Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I sent out a bunch of Voidhawks batteries for people to test out and review, so far the people who tried the 14500 series, absolutely love them! Still waiting to see if @SMOKIE is going to try out the 18 and 26 series that I sent to him. I have one set of 18 and one set of 26's left. We will see if anyone else will try them out.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm a bit confused. On the spec sheet (atozvaporworld) it shows:

Rated constant discharge of 0.7A???
I hope that is a typo because there will be a fucking metric load of kaboonms in the 26650 flavor if they are .7 amp rated

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I hope that is a typo because there will be a fucking metric load of kaboonms in the 26650 flavor if they are .7 amp rated
which batteries had a .7 listed, i couldn't see that on any of the links.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
@NitroBex any info on this battery? if it pans out - its a keeper!

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
well thats not good....

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
I sent out a bunch of Voidhawks batteries for people to test out and review, so far the people who tried the 14500 series, absolutely love them! Still waiting to see if @SMOKIE is going to try out the 18 and 26 series that I sent to him. I have one set of 18 and one set of 26's left. We will see if anyone else will try them out.
A review will be posted in a few days but these are the best battery's to use for regulated mods with lasting longer then any other battery I have ever used in a regulated. The only draw back I see is the price so far until known better with other vendors carrying them and they can not be used with mec mods amps are too low.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Mr. SMokie!

Curious if the 50 amp is continuous. Seems a few brands have popped up lately claim they are 40amp, but in reality are 40 amp pulse and 20 amp continuous. If this is the case then this battery would be a 25amp 18650 rated for 50 amp pulse.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes they are defently a relabel er I looked at the site they have two 26650's that are IMR the rest are protected cells that will trip their protection in many devices I don't know why @SMOKIE is wasting his time :) but its his time

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

That's not a mistake, it's just not what you think it is!

The 'rated discharge' is the current used to come up with the capacity rating. So they discharged it at 0.2C (0.7A) until it got down to 2.5V, saw how long that took, and worked out the 4200mAh capacity rating from that. Nothing to do with the 'maximum continuous discharge current' (or however they might abbreviate that).

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's not a mistake, it's just not what you think it is!

The 'rated discharge' is the current used to come up with the capacity rating. So they discharged it at 0.2C (0.7A) until it got down to 2.5V, saw how long that took, and worked out the 4200mAh capacity rating from that. Nothing to do with the 'maximum continuous discharge current' (or however they might abbreviate that).
They are all protected cells useless for us as I mentioned the 26650's look great but they are relabeled from someone..

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They are all protected cells useless for us as I mentioned the 26650's look great but they are relabeled from someone..

Huh? Did you mean to quote me? I was commenting on the spec sheet for the IMR cell linked from the first post, simply explaining what the 'rated discharge' term means.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So by looking at the chart that only goes to 30amps it says it is doing 3500mah correct?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Celtic why would we use any of these protected cells? I do not see where any of their cells do not have a protection circuit so these may work fine in a 3-15 watt mod but they have a 7amp cutoff for protection so no good for anyone that uses any higher wattage device No DNA user can use them or any Mech user.. I see no advantage to these at all.. maybe you can explain your thoughts on why to take the time with these?

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They are working like champs so far in the variable volt devices, they have been lasting longer than any other battery they have used. I have stated over and over and over again, these are not for Mech users. Not for High Wattage devices, Not for Mechs. Many of the users here, still use Non turbo Non Ferrari models lol. These are for the lower wattage devices or devices with lower amp cut offs. SO far, I have gotten great responses to the batteries used in the reviews. The company is in the process of making the 10A batteries and possibly higher as well.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well guys I am a bit confused..I think its indeed a typo error on the fact sheet for these new Sony 26650 50 amp batteries..AtoZ vapor states they are for mechanical mods, as in the screenshot..I tried calling them but had to leave a voice mail for them to call me back..I just got done ordering two when I started reading all these posts ..if they are not safe for my mech mod I will cancel the order ASAP.. thx for all the info
af24e83e0f1d9fb685041154fd9e4de6.jpg

from Droid Maxx using Tapatalk

Zombiewoof

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Why would you worry, It's an Army!! and their pleased too boot! AND all their "in house mods" are running them".....BUT " please be careful and buy at you're own risk, all batteries could be potentially dangerous" well said, that part :)

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Zombie
I suddenly feel better. Lol

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well nobody actually has said anything about using these black KP 26650 batteries yet but I ordered two of them anyway..they got to be better than the MNKE I'm using now...I think they were good batteries when they were new but that's 8 mos ago now and I've been using those MNKE 's everyday..I needed new batteries anyway..hope these are better at 4200 mAh vs 3500 in the MNKE's

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well nobody actually has said anything about using these black KP 26650 batteries yet but I ordered two of them anyway..they got to be better than the MNKE I'm using now...I think they were good batteries when they were new but that's 8 mos ago now and I've been using those MNKE 's everyday..I needed new batteries anyway..hope these are better at 4200 mAh vs 3500 in the MNKE's

Update:
I got these KP 26650 batteries today and they don't fit any of my 26650 mods.
They are too long, actually being about 67-67.5mm..my mods use a pinless hybrid top cap with a protruding pin...after inserting a batt, the end cap (switch) would only screw in only about 3/4 of the way..tried to adjust the derlin to the point of auto firing, so that didn't help either...going to put them back in the box for now and decide later if I want to send them back to AtoZ vapor...I just wish when they print 26650 on the label they would indeed be 65mm long..I'm bummed
e1fab54361cf4dabfe3dc550b4339c9c.jpg
24cd30f8f159c7f79319580933d52679.jpg

pwnby

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
More on the KP 26650
9a764c3cc0863af8252ab5b2ec103d04.jpg

Does it bother anyone else that they can't spell pulse? Come on. At least proof read what you type.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is what the company printed lol..but I'm smart enough to figure out what they meant..

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why would I let a little typo bother me ?? Lol.. So no it does not bother me one little bit..shit happens

pwnby

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Eh, just seems unprofessional to me.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Chinglish. You only have to browse Alibaba for an endless supply. Of course if you're OCD it could be the end of you. :)

BornInBlood

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi folks,
I think i have the answer to this confusion.
The by far best local webshop for vaping batts in my country has listed them too, and this is a well respected vendor.
I bookmarked the link, and when i wanted to order them about 2 weeks ago, the link showed me a 20 amp instead of 50 amp.
The CS of that shop stated after some pushing them to an answer, that keeppower made the mistake, and advertised them wrong.
Personally i dont think this was a mistake, but this is very sad as keeppower was still a little better then these singfires, ect.
But i am sure we will see more 50 amp batts 2015!
-Nite

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Hit me up on PM, I'd be willing to put them to a vaping test.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Got all 8 pairs out already mr. Zam, sorry my friend. Results are in, they worked really well on VW mods that are 15w and under, Smokie even said they are the longest running batteries he has used on his VW mod. I had sent him 18650 and 26650 sizes, he reviewed the 18650s on a youtube video. Thanks again to Voidhawk for providing me with the batteries for our community to test out, they are good guys over there.

VU Sponsors