The question is WHICH XTAR charger?

Discussion in 'Chargers' started by RudeMechanical, Jun 24, 2017.

1. RudeMechanical

RudeMechanical New Member

Blog Posts:
    I'm thinking of getting a new charger to replace my 2 year old Nitecore i2. It still works fine, but I think I want to upgrade a bit.

So, I think I want to go with an XTAR because I have heard good things about the quality of their chargers. And I only need a two bay. I want a digital display because digital displays are cool.

Over on IMRBatteries.com I see several chargers that fit the bill and all are around the same price: the SV2, the VC2, the VC2 plus master, the VP1 and the VP2. As far as I can tell, they seem very similar.

My only charger experience has been "put 'em in and take 'em back out when the lights stop flashing" so I don't know a lot about the details of charger options. So any advice you could give or recommendations to help me choose would be greatly appreciated.

2. Shenzhen XTAR

Shenzhen XTAR Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Hi, sorry that I found the thread a bit late...The VC2 is designed user-friendly with a screen showing charging status, from which you can figure out the voltage and mAhs that have been charged into your batteries; the VC2 plus added a function of choosing charging currents(0.5A/1A, the bigger the charging current the faster it charges, but a slower charging speed ensures a longer battery lifespan) and a countdown function to show time remaining you need to fully charge your batteries; the MC2 is the most cost-effective choice which provides you with the simplies function of charging. You can choose according to your actual needs and what's left is to enjoy charging : )