/n on the back of the box is 8 digits. It took the code and sent me to the next page, enter my birthdate. Spinnnn the wheel of mystery and get that all done. Choose a password, okie dokes. Click the 'do you agree' blah blah. Click 'done'.. error 'account unregistered!'. No shit, that's what I'm trying to do dammit. Error, error. Gave it a bit and tried later, success! Didn't do anything different but it decided to work. The settings adjustments work, the mod paired up no problem to the phone, the alarm and light work when locating the mod. Cool.

Now my gripe is this. I'm not a wiz with phones but I'm not a total tech idiot either. I build my own pc's, install software, am my own tech support. I've got a good grasp on most things tech. I looked at Tony B's vid, he showed off installing the app - but then autofilled his data and boom, he logged in. Other people showed the function of the app on YT vids. The instruction manual has no mention of it but they did include a pamphlet outlining all the different controls - once you're IN the app. The vandy website has zip for info that I could find anywhere. No place did I find any instructions on how the hell step by step to install the app and successfully log in as a new customer as just about everyone getting this mod will need to do if they wish to use the app. A little hint like 'so hey when it asks for "code" the number they're looking for is this and it can be found here'. Would've been super helpful and a huge miss on Vandy's part imo.

That's like putting up a link to bittorrent and no further instructions. Not explaining what the hell a peer or a seed is, no explanation of what a magnet link is, how to manage tracker lists or anything else. People get it, open it up and it does nothing like a virtual paperweight. A simple step by step assuming the person has never used an app before would've been golden, walking the user through their setup process. Or maybe even tell people "S/N" instead of some ambiguous 'code'.

Anyway, rant aside and frustration crisis averted, good little mod. Doors have absolutely no play, screen is small but clear as hell and easy to read, menu's intuitive and all features seem to be working so far. The texture is nice, noticeable but subdued enough that it's smooth and comfortable to hold. Puff counter works, puff duration is maintained after vaping so you can see it and actually read it (if trying to do comparisons or monitor it) vs mods where data disappears the minute you let off the fire button. Lightweight, with batteries and rta it feels about the same weight as the ipv eclipse empty, mod only. The textured lines inside the 'chips' aren't as obvious to the naked eye, the flash on my camera caught them and really highlighted it. The panels are the same shade as the frame with just a faint shine like semi-gloss/matte.

swell with manta rta 9-6-19.jpg

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yay! Finally got my swell mod in the mail today so finally some vapemail to share lol. Ordered almost 2mo ago. Worth the wait though and so far I'm liking it. With a few niggles.

So first issue I ran into, temp control. I hate when mod companies decide to do temp control and offer tcr but make up their own tcr that makes no sense. Instead of using .00092 for stainless 316L or some variation of it (092, 0092 etc) vaporesso had the bright idea to call it '100'. What the hell? Ok then. Vandy does similar and from what I could gather, took after voopoo on this one. SS starting tcr was set to '1100' from the factory. Well that doesn't line up with anything, even .0110 or .00110 because 316L is .00092. I tried 0920, that didn't jive either. It made the vape even weaker. Finally bumped it to around 1350 and it's working better. Not perfect but smooth and consistent so works well enough for me.

I was initially worried since one review said something about it having a 40w cap in tc mode no matter what the wattage was set to. Being I generally vape my current build at 60-65w, 40w wouldn't cut it. Ramp up would suuuuck. To make sure I put it in wattage and set it to 40w, as I thought it was anemic. Tc is pushing a much warmer vape so I know it can't be 40w limited and it's not lagging with ramp up. Ok one hurdle down.

Not that I plan to use it a whole lot, but I wanted to test the app. I couldn't find a link but knew it was in the play store as 'vandy vape' so searched for it and found it, downloaded it. Open the app up and it says 'sign up' or 'login'. Well I didn't have an account, so I clicked sign up. It asked for my name, my email and 'code'. Code? What the fuck code does it want? 15min of playing columbo, trying different things I worked out the code was numerical and 8 digits. I tried the qr codes on the box, one sent me to an authenticity verification (authentic, that's good). The other to their instagram. Nope, that wasn't it. Finally realized the s/n on the back of the box is 8 digits. It took the code and sent me to the next page, enter my birthdate. Spinnnn the wheel of mystery and get that all done. Choose a password, okie dokes. Click the 'do you agree' blah blah. Click 'done'.. error 'account unregistered!'. No shit, that's what I'm trying to do dammit. Error, error. Gave it a bit and tried later, success! Didn't do anything different but it decided to work. The settings adjustments work, the mod paired up no problem to the phone, the alarm and light work when locating the mod. Cool.

Now my gripe is this. I'm not a wiz with phones but I'm not a total tech idiot either. I build my own pc's, install software, am my own tech support. I've got a good grasp on most things tech. I looked at Tony B's vid, he showed off installing the app - but then autofilled his data and boom, he logged in. Other people showed the function of the app on YT vids. The instruction manual has no mention of it but they did include a pamphlet outlining all the different controls - once you're IN the app. The vandy website has zip for info that I could find anywhere. No place did I find any instructions on how the hell step by step to install the app and successfully log in as a new customer as just about everyone getting this mod will need to do if they wish to use the app. A little hint like 'so hey when it asks for "code" the number they're looking for is this and it can be found here'. Would've been super helpful and a huge miss on Vandy's part imo.

That's like putting up a link to bittorrent and no further instructions. Not explaining what the hell a peer or a seed is, no explanation of what a magnet link is, how to manage tracker lists or anything else. People get it, open it up and it does nothing like a virtual paperweight. A simple step by step assuming the person has never used an app before would've been golden, walking the user through their setup process. Or maybe even tell people "S/N" instead of some ambiguous 'code'.

Anyway, rant aside and frustration crisis averted, good little mod. Doors have absolutely no play, screen is small but clear as hell and easy to read, menu's intuitive and all features seem to be working so far. The texture is nice, noticeable but subdued enough that it's smooth and comfortable to hold. Puff counter works, puff duration is maintained after vaping so you can see it and actually read it (if trying to do comparisons or monitor it) vs mods where data disappears the minute you let off the fire button. Lightweight, with batteries and rta it feels about the same weight as the ipv eclipse empty, mod only. The textured lines inside the 'chips' aren't as obvious to the naked eye, the flash on my camera caught them and really highlighted it. The panels are the same shade as the frame with just a faint shine like semi-gloss/matte.

View attachment 145665

This is a good review! It looks really cool, as well. Glad you got the app set up finally. Enjoy, it’s very nice looking!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is a good review! It looks really cool, as well. Glad you got the app set up finally. Enjoy, it’s very nice looking!

Thanks. Yea it's a nice mod and I'm enjoying it. Fairly simple, I mean it has plenty of functions. Nice too that modes not needed can be shut off or turned back on. So if you're about wattage mode or voltage mode and don't use tc or bypass at all, you can shut those off and it can't accidentally switch to those or have to scroll past them. The interface is clean and simple, looks like they focused on function without awkward gimmicks.

I rarely have my phone in my hand so things like the loss prevention I doubt I'd use much. The app may be a little gimmicky, seems to work once it's set up. One perk I can see, it's like yea sure why dink with using a phone to adjust a mod you're holding. If skipping through the modes or adjusting it, seeing the smaller screen is a pain for people with less than perfect eyes it may come in handy. Blows the display up to the size of the phone screen including battery life. And when sitting within arm's reach of the mod at least, it's really responsive. No major lag over blutooth, as you bump wattage up/down on the phone you can see it changing on the mod in realtime. I hate when stuff is laggy. Plus the whole water resistant bit, not that I'm keen to dunk my mod. But there have been times I'm outside or in the garden, it starts to lightly rain and I'm like crap, my mod! lol.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I’m using an iJoy Katana now that keeps not responding when I’m pressing the button. So annoying, I’m trying to take a hit and it’s like...nothing! So I see why ramp up time is important now.
I think it will go back in the draw where it was living before I took it out again yesterday. Now I know why I hated it!
I saw ads for the Swell and thought it looked really cool. But I figured I really didn’t need another mod! Trying to be thrifty and all. And then I read threads like this. lol
Have a good Saturday today. I’ve got to recharge my pad batteries before it conks out!

Edit: This was in response to Synphul’s post. ^^^^^

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some nicotine from my freedom smokes.
74560c30d8f2fbaf42fd03255512fa45.jpg

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
First vape mail for quite some time... But I have a HUGE box coming in from the GSFA auction this week.
Got the Moti for $1, figured what the heck.

20190903_114349.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First vape mail for quite some time... But I have a HUGE box coming in from the GSFA auction this week.
Got the Moti for $1, figured what the heck.

View attachment 145672
I watched the auction for a while. Didn't like the fact I had to have a higgy cigs account to bid. But I figure it's easier for billing purposes. Hope you scored well at the auction

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I watched the auction for a while. Didn't like the fact I had to have a higgy cigs account to bid. But I figure it's easier for billing purposes. Hope you scored well at the auction
The main purpose of the HiggyCigs account is for age verification and payment processing.

I did score well... TOO WELL! I had to divide my payment into 2. The box coming is the first of the two.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
The last of my Labor Day orders arrived today from 8 Vape...:vapemail:
Put on a Serpent Elevate SMM RTA as it's unlikely I'll use the sub ohm tank it came with. Just couldn't pass it up for under $20 bucks.

View attachment 145693

Very nice, BB. The little ceramic Harley thing is really cute, too!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Could you explain this buying to my hubs, please? :giggle:

Oh hell yeah, put him on.

Hello Mr. Rhianne. How much do smokes cost in your area? Dafuq? You serious? Well your wife just saved you money! Oh sure, you're welcome. And when you're ready, we're here for you, too, no pressure. Double savings! :popcorn:

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Oh hell yeah, put him on.

Hello Mr. Rhianne. How much do smokes cost in your area? Dafuq? You serious? Well your wife just saved you money! Oh sure, you're welcome. And when you're ready, we're here for you, too, no pressure. Double savings! :popcorn:

yeah. a few weeks ago, my wife was looking at my collection, she said thats insane. i thought about it, and later i said " your "thing", basicly 0 hardware and the comsumable is very pricy. my "thing", kinda pricy hardware, but almost free consumable.
in the end, i have shit to show for it, and you have NOTHING "

Nuff Said.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
yeah. a few weeks ago, my wife was looking at my collection, she said thats insane. i thought about it, and later i said " your "thing", basicly 0 hardware and the comsumable is very pricy. my "thing", kinda pricy hardware, but almost free consumable.
in the end, i have shit to show for it, and you have NOTHING "

Nuff Said.

Ouch! :giggle: You win!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I saw that Athena, but it didn’t have a screen. So I figure it’s an unregulated mod. It was so cheap, though!!

Yes, it's unregulated.

A nice regulated squonker is a Desire Cut. They show up every now and then in the hardware thread, and sometimes you can find good deals on them in online shops. A lot of us have them and they have held up well, look nice, can use a variety of battery sizes.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
I don't know about this outfit, have never ordered from them, but just saw that vapesourcing.com has the PSO Cut on clearance for $19.99.

Anybody have experience with orders from vapesourcing.com?
I've ordered from them a couple of times and never had an issue.
I don't remember how long it took but I'm thinking it was about like most anything else from China.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Yes, it's unregulated.

A nice regulated squonker is a Desire Cut. They show up every now and then in the hardware thread, and sometimes you can find good deals on them in online shops. A lot of us have them and they have held up well, look nice, can use a variety of battery sizes.

I think that is the squonk mod Mr Meowgi PIF to Rhianne
He gave her the purple Desire Cut I believe.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes, it's unregulated.

Indeed my dear friend @SnapDragon NY sent me hers :inlove::inlove::inlove:

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors