VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

I just wanted to check in with you all on a personal level.

For the last 2 years I have been dealing with a lot of medical issues. Some of you know that I spoke with privately and bits and pieces I talked about on Mod Envy. Most of it was kept from the Vaping Community until I had a real prognosis. There was a point where we were prepared for the worst. One of those "get your affairs in order" moments. This is why it took so long to come forward.

It started with a massive leg trauma due to complications of liver disease I never knew about. Apparently its a genetic issue in my family. It caused something called Compartment Syndrome and my leg now has a scar that's over a foot long and 6 inches wide. (on a side note I now tell kids I was bitten by sharks) lol​

I was in and out of hospitals for weeks and months at a time.

I had to lead a stress free and completely new lifestyle. I was in a lot of trouble. TygerTyger made my health the priority and straight up told me I needed to follow her on this. I did just that. Many of you have seen the dramatic weight loss (almost 160lbs down now) and gross pictures of my leg before it healed.​

I tried my hardest to keep this vu going, paid for, along with Vaporjoes, and Mod Envy - but I could only do so much in my state.

So.. after skin graphs, a bout with our friend MRSA, 5 surgeries, a wound vac, learning to walk again in rehab, and a liver transplant on the horizon - you just basically live in the hospital and anytime you leave its pretty much for an appointment with yet another doctor.

I can say now with great confidence my wife saved my life. I feel the best I have felt ever, blood tests are pretty much perfect and I never needed that transplant after all. The doctors are stunned to say the least.
Me and Tyger BEAT this! It was a fight with doctors because we don't always believe a pill fixes everything. Tyger put in the work and research!

This forum has the best mod team in the history of forums. For a solid 1 1/2 years you held the forum together when I was sick and Tyger wasn't around very much because she was taking care of me.
I am back in the Captains chair again after a really annoying and unwanted hiatus.​
READ MORE @ http://vapingunderground.com/threads/the-state-of-vaporjoe-and-the-underground.494691/

On a side note if anyone is currently using a wound vac or has to get one and or has liver issues. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you might have on the forum.

tJF4gVk0Mno

Click here to get more information on this deal....

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yikes! Wound vac's are miracles in wound healing. Sorry to hear about your medical issues. Sadly, I have liver issues (autoimmune liver disease). I can relate to the liver issues. Stay healthy!

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Awesome to hear that you are feeling better- wow you sure went thru hell and back- we are lucky that you are still with us!
Many hugs ,thoughts and prayers to you and Tyger !
:hug:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

I just wanted to check in with you all on a personal level.

For the last 2 years I have been dealing with a lot of medical issues. Some of you know that I spoke with privately and bits and pieces I talked about on Mod Envy. Most of it was kept from the Vaping Community until I had a real prognosis. There was a point where we were prepared for the worst. One of those "get your affairs in order" moments. This is why it took so long to come forward.

It started with a massive leg trauma due to complications of liver disease I never knew about. Apparently its a genetic issue in my family. It caused something called Compartment Syndrome and my leg now has a scar that's over a foot long and 6 inches wide. (on a side note I now tell kids I was bitten by sharks) lol​

I was in and out of hospitals for weeks and months at a time.

I had to lead a stress free and completely new lifestyle. I was in a lot of trouble. TygerTyger made my health the priority and straight up told me I needed to follow her on this. I did just that. Many of you have seen the dramatic weight loss (almost 160lbs down now) and gross pictures of my leg before it healed.​

I tried my hardest to keep this vu going, paid for, along with Vaporjoes, and Mod Envy - but I could only do so much in my state.

So.. after skin graphs, a bout with our friend MRSA, 5 surgeries, a wound vac, learning to walk again in rehab, and a liver transplant on the horizon - you just basically live in the hospital and anytime you leave its pretty much for an appointment with yet another doctor.

I can say now with great confidence my wife saved my life. I feel the best I have felt ever, blood tests are pretty much perfect and I never needed that transplant after all. The doctors are stunned to say the least.
Me and Tyger BEAT this! It was a fight with doctors because we don't always believe a pill fixes everything. Tyger put in the work and research!

This forum has the best mod team in the history of forums. For a solid 1 1/2 years you held the forum together when I was sick and Tyger wasn't around very much because she was taking care of me.
I am back in the Captains chair again after a really annoying and unwanted hiatus.​
READ MORE @ http://vapingunderground.com/threads/the-state-of-vaporjoe-and-the-underground.494691/

On a side note if anyone is currently using a wound vac or has to get one and or has liver issues. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you might have on the forum.

tJF4gVk0Mno

Click here to get more information on this deal....
Dude, so glad to see you back! And glad to see you come through trauma like that.

VU Sponsors