Become a Patron!

The Profile wicking help...

Need some advice wicking The Profile RDA guys. I've had this RDA for about month now, and I still can't get the wicking amount right. I'm using a full strip of Cotton Bacon Prime, that I pull and fluff out, then i roll it back up and cut it in half. I get about a day of superior vaping out of it, then I end up getting dry hits. After getting a dry hit, I'll take a look at the cotton, and it not only looks wet, but completely saturated.
I've tried less cotton and more cotton, with about the same results. I love this RDA, but the dry hits after a day are pissing me off. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
That is odd.
What kind of coils are you using?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahh mesh...
All points of mesh must have cotton pressed well against it. Any spot without wet cotton against it will give dry hits.

or as Todd said "a dry hit from hell"

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I’ve never had a problem with the Profile wicking. I use rayon so maybe that has something to do with it. It’s said that cotton expands when wet and rayon shrinks. Maybe the cotton is expanding and choking your wick. Rayon is really cheap also which is nice with the inordinate amount of wicking needed.

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The profile is the mesh RDA that has a spring action ceramic bottom to keep the cotton against the mesh coil..
I actually tried it but didn't like it because my experience would be that it works great at first but as you continue to use it (as little as five puffs), one small section (could be even a few strands of cotton, doesn't get enough saturated and that section burns.

20181109_165434.jpg

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Try sticking a pin up through the squonk hole, open up the middle up the tampon a bit. I'm with the rooster on the rayon.

VU Sponsors