The paint job on my IPV mini is hammered

Jasen

Member For 5 Years
So I dressed it up

IMG_20150524_200209623.jpg

Jasen

Member For 5 Years
Thanx, Whiskey,
Thought I'd do something a little different this time. Took me a few hours to carve this out of a rock I found in the woods...lol

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seriously though, it looks great , I like that you left the button side with what looks like a wood finish.

Jasen

Member For 5 Years
The button face if wood grain, it's the same wrap I did on my Istick. The 3M vinyl is really nice, the wood has a wood grain texture, the granite a stone type texture, so there not so slick to hold on to.
IMG_20141114_221631185.jpg

LuTang

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
nice work on the IPV. i've got the wood grain going on with my istick50 and LG G3 phone. they work great as a scratch deterrent.

chuckpie85

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Did you use a template for the ipv mini skin or did you freehand it? I've been looking for a template with no luck any help would be appreciated

Jasen

Member For 5 Years
I cut the wrap a little a little big, stuck it on and then followed the profile with a utility knife holding the blade at about 45* so I could cut it back from the edge a little bit so hopefully it so 't get caught on stuff and peel off in a week.

AshActually

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had the same issue. Removed the paint with some nail polish remover and knife and have a silver one now. Problem is some acetone got on the LCD and now its fogged up :l

VU Sponsors