Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
https://medium.com/@rssvc/the-real-reason-why-some-teens-are-choosing-vapes-fc2d80188a77

Looks like someone in the media had finally caught on to the idea that there is a damn good chance that high nic salt eliquid is habit forming to never smokers.

There was never a "teen vaping epidemic" problem in the US until nic salt hit the market.
There has never been a "teen vaping epidemic" problem in the UK

The only difference between the US and the UK is the UK has a 20mg/ml nic cap on all finished eliquid.

Do we really need 59mg/ml nic salt pods to vape?

I don't like the idea of giving an inch to these bureaucrats but the truth of the matter is most of these super high nicotine nic salt eliquids were NOT on the market by 08/08/2016 so they really aren't supposed be on the market to begin with.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i with vic on the whole suggestions on what to do.

c-store carry no more than 25mg pods and what not...
vape shops carry no more than 50

they both card and get serious fines or loss of legal sales permit for knowing selling to minors. if the store in good faith sold then the fine goes to mom and dad for there parenting.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i with vic on the whole suggestions on what to do.

c-store carry no more than 25mg pods and what not...
vape shops carry no more than 50

they both card and get serious fines or loss of legal sales permit for knowing selling to minors. if the store in good faith sold then the fine goes to mom and dad for there parenting.
I agree and disagree.

I'd say no more c-store sales. All vapes (pods too) through a legitimate vape shop. The part about the fines I agree. It may be easier to enforce on 10,000 vape shops than hundreds of thousands c-stores.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I agree and disagree.

I'd say no more c-store sales. All vapes (pods too) through a legitimate vape shop. The part about the fines I agree. It may be easier to enforce on 10,000 vape shops than hundreds of thousands c-stores.
there was more to vic idea but in essence it was about store and personal responsibility vs over reaching politics.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
It’s interesting that they mentioned that the nic salt in Juul is “artificial” nicotine, which suggests it’s not made from tobacco? Is that why all our vape gear is being labeled as tobacco products?

This article was spot on. Thanks for this, Sick. Good one!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
The messed up bit is that I started vaping again because my ciggie guy in his convenience store asked me if I “vapped”. I was trying to quit anyway, so I bought some Smok kits from him and juice.
He’s not happy I quit, and I can’t go in there because he’ll try to sell me Smok stuff which I don’t need or want.

VU Sponsors