We are gonna get hammered with snow tomorrow:eek:
images

(*Made ya look:D)

Last edited:

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
We've got an accident in SE WI involving approx. 18 semis and 30-40 cars, which has shut down the highway.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm *trying* to get over the flu, if it hasn't already turned into another sinus infection from hell... so, we're getting the coldest weather we've had ALL WINTER, right around and on payday, when I have to be out in it. Mother nature needs more than a bitchslap... she needs to be the party favor at a biker party! THEN bitchslapped!

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I hate weather like this, even though I never leave the house. My husband has to drive over an hour each way for work, and my older son has to drive a good distance, too, and he drives home at 10pm. :( I'm always terrified until they're both home safe, even on a good day, but it's so much worse in bad weather. Sometimes it feels like I can barely breathe until I know they're home.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I hate weather like this, even though I never leave the house. My husband has to drive over an hour each way for work, and my older son has to drive a good distance, too, and he drives home at 10pm. :( I'm always terrified until they're both home safe, even on a good day, but it's so much worse in bad weather. Sometimes it feels like I can barely breathe until I know they're home.

I remember that feeling well; we spent about 13 yrs living in a small town which was 24 miles from my husband's work... and during about 4 yrs of that time, he rode a motorcycle. :facepalm: Till the day he came home on crutches, with a broken foot, from crashing that motorcycle. When I saw the helmet, I nearly fainted: it was almost pulverized on one side.

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I remember that feeling well; we spent about 13 yrs living in a small town which was 24 miles from my husband's work... and during about 4 yrs of that time, he rode a motorcycle. :facepalm: Till the day he came home on crutches, with a broken foot, from crashing that motorcycle. When I saw the helmet, I nearly fainted: it was almost pulverized on one side.

Luckily, my husband has no intention of getting a motorcycle. :) And my son is too fat for one (and has such a bad sense of balance that he can't ride a bicycle). :giggle:

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We've got an accident in SE WI involving approx. 18 semis and 30-40 cars, which has shut down the highway.
Where? I'm in SE WI. Its horrible. Lucky I don't need to go anywhere. Work was trying to get me in..LOL Hubs is out there tho.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Luckily, my husband has no intention of getting a motorcycle. :) And my son is too fat for one (and has such a bad sense of balance that he can't ride a bicycle). :giggle:

With my son, it was swimming; he was so phobic of water, he never learned, till he joined the Navy and they MADE him. :giggle: But he shocked the hell out of me with a bike. He'd had a bike w/training wheels at my parents' for a while, but he put up a ruckus to bring it home, and then for his dad to remove the training wheels. I just shrugged; he was 6, so I figured if he wanted to deal with the skinned knees and such, he was old enough. The very same day they were removed, my husband comes and grabs me: "You gotta see this!" That boy was out there riding that bike like he was BORN to it. I was amazed, because he's a bit on the klutzy side like his dear ol mom. :giggle:

Andria

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Where? I'm in SE WI. Its horrible. Lucky I don't need to go anywhere. Work was trying to get me in..LOL Hubs is out there tho.
LOL just looked. Sheybogan and 41/60 about 4 miles from my house. The snow is deep here in Jackson. I suppose I need to fire up the snow blower

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
With my son, it was swimming; he was so phobic of water, he never learned, till he joined the Navy and they MADE him. :giggle: But he shocked the hell out of me with a bike. He'd had a bike w/training wheels at my parents' for a while, but he put up a ruckus to bring it home, and then for his dad to remove the training wheels. I just shrugged; he was 6, so I figured if he wanted to deal with the skinned knees and such, he was old enough. The very same day they were removed, my husband comes and grabs me: "You gotta see this!" That boy was out there riding that bike like he was BORN to it. I was amazed, because he's a bit on the klutzy side like his dear ol mom. :giggle:

Sounds like my younger son. That boy can trip while standing still, but can ride a bike like he came out of the uterus on one. Never had training wheels, just got on one and he was gone. :giggle:

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
LOL just looked. Sheybogan and 41/60 about 4 miles from my house. The snow is deep here in Jackson. I suppose I need to fire up the snow blower

I'm in Racine. Our snowblower is broken. My younger son was out there shoveling the sidewalk and driveway for about 4 hours. It'll have to be done again in a little while. Poor guy. Serves him right for not working harder to find a job. LOL

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I gave up on riding my motorcycle. I developed OCD and it was part of the problem. I enjoyed operating one and it was on the bucket list. I gave the cycle to hubs because he is getting older and needs to go to a smaller cycle.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm in Racine. Our snowblower is broken. My younger son was out there shoveling the sidewalk and driveway for about 4 hours. It'll have to be done again in a little while. Poor guy. Serves him right for not working harder to find a job. LOL
You guys getting hit with lake effect snow too? It looks like we have had about 12 inches of snow so far. IDK for real but its horrible. I pray my husbands safe return later on. It looks that bad for real. He is coming from Milwaukee.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You guys getting hit with lake effect snow too? It looks like we have had about 12 inches of snow so far. IDK for real but its horrible. I pray my husbands safe return later on. It looks that bad for real. He is coming from Milwaukee.

Yup, we get a LOT of lake effect, plus the way our house sits and our neighbor's fence causes a lot of swirl and buildup. The roads are pretty well cleared through Milwaukee, just a bit wet, according to my son. Milwaukee's pretty good about salting the roads. Racine, not so much. They tend to use sand instead of salt which doesn't help a whole lot. Idiots.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Andria
I'm klutzy as well. :p My mama used to call me "grace" lol. (And she wonders where I get my sarcasm from :teehee:) I can barely walk straight without coming up with some bruise or injury, though I'm lucky to have not broken a bone.... yet. If I am using regular skates when I go to a skating rink, I can barely move forward.... I look like an octopus trying to walk on its tippy tentacles :giggle:. Give me a pair of roller blades (inline skates) or an ice skating rink and a pair of ice skates and its au naturale! :crazy: I mean, when I was like 6 or 7, my cousin had a pair of roller blades and she let me try them. I put them on and took off like I'd been wearing them for years.... I was blown away. I have very weak ankles and fully expected to break one.... nope! If anything, it has strengthened my ankles. I can wear high heels without looking like a run way model gone wrong! :xD::giggle:

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm klutzy as well. :p My mama used to call me "grace" lol. (And she wonders where I get my sarcasm from :teehee:) I can barely walk straight without coming up with some bruise or injury, though I'm lucky to have not broken a bone.... yet. If I am using regular skates when I go to a skating rink, I can barely move forward.... I look like an octopus trying to walk on its tippy tentacles :giggle:. Give me a pair of roller blades (inline skates) or an ice skating rink and a pair of ice skates and its au naturale! :crazy: I mean, when I was like 6 or 7, my cousin had a pair of roller blades and she let me try them. I put them on and took off like I'd been wearing them for years.... I was blown away. I have very weak ankles and fully expected to break one.... nope! If anything, it has strengthened my ankles. I can wear high heels without looking like a run way model gone wrong! :xD::giggle:

I used to love roller skating, so I bought a pair of roller blades. Yeah...no. Bad idea. They've been in the basement since the first time I put them on and nearly tore my hoohah in half. :giggle::giggle:

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I used to love roller skating, so I bought a pair of roller blades. Yeah...no. Bad idea. They've been in the basement since the first time I put them on and nearly tore my hoohah in half. :giggle::giggle:
Some folks are great at roller skating and some are great at roller blading. LOL One time I was wearing a pair of outdoor blades and fell down on my mama's crooked ass concrete steps... I thought I had broke my ass.... took my breath away. :tantrum::giggle:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I really do think you and I are karmic sisters or something. My mother called me "grace" too. :D I can trip over my SHADOW, and forget walking across carpet on crepe-soled shoes. :giggle: I got a bone-bruise on both kneecaps a few yrs ago, walking across the living room (ceramic tile floors). About a month ago, I hit those knees again, this time in the bank parking lot chasing a check that the wind was trying to liberate. Shoulda heard me scream. I'm surprised someone in the bank didn't call 911.

Andria

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
14.5 inches so far. More snow tonight. I'm sick of snow! Two people died in Milwaukee of heart attacks due to snow event.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've been a little concerned about our current weather all day, but apparently, hopefully, it will stay far enough above freezing around the metro ATL area not to have a motherfucking freezing rain event -- it's raining, but the temp is about 36, and not supposed to get much lower thru the night. But extreme north GA... they're in for it.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Some folks are great at roller skating and some are great at roller blading. LOL One time I was wearing a pair of outdoor blades and fell down on my mama's crooked ass concrete steps... I thought I had broke my ass.... took my breath away. :tantrum::giggle:

I was ok at roller skating, and kinda almost-mediocre at ice skating, so I think I could probably get the hang of roller blades if I tried. But at my age... I think I'll pass. :giggle:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yup, we get a LOT of lake effect, plus the way our house sits and our neighbor's fence causes a lot of swirl and buildup. The roads are pretty well cleared through Milwaukee, just a bit wet, according to my son. Milwaukee's pretty good about salting the roads. Racine, not so much. They tend to use sand instead of salt which doesn't help a whole lot. Idiots.

I've been to Milwaukee in the winter. If you blunder off the shoveled paths, they won't find your body till about June.

Andria

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been to Milwaukee in the winter. If you blunder off the shoveled paths, they won't find your body till about June.

Andria
Hilarious! I miss my brief encounter with SE MO. The weather was nice. Gardening was awesome. Jobs were scarce.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hilarious! I miss my brief encounter with SE MO. The weather was nice. Gardening was awesome. Jobs were scarce.

Well, I'm a southerner, so when I was briefly in Denver, and 5 yrs in Michigan, between downriver Detroit and just south of Flint, I quite enjoyed the snow. But Milwaukee... eeegads. My ex was from there, that's why we were there, visiting his folks. I asked him once why he moved to Atlanta; he said, "Because I was tired of being up to my ass in snow!" I thought that was hyperbole... till I visited Milwaukee between xmas and new year's. :D

He lives in Phoenix now. :giggle:

Andria

kevin littell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
But the GOOD thing about Downtown Milwaukee in t6he dead of winter is: it gets just as much wind as Chicago and Just as cold a its hard for us Southerners to get more then 3 doorways outside without the serious need to Defrost.....And in Downtown Milwaukee every 3rd door is a bar! (I know you dont drink Andria but they also offer coffee hot tea and Hot Chocolate.)

I loved my time there in '81.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well, I'm a southerner, so when I was briefly in Denver, and 5 yrs in Michigan, between downriver Detroit and just south of Flint, I quite enjoyed the snow. But Milwaukee... eeegads. My ex was from there, that's why we were there, visiting his folks. I asked him once why he moved to Atlanta; he said, "Because I was tired of being up to my ass in snow!" I thought that was hyperbole... till I visited Milwaukee between xmas and new year's. :D

I'm from West Texas originally, then lived in Hawaii for over 15 years before moving to Wisconsin. Been here 24 years and have been sick of it for a VERY long time now. LOL

Lake effect snow + constant drifting and blowing from other houses = this (remember, this was all shoveled yesterday - you can't even see where hubby's car was parked overnight in front of the SUV). It's a bad time to be a bulldog with very short legs. :D :D :D

17309334_1448524385171922_6084371266937294977_n.jpg

17264775_1448524398505254_3387623336399961438_n.jpg

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Looks like it's finally done coming down for the day. The sun is even out.

17158907_1448568891834138_939819455079825421_o.jpg

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So true. I went to Springfield Mo numerous times each month (past decade) taking care of ailing parents. Back in 2008 on New Years Day KY3 announced they (Springfield) were expecting 1/4 inch of snow. LOL They told folks to stay in if they could. I took advantage of that day and went everywhere (the stores that were open) because my mom slept the whole day. It was fun being on the roads where folks were scared to drive. :)

VU Sponsors