Become a Patron!

The plastic in my tornado deck atomizer has melted wont work?

PedramCarter

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The little gold pin that goes through the deck, it has a little plastic ring which the gold pin goes through which I'm guessing separates the gold pin (postive and negative connection) and the silver part of the deck which in result doesn't even register the atomizer thinking it's not connected.
Can I fix this at home? I don't really want to buy another deck or atomizer?
Here is a picture, the plastic ring sits under the base
http://www.puffdade.com/shop/2092-tm_thickbox_default/tornado-t4-and-t6-spare-decks-by-ijoy.jpg
and the gold pin goes through it.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The little gold pin that goes through the deck, it has a little plastic ring which the gold pin goes through which I'm guessing separates the gold pin (postive and negative connection) and the silver part of the deck which in result doesn't even register the atomizer thinking it's not connected.
Can I fix this at home? I don't really want to buy another deck or atomizer?
Here is a picture, the plastic ring sits under the base
http://www.puffdade.com/shop/2092-tm_thickbox_default/tornado-t4-and-t6-spare-decks-by-ijoy.jpg
and the gold pin goes through it.
that is correct. without your insulator (the plastic ring) you are shorting out your build. regulated mods shouldn't fire that. a mech would cause an explosion.
you could try and find the plastic ring. maybe try contacting ijoy and see if they can sell you one. it's called a PEEK insulator

PedramCarter

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
that is correct. without your insulator (the plastic ring) you are shorting out your build. regulated mods shouldn't fire that. a mech would cause an explosion.
you could try and find the plastic ring. maybe try contacting ijoy and see if they can sell you one. it's called a PEEK insulator
Hi i fixed it by rapping plastic coating from a wire.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ooof! Seems like a bad idea. I have had a few bad ideas, so trust me, I know one when I see one. Not a fix I would trust. Especially if you melted the peek insulator.

Why would you think a half-assed fix will fare better than the appropriate part that you burned out? If this doesn't burn out, buy a lottery ticket. If it does burn out, and your mod safety features glitch, enjoy your new face.

Please, do as @SirRichardRear suggested and use the appropriate part.

Dangerous as shit otherwise.
$30 for a new atty
$6 for a peek insulator
$0.30 for a foot of wire
$300,000 for facial reconstruction surgery.
Eating through a straw for months? Priceless.

Last edited:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ooof! Seems like a bad idea. I have had a few bad ideas, so trust me, I know one when I see one. Not a fix I would trust. Especially if you melted the peek insulator.

Why would you think a half-assed fix will fare better than the appropriate part that you burned out? If this doesn't burn out, buy a lottery ticket. If it does burn out, and your mod safety features glitch, enjoy your new face.

$30 for a new atty
$6 for a peek insulator
$0.30 for a foot of wire
Dude pissing off Darwin is never a good idea.. Man he is going to be PISSED!!
Jk but all bullshitting aside the off gassing of that wrap would be more of a concern IMHO.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dude pissing off Darwin is never a good idea.. Man he is going to be PISSED!!
Jk but all bullshitting aside the off gassing of that wrap would be more of a concern IMHO.

IDK about that being the biggest concern. Wire "wrappers", depending on the wire, are likely not made to stand up to the heat of a sextuple-coil atomizer running ungodly wattage. Like, what if this guy used speaker wire "wrapper?" Doubt that has a high heat resistance. Melt. Gassing fumes. BOOM!

The boom scares me the most. But the melting plastic probably is not recommended by the Surgeon General either. Either consequence, bad idea.

PedramCarter

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

$30 for a new atty
$6 for a peek insulator
$0.30 for a foot of wire
Hahaha, it wont burn i regularly regulate it. I forgot to mention that i made a stupid mistake to blast it without cotton buds to check for any heat spots. Left it too long, it didn't completely melt off it just went a little funny so i took it out. Its just temporary anyway until rx300 is released.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hahaha, it wont burn i regularly regulate it. I forgot to mention that i made a stupid mistake to blast it without cotton buds to check for any heat spots. Left it too long, it didn't completely melt off it just went a little funny so i took it out. Its just temporary anyway until rx300 is released.
I thought u broke the atty not the mod? Did the 510 on your mod break? And what mod? This sounds really dangerous.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

PedramCarter

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I thought u broke the atty not the mod? Did the 510 on your mod break? And what mod? This sounds really dangerous.

The mod sucks dick, in terms of functionality its great if it would work but the 510 is glued shit. Became loose so it would spin with the mod, then the plastic thread that had the 510 gold pin going through it (on the actual mod) would spin off while the atomizer was spinning, resulting in the actual mod gold pin to fall inside, so i would have to open it and twist it back in to the thread from the inside. In terms of regulation its very good and any small issue it will disconnect the atomiser resulting it to not register "no atomizer"there's 2 layers of plastic ring, one is inside the vent holes where air comes in to the atomizer and one on the actual deck, which the atomizer gold ping goes through both, the wire is rapped around the hold pin to keep it in place so it doesn't touch the deck that's all.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The mod sucks dick, in terms of functionality its great if it would work but the 510 is glued shit. Became loose so it would spin with the mod, then the plastic thread that had the 510 gold pin going through it (on the actual mod) would spin off while the atomizer was spinning, resulting in the actual mod gold pin to fall inside, so i would have to open it and twist it back in to the thread from the inside. In terms of regulation its very good and any small issue it will disconnect the atomiser resulting it to not register "no atomizer"there's 2 layers of plastic ring, one is inside the vent holes where air comes in to the atomizer and one on the actual deck, which the atomizer gold ping goes through both, the wire is rapped around the hold pin to keep it in place so it doesn't touch the deck that's all.
I wouldn't use that if I was you. Doesn't sound safe at all. What mod are u using?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
BTW i got smok koopor primus 300w
Yeah that one has 510 issues. I read u wanted an rx300. The rx mods have shitty 510 pins as well. I'd suggest getting a better built mod then that. Something with a proven track record of not breaking. The 3 mods I see that break the most are the rx the kooper primus and the cubiod

PedramCarter

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah that one has 510 issues. I read u wanted an rx300. The rx mods have shitty 510 pins as well. I'd suggest getting a better built mod then that. Something with a proven track record of not breaking. The 3 mods I see that break the most are the rx the kooper primus and the cubiod

Despite not being released yet, do you think it would/will suck (the 510)?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Despite not being released yet, do you think it would/will suck (the 510)?
Every rx has a crap 510 so far and no word on if the 300 will have a better one. Even their dna mod has a cheap 510 plus they use thin wiring in the mod so it gets hot. Overall wismec and joyetech quality is kinds poor. I try to stay away from their mods personally. A good solid mod that's cheap I got a month ago and love way more than I thought I would is the smoant Battlestar. I paid 31 bucks from mine and it's solid

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Ok, so you melted it by blasting it with too much wattage on your dry burn. Mistake, but it happens. This is not (totally) the problem for now. What is done is done there. Your PEEK melted.

Get a new PEEK for it. Only safe answer.

Still super confused. You modified the mod AND the atty?

VU Sponsors