THE STATE OF VAPORJOE AND THE UNDERGROUND

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements' started by VaporJoe, Aug 9, 2019.

1. VaporJoe

VaporJoe >> BREAKS SHIT << Staff Member VU Owner VU Senior Leadership VU Senior Administrator Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor ECF Refugee Reddit Exile Vape Media Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    I just wanted to check in with you all. As the owner I can now finally talk about this to everyone.

For the last 2 years I have been dealing with a lot of medical issues. Some of you know that I spoke with privately and bits and pieces I talked about on Mod Envy. Most of it was kept from the Vaping Community until I had a real answer. There was a point where we were prepared for the worst. One of those "get your affairs in order" moments.

I had a massive leg trauma due to complications of liver disease I never knew about. Apparently its a genetic issue in my family. It caused something called Compartment Syndrome and my leg now has a scar that's over a foot long and 6 inches wide. (on a side note I now tell kids I was bitten by sharks) lol

I was in and out of hospitals for weeks and months at a time.

I had to lead a stress free and completely new lifestyle. I was in a lot of trouble. @TygerTyger made my health the priority and straight up told me I needed to follow her on this. I did just that. Many of you have seen the dramatic weight loss (almost 160lbs down now) and gross pictures of my leg before it healed.

I tried my hardest to keep this forum going, paid for, along with Vaporjoes, and Mod Envy - but I could only do so much in my state.

So.. after skin graphs, a bout with our friend MRSA, 5 surgeries, a wound pump, learning to walk again in rehab, and a possible liver transplant on the horizon - you just basically live in the hospital and anytime you leave its pretty much for an appointment with yet another doctor.

I can say now with great confidence my wife saved my life. I feel the best I have felt ever, blood tests are pretty much perfect and I never needed that transplant after all. The doctors are stunned to say the least.

This forum has the best mod team in the history of forums. For a solid 1 1/2 years you held this forum together when I was sick and Tyger wasn't around very much because she was taking care of me.

So I am back in the Captains chair again after a really annoying and unwanted hiatus.

You will start seeing promotions and we will be implementing some really neat stuff.

This is as relevant today as it was almost 6 years ago:

nadalama, Vape Fan, susieqz and 25 others like this.
  2. Slacker

Slacker New Member

Blog Posts:

3. Theboss

Theboss Silver Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    As someone who moved to this forum about 11 months ago from another one, I didn't know who you were or of your story.

It sounds like you're a strong person with an amazing support system in @TygerTyger. It's good to meet you on here and best wishes for continued good health!

Jimi, nadalama, Rhianne and 3 others like this.
  4. Slacker

Slacker New Member

Blog Posts:
    Damn-Welcome back home

Jimi, nadalama, Rhianne and 2 others like this.
  5. Theboss

Blog Posts:
    100% bang on about the mods on here! The mods are what made me leave ECF and it's like night and day when you start to interact over here. Yes that means you too @JuicyLucy, even when you're in a crusty mood
    :blowkiss:

Jimi, nadalama, DonBaldy and 10 others like this.
  6. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    :finger:

nadalama, Jimi, Rhianne and 13 others like this.
  7. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Mom and Dad are home! :bliss:

nadalama, susieqz, Jimi and 18 others like this.
  8. Theboss

Blog Posts:
    :love1:

Jimi, nadalama, Bigbob2322 and 5 others like this.
  9. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Hahahahaaaaa he said crusty!

I adore Lucy, you be nice. o_O

nadalama, susieqz, Jimi and 9 others like this.
  10. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Been peaking in my undies drawer - again

nadalama, Jimi, Bigbob2322 and 9 others like this.
  11. SteveS45

SteveS45 Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Wow, I remember the the Leg Pictures and talk of the Liver giving you problems but hadn't caught any FB posts after that. Sorry to hear about the Medical Hell you went through but really glad to hear you are now healthy. Have a drink on me~! (Iced Tea)

[​IMG]

nadalama, Jimi, Rhianne and 6 others like this.
  12. Countrypami

Countrypami The Link Ninja Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Vendor Employee VU Donator Platinum Contributor Reddit Exile VU Live Host Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Yay!!!!!! I can go on vacation now! :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle: Welcome back! Glad to hear that the health issues are better.

13. wildgypsy70

wildgypsy70 My son calls me "vape mom" VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Welcome home!:hug:

nadalama, Jimi, 2WhiteWolves and 2 others like this.
  14. TygerTyger

TygerTyger Official Lurker Staff Member VU Owner VU Senior Leadership VU Senior Administrator Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Bah! You're sweet to say so, but I know you..... you're too damned stubborn to succumb to the issues you had. You'll outlive us all subsisting on piss, vinegar and your unbending will to survive and thrive <3
    :tigercat:<3:vj:

TRUTH! I've long said we have the best staff in the history of Forums and I still stand by that statement. I'm grateful to EVERY member that has stepped up, given freely of their time, energy, knowledge and heart to support this project and keep it on the rails. You guys are the bomb-diggity.
    @VU Senior Moderator

Have I told you lately that I wuv u? :hearts::hearts::hearts:

15. Smoky Blue

Smoky Blue VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Proud of you both.. I am.. tried to keep up too..
    I float around these days..
    Miss our Smoky911 too.. and of course I see Tom every now and then.. just too busy..

big hugs around!! Happy to hear bigger better now! :)

Smoky

Jimi, nadalama, 2WhiteWolves and 2 others like this.
  16. Newtsche

Newtsche Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    God bless you and yours, Joe.

Jimi, nadalama and 2WhiteWolves like this.
  17. Bigrick

Bigrick Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    So glad to hear that your health has improvrd. VU and it's staff, mods and members have been a blessing to me. There is serious medical issues in my family (wife) right now and VU is my mental vacation-therapy session. God bless glad you are well. Thanks to all for keeping it together during the bosses absence. Peace and love.
    Big Rick

Jimi, nadalama, Rhianne and 4 others like this.
  18. ajvapes

ajvapes Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Those folks from the Great White North are very polite:devil:

Jimi, nadalama, Theboss and 3 others like this.
  19. ajvapes

ajvapes Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Good day for good news, . Welcome Back. :stars2:

Jimi, nadalama, Rhianne and 3 others like this.
  20. hellcatrydr

hellcatrydr Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Geez wotta nightmare. Glad you're on the mend papi! Thank God for Tyger.

Jimi, nadalama, 2WhiteWolves and 3 others like this.
  21. SpectoVia

SpectoVia Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    VU=fam

Blessings to you and yours

Jimi, nadalama, 2WhiteWolves and 2 others like this.
  22. jinx'd

jinx'd Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    being kinda new, I didn't know anything about this. but I will say : it SUCKS that you had these issue.
    but its GREAT that you kicked its ass ! keep-on-truck'n , man.

Jimi, nadalama and Rhianne like this.
  23. NGAHaze

NGAHaze Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Damn dude, I'll say this for you, you don't do anything half-assed do you, lol.

Seriously though, that's no small feat coming back from a liver that's determined to cause chaos ... respect!

I'm guessing the VU Boozapalooza is a no go this year though eh?

:D

nadalama, Jimi and DonBaldy like this.
  24. MyMagicMist

MyMagicMist Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Glad to hear you're doing worlds better. Didn't know the details of anything. Figured though there was good reason to not have seen ya'll around for such a while. Health issues genuinely bite @JuicyLucy 's crusty toe jam, although I'm sure if she's over in HI now, the lava rock and sands will keep her toe jam free. :)

nadalama and Jimi like this.
  25. gopher_byrd

gopher_byrd Cranky Old Fart VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    @VaporJoe, I'm glad you recovered from all that ailed you and back at the helm!

Jimi and nadalama like this.
  26. debinnv

debinnv VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    What a unpleasant ride you have had. It's wonderful and heart warming to hear of your success. @TygerTyger amazing gal that you obviously are. To keep him going ( and this forum) and get him to where he is now. It's no easy task, but we do it for love. I know this firsthand so big hugs to you! This forum has been so important to me ( I will go as far to say, saved my life ) and thank you both and to all the admins for keeping it going.

Welcome home!!! Love to you both..............

Jimi, nadalama, Theboss and 3 others like this.
  27. TygerTyger

TygerTyger Official Lurker Staff Member VU Owner VU Senior Leadership VU Senior Administrator Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Hi Sweetie!

I'm guessing from your reply that you have a lot of experience with such trials, and for that I'm sorry, but I hope things have improved.

I'm also delighted to have you here, and that this place has been a positive and helpful experience for you. Folks like YOU are why we visioned this, built it, and work so hard to maintain it. YOU make that all more than worth it. Thanks for being a valued member of our community @debinnv <3

Wish you all the best!

Tyger~

nadalama, Jimi, DonBaldy and 4 others like this.
  28. debinnv

debinnv VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Lil bit............bless you both and I am doing fine. Thanks :)

nadalama and Rhianne like this.
  29. Rhianne

Rhianne Gold Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Thank you both for starting this forum, and for keeping it going through hard times. I’m so grateful to have found VU, especially after trying the other place. This is absolutely the best vaping forum, and the people here have been nothing short of amazing.
    Joe, you’re pretty legendary as a vaper and I’m so glad you’re okay now. You both rock!

nadalama and Jimi like this.
  30. DonBaldy

DonBaldy Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Isn't this the truth. I've had the pleasure of meeting some wonderful people here. Not really sure how you could improve anything on this forum.

Glad to hear that you are on the mend. It's good that you have good support.

31. DonBaldy

DonBaldy Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    She is the example of what makes this forum so special. There's a few others also.

32. axelbeam

axelbeam Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Glad to hear everything is getting back on track guys been praying a lot for you all

33. WPMac

WPMac Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Greetings boss man! I'm just over a year here, I mostly contribute in the coilbuilding threads but I lurk all over the place. I was completely unaware that you even participated here ... and now I know why. I am glad to hear of your recovery and stepping back out into the community. This is such a wonderful place you and your friends have built. Hope to get to know you a little better. In the mean time, I can't wait to see what oyu have in store for us :D

Jimi, nadalama, Rhianne and 1 other person like this.
  34. donelsim

donelsim New Member

Blog Posts:
    Welcome back

Jimi and nadalama like this.
  35. Jimi

Jimi Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Glad to have you back my friend and to see your health improve, I too owe your wife @TygerTyger for giving me more life with her post TTAC, I will always be greatfull for that, bless you Tyger. We are all getting older so it's time to start eating right and stay healthy

nadalama and TygerTyger like this.
  36. susieqz

susieqz Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    hugzzz to you guys,

Jimi, nadalama and TygerTyger like this.
  37. nadalama

nadalama VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Wow, I cannot imagine coming up with the courage the two of you have had to summon over the past two years. So very pleased to hear of positive outcome and hope things continue to improve and life settles into a comfortable place.

I'm sure the two of you must have set the tone in VU and many of us are so very thankful for that. And you are so right, the staff here is second to none.

Thank you, bless you, and welcome home. :hug:

Jimi, Huckleberried and susieqz like this.