Become a Patron!

The Ruinovo DNA30

laurie9300

Member For 5 Years
Presenting my first home made box! Authentic DNA30, 2 x 18650, micro USB Charging, Spring loaded 510.

First of all I have to thank all the Modders who came before me, without them sharing what they have learned this would not have been possible.

Special thanks to all the AVF Modders whose posts have been a continuing source of motivation and inspiration.

Here's a How-To for those that are interested....

Ruinovo DNA30 How-To Guide - DOWNLOAD - 4shared

Ruinovo DNA30 How-To Guide - DOWNLOAD - DocDroid (this one should work with no login)

Please feel free to comment, criticize, question, ask for more detail or anything in between....................

I hope you like.............................

AdamSenior

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Very cool man. I am in the process of building my first dna 30 mod I am just waiting on everything to come in the mail. Oh and btw for anyone who is looking for a real dna 30 chip they are back up on the evolv website.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
thanks-068.jpg

Very nice, thanks for sharing!

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That look awesome buddy. I'm guessing you put the batteries in parallel? And is so what did you use the standard evolv charging board?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Looks great!

Where is the "Gazunti" located?

The batteries need to get into it somehow after all!

laurie9300

Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the comments guys, they are appreciated. ....

That look awesome buddy. I'm guessing you put the batteries in parallel? And is so what did you use the standard evolv charging board?

Yes the batteries have to be in parallel as the DNA requires a 3.7V input voltage. I used the charge board that was included in the battery pack. It is equivalent to the evolv one.

Looks great!

Where is the "Gazunti" located?

The batteries need to get into it somehow after all!

I'm off to Google Gazunti? The batteries go in from the bottom, before the bottom plate is fitted. It's only 4 screws when they need replacing, but they should last me about a year. .....

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for the comments guys, they are appreciated. ....

Yes the batteries have to be in parallel as the DNA requires a 3.7V input voltage. I used the charge board that was included in the battery pack. It is equivalent to the evolv one.

I'm off to Google Gazunti? The batteries go in from the bottom, before the bottom plate is fitted. It's only 4 screws when they need replacing, but they should last me about a year. .....
So it still charges at .5 amps. That's a bummer. I've been wanting to to try a board that could charge at 1 amp so that way when the batteries are in parallel it wont take 10 hours to fully charge.

laurie9300

Member For 5 Years
So it still charges at .5 amps. That's a bummer. I've been wanting to to try a board that could charge at 1 amp so that way when the batteries are in parallel it wont take 10 hours to fully charge.
No sorry.....it's a 1 amp charge, by "equivalent" I meant "a direct replacement for".
It takes about 5 1/2 hours to charge from dead flat.......

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very cool. Looks like a lot of time and effort went into this. Very professional.

jmaulvapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I want one. That is much nicer looking the the Hana or the Shark. Good work!!!

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Very nice mod you have there. Nice quality craftsmanship you put into it. I'm thinking about doing one of these but curious if you happen to know the inside dimensions? I'm most curious if a SX350 board would fit on the same side you placed your fire switch with the display right below the switch.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

chris.ardito.3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Presenting my first home made box! Authentic DNA30, 2 x 18650, micro USB Charging, Spring loaded 510.

First of all I have to thank all the Modders who came before me, without them sharing what they have learned this would not have been possible.

Special thanks to all the AVF Modders whose posts have been a continuing source of motivation and inspiration.

Here's a How-To for those that are interested....

Ruinovo DNA30 How-To Guide - DOWNLOAD - 4shared

Ruinovo DNA30 How-To Guide - DOWNLOAD - DocDroid (this one should work with no login)

Please feel free to comment, criticize, question, ask for more detail or anything in between....................

I hope you like.............................

Awesome looking. How long did it take to build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

laurie9300

Member For 5 Years
Very nice mod you have there. Nice quality craftsmanship you put into it. I'm thinking about doing one of these but curious if you happen to know the inside dimensions? I'm most curious if a SX350 board would fit on the same side you placed your fire switch with the display right below the switch.

Thanks for the comments......

Sorry, SX is 20mm wide, it will not fit unless you jam it in on a strange angle, not a good look

laurie9300

Member For 5 Years
Awesome looking. How long did it take to build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks chris, this took me about 2 months to build, but I was doing it in my spare time. I guess if I was too build another, I could probably do it in 2 or 3 - 8hr days?

VU Sponsors