The TFV12 - Beast King!

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Well folks Smok are releasing the king-ding-a-ling, the TFV12 with their biggest pre-made coil that can go up to 350w... yep you read that right
For those who like making there own coils they are giving you a double or triple option RBA.
Don't expect this sucker to be a juice friendly it's gonna be a fog machine .....

http://www.smoktech.com/atomizer/tfv12

The blurb;

The beast tank has grown to be unprecedented strong and wild, with a 27mm chest, The newest TFV12 Sub ohm tank is coming with the ever biggest & cloud-chasing coil heads: the V12-T12 (Twelve Coils) and V12-X4(quadruple coils) and V12-Q4 (quadruple coils), which definitely makes it to be the cloud beast king for the year 2017, Innovation keeps changing the vaping experience!

Now although not out yet there is a short clip of it being vaped (no idea what coil is being used) but looks impressive on that Smok Marshal G320 mod box

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...lvBuM8&usg=AFQjCNFxVFN1t2nagmEBhQYDPh5BejhCEQ

So who's looking forward to trying it?

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They'll have a few more models before they change their numbering system
Like Windows, changing the naming scheme will confuse some, piss some off, and bring others in.
Based on the info they have provided, if it is all they claim it to be, it'll be a damn nice tank.
I'll have to add a few to my collection.

Why same post in two places though?
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/smok-tfv12-the-beast-king.300527/#post-1537688

rx7ven

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i just saw that today too. is the tfv12 just a bigger version of the tfv8 and with slightly larger air holes?

edit: i'm a little confused between the baby beast, big baby beast, tfv8 and the new tfv12. i dont have any but i plan to make a purchase in the coming weeks.
i had thought that the baby beast tank was just a smaller tfv8 but looks like im wrong?

Last edited:

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i just saw that today too. is the tfv12 just a bigger version of the tfv8 and with slightly larger air holes?

edit: i'm a little confused between the baby beast, big baby beast, tfv8 and the new tfv12. i dont have any but i plan to make a purchase in the coming weeks.
i had thought that the baby beast tank was just a smaller tfv8 but looks like im wrong?
Check here for that info:
http://www.smoktech.com/atomizer/tfv8-baby
Compares all three.
Baby Beast and Big Baby Beast share the same coils.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
They'll have a few more models before they change their numbering system
Like Windows, changing the naming scheme will confuse some, piss some off, and bring others in.
Based on the info they have provided, if it is all they claim it to be, it'll be a damn nice tank.
I'll have to add a few to my collection.

Why same post in two places though?
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/smok-tfv12-the-beast-king.300527/#post-1537688

Yeah that was my bad put it in the cloud chasers section then realised it should have been here any mods readings this feel free to dump one of them

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well folks Smok are releasing the king-ding-a-ling, the TFV12 with their biggest pre-made coil that can go up to 350w... yep you read that right
For those who like making there own coils they are giving you a double or triple option RBA.
Don't expect this sucker to be a juice friendly it's gonna be a fog machine .....

The blurb;

The beast tank has grown to be unprecedented strong and wild, with a 27mm chest, The newest TFV12 Sub ohm tank is coming with the ever biggest & cloud-chasing coil heads: the V12-T12 (Twelve Coils) and V12-X4(quadruple coils) and V12-Q4 (quadruple coils), which definitely makes it to be the cloud beast king for the year 2017, Innovation keeps changing the vaping experience!

Now although not out yet there is a short clip of it being vaped (no idea what coil is being used) but looks impressive on that Smok Marshal G320 mod box

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...lvBuM8&usg=AFQjCNFxVFN1t2nagmEBhQYDPh5BejhCEQ

of course they had to say it goes to 350 with the GX 350 coming out dear god I cannot imagine vaping at 350 watts but I would like to try it atleast once haha.. I just hope it has good flavor thats all I care about

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I know right only thing I can see is that they are running more coils for instance the VT-T12 look likes a six shooter hahah more coils to heat up more wattage needed? Dunno I never reached more than 200w on my TFV8 didn't like the taste to be honest waaaay to warm for me

Normally vape around 110-120w depending on the liquid flavour and coil

That 3 coil RBA looks cools though can just see 3 aliens now sitting on that bad boy

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know right only thing I can see is that they are running more coils for instance the VT-T12 look likes a six shooter hahah more coils to heat up more wattage needed? Dunno I never reached more than 200w on my TFV8 didn't like the taste to be honest waaaay to warm for me

Normally vape around 110-120w depending on the liquid flavour and coil

That 3 coil RBA looks cools though can just see 3 aliens now sitting on that bad boy
Everyone wants "More" the more mentality is very dangerous more coil heads creates needs for bigger mods more batteries more ejuice more cotton in the end its all methodical to get us to buy "More" to suit out primitive desires

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Yeah very true guess we just need to feed the "beast" or settle for that well I'm actually happy with what I've got mentality.... a lot just want to see what it's like I'm guessing

I remember talk like this about the TFV8 and when I first tried it was like a chimney quickly got used to it though and now I can't go back to my 4! Cause it's just meh ....

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Within a week of release we'll probably see an RX300 firmware taking it to 350W to coincide with the 350W upper limit of this tank. ;)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Within a week of release we'll probably see an RX300 firmware taking it to 350W to coincide with the 350W upper limit of this tank. ;)
maybe but its a Smok tank Smok has that covered with the up and coming GX 350

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Perhaps but they probably won't be able to reach 350 on that coil because it's going to be close to 0.1OHM and that's hitting outside of the "powerband" on these devices, i.e. they are current limited. If they made the 400W "power engine" box with a 1300Ah 4S lipo they could have a 120+ amp power limit so it could go down much lower (< 0.05OHM) and still reach rated power. 18650s aren't space efficient any more. Unless you don't mind walking around with a damn brick in your hand LMAO!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

The blurb;

Ha...was just thinking to myself. If someone would have mentioned something like this tank a couple years ago folks would tell um they need to see a psychologist.....:teehee:

No doubt they'll sell like hotcakes....:giggle:

I'll prolly buy a couple for the stockpile.....:popcorn:

I could reasonably assume buying the coils would probably put you in the poor house.

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes my TFV8 with T10 coils at 175W is nuts. The tank gets really hot too. Sucks juice like a four barrel. TFV12 will be like a Holley double pumper.
Even so, juice and coils are still a lot cheaper than CAM2, rubber and speeding tickets! :D

GKG2017

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It would take 4 18650 Batteries to hit 300w. Imagine the battery life you'd get.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Perhaps but they probably won't be able to reach 350 on that coil because it's going to be close to 0.1OHM and that's hitting outside of the "powerband" on these devices, i.e. they are current limited. If they made the 400W "power engine" box with a 1300Ah 4S lipo they could have a 120+ amp power limit so it could go down much lower (< 0.05OHM) and still reach rated power. 18650s aren't space efficient any more. Unless you don't mind walking around with a damn brick in your hand LMAO!
you sure you truly understand how Watts is computed on regulated devices?

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's the race to 500w. The 6 18650 mod will be here by the end of the year.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
The real race is towards 1.21GIgawatts I'm sure there is a flux capacitor recipe on here somewhere after vaping that you gonna be capable of time travelling lol

Urvapin

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
More coil heads and higher output watt, looks like becoming a trend of Vaping.

But we just need the right one for us. After all, not everyone need a tank like this one.

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It would take 4 18650 Batteries to hit 300w. Imagine the battery life you'd get.

4 18650 can do 400W under optimal conditions. 3 have no problem with 300W. And some mfr are pushing the envelope with 230W with just two!

Even so, don't expect those upper numbers to be achievable across the board. Not happening for reasons I explain below. (I quoted/replied in an edit to my original text which is below)

As far as battery life, yes if you vape in the normal "sane" range say 80W, for example, the battery life should be fantastic on a four cell device. Should be, you're carrying around a power bank at this point! ;)

you sure you truly understand how Watts is computed on regulated devices?

Yes of course. Most regulated devices are not linear. This is why when you see a real review (ex. Daniel) show charts they only achieve max output at a certain resistance. They will either be current limited where a build is low OR voltage limited where a build is on the higher side. Hence my "power band" reference. A truly, stiffly regulated power supply will show an increase in output current as load increases (resistance decreases) and its voltage on its terminals will stay constant. Since this is in theory and not achievable (in the absolute sense) in the real world due to conductor and contact resistance/loss limits, we don't see it happening. Of course these devices are built with safety first because in the real world there is little control to what happens with the end user. (i.e. the probability of a driver having its output driven into a direct short is very likely whether accidental or intentional!) And such abuse/abnormal operation results could have catastrophic consequences leading up to severe injury or death! This is why mechanicals have the potential to be so dangerous as experienced users know. And this is why Evolv, even with their utmost focus on control and safety, has implemented a line fuse in series with the positive lead on the board. You do NOT want a direct short across a 3S lipo that's rated at 60C pulse (or higher) in a box that's practically hermetically sealed (ex. Tuglyfe DNA 200). Might as well tightly clench a pack of jumping jacks in your hand while a friend lights the fuse!

The issue with these boxes having the lower limit of .1OHM hurts us that want to use RDAs with large staple fused clapton builds. Many will typically be below .1OHM. Sometimes as low as .05OHM. My DNAs will fire however I can hit the current limit at around 175W. Granted it's not where I want to be with chaining. And these builds are simply too low to run on single cell unregulated devices with any expectation of safe operation!

Take the Koopor Primus 300W. All of my sub 100 milliohm builds will throw the dreaded OHMS TOO LOW message. Switch to temp control and adjust the preheat to a desired level (ex. 200W) and it will fire just fine. But its the extra step and a mode of operation that it just wasn't designed for so I wouldn't recommend it to just anyone.

Another thing is inconsistency. When grabbed my first Alien 220W kit last October, I was thrilled that it fired my .07 build on my Kennedy 25. Used it for several weeks. Then, after switching to a TFV8 and Limitless XL (both with coils and/or builds never lower than .15) it simply refuses to drive the build on the Kennedy. And its electrical characteristic have not changed. I use a bench milliohm meter that's far more accurate than the typical coil master to verify and it's still rocking at 0.07 cold resistance. I can't really complain because the spec actually does claim min resistance of .1.

My COV Megavolt OTOH, has no problem firing it. It's a bit light with a max of 80W but workable. Just feels like an 8 firing on 6 cylinders. Works wonders on my Petri with 35W though. :)

I really need to pick up a Hohm Wrecker. I wish they had more power however the idea of doing TC on Kanthal is interesting!

And as far as race to higher power, if that's something you want it's been around for a while. Kilowatts, no multiple kW is no problem for a decent sized lipo and PWM board. I have one that can put out hundreds of amps. In theory it's over 3,000W. It's a conversation piece for sure but can drive some complex builds and produce vapor instantly where mere 200W DNAs sit for seconds before vapor production commences. :D

Comparing it to most commercially available boxes would be like comparing a 2500hp drag racer to a run of the mill Camaro or Charger. ;)

Last edited:

HuffandPuffers

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
tfv12.jpg

:banana:

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got mine today.
Wow! isn't enough to describe this beast.
175W feels about as hot as 85W on the TFV8.
I'm not kidding.
I had it on my Koopor Primus 300W at 280W and it's a boss.
Dense vape and not nearly what I consider hot.
Sucks the juice down but that's expected.
And the clouds...

Mine came with three coils, not the RBA edition. But there are two RBAs coming soon.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Got mine today.
Wow! isn't enough to describe this beast.
175W feels about as hot as 85W on the TFV8.
I'm not kidding.
I had it on my Koopor Primus 300W at 280W and it's a boss.
Dense vape and not nearly what I consider hot.
Sucks the juice down but that's expected.
And the clouds...

Mine came with three coils, not the RBA edition. But there are two RBAs coming soon.
dam where did you get it? Your the 2nd person i've seen have one but every site i check is not in stock yet lol

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Local shop had it. No extra coils, SS only. Didn't care I *had* to have it and it doesn't disappoint!
I'm jealous. you don't happen to be in canada? the other guy who got one from his local shop was in canada

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
How is flavour compared with TFV8? Also what coil were you using ....details we need details!

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have only used the V12T12 coil that was preinstalled. The flavor seems to vary depending on the power. Similar to the V10T10 on the TFV8 if you vape at too low of a wattage it does seem muted and boy does it love power. The kit I got also includes the V12V6 and V12X4 coils. I suspect these may be better for flavor at lower wattages but I haven't tried them yet. As expected it drains juice like fratboys rip through cheap beer. And the airflow ring area gets hotter than hell after a series of 180-225W pulls. Of course it's just simple physics. Imagine how hot a tiny flashlight would get with a 200W halogen lamp in it!

The other thing is your mods. Guys, seriously this thing needs power. DNA 200s work great. I unfortunately don't have a DNA250 in hand to try with this. 150W and 180W boxes struggle. As do any 200-220W boxes claiming to be able to do this power. The coil I'm using is rated 0.12 OHM and it shows 114.55 milli-ohms on an Agilent lab meter. Most of my boxes read .11 or .12. At 200W its draw will exceed the current limit of a lot of dual 18650 boxes. The Alien fires it at 220W. Keep in mind you will need the highest draw batteries available and it will RIP through them!

This bad boy likes to be driven like you stole it. Personally for me it's not my every day vaping style. I think anyone that does may need a sanity check!
But when you want to blow clouds with decent flavor and either make your own juice or don't mind spending a ton on it - go for it! I don't regret it one bit.

I think where this will really shine is when the RBA comes out. Then we can build to our own liking, it holds more juice then its predecessor and it just looks bad ass! It's a HUGE tank but the bottom is much smaller so it won't overhang your mods like the larger tanks and RBAs do.

I do agree with RIP's review about nicotine delivery. 3mg feels crazy in this thing. Of course it's a crazy amount of vapor density. I can't imagine doing 6 or higher. Headspin!

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
This does not seem worth the effort.

Bigger, thirstier, hungrier for power. Meh. I just vape, bruh.

In all honesty if it's not better than the TFV8 for flavour I'll probably pass for the minute as well ... I'm more than happy with the cloud productions from the V8 got so many things on my list to try already lol

Not Sure

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i consider myself somewhat techie, and been building for a couple years. this seems good like the previous sub ohm tanks but cant they name their coils a little better? lol hmmm, i cant decide on the qt6-990#foi* coil or the rth-789ui-.ii9.0 coil lol

Mebejedi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The other thing is your mods. Guys, seriously this thing needs power. DNA 200s work great. I unfortunately don't have a DNA250 in hand to try with this. 150W and 180W boxes struggle. As do any 200-220W boxes claiming to be able to do this power. The coil I'm using is rated 0.12 OHM and it shows 114.55 milli-ohms on an Agilent lab meter. Most of my boxes read .11 or .12. At 200W its draw will exceed the current limit of a lot of dual 18650 boxes. The Alien fires it at 220W. Keep in mind you will need the highest draw batteries available and it will RIP through them!

The Alien may fire it...but what about the flavor? I went for the Alien instead of the Marshall, and I'm very pleased.....but I also preordered the TFV12 because it sounded bad-ass. Now it sounds like I may have to decide between the Marshall and the GX350 for this tank. (Not that I need to, but my ego's writing checks my body doesn't want to cash.)

[EDIT] I'm using LG HG2 batteries, which are 20a. I'm guessing those won't be sufficient?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The Alien may fire it...but what about the flavor? I went for the Alien instead of the Marshall, and I'm very pleased.....but I also preordered the TFV12 because it sounded bad-ass. Now it sounds like I may have to decide between the Marshall and the GX350 for this tank. (Not that I need to, but my ego's writing checks my body doesn't want to cash.)

[EDIT] I'm using LG HG2 batteries, which are 20a. I'm guessing those won't be sufficient?
Depends on your wattage. If u wanna vape over 130 all the time a triple or quad battery mod would be a better choice

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mebejedi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I like the T8 on the Alien at 100w, and the Q2 and RBA at 75. I held a Wismec 300 with 4 batteries and it had some serious heft....I'm guessing the GX350 will be similar. (I know you can just use 2 batteries, but it's still big to hold, and the Alien does fine with 2 batts anyways). I do vape throughout the day...but I don't think I'll use the 350 enough to really justify the purchase. Plus my wife wouldn't appreciate me filling the house with vapor, lol.

Maybe I should just cancel the TFV12 preorder and stick with getting a Cloud Beast instead.....

Damn SMOK for giving me so many options!!! :cry:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
You should be fine on the alien buddy check out the below review ...to be honest pushing it past 200w even using the top 6shooter chamber coil isn't needed ....looks absolutely insane! I mean I blow obnoxious clouds on the beast as it is this is another level obnoxious in the smoking area at work ...guess it'd be worth it to piss my colleagues off for kicks and giggles!

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...S9O6Yc&usg=AFQjCNEcrbpyNWdmyUtvpdzNiVG6zKYJpw

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Hope you make your own juice though or it's gonna burn a hole in your sky rocket!

Whether you would want this as an all day everyday vape though I seriously doubt it I mean Christ they might even have to put some sort of tax duty on you for entering towns and causing smog

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
You should be fine on the alien buddy check out the below review ...to be honest pushing it past 200w even using the top 6shooter chamber coil isn't needed ....looks absolutely insane! I mean I blow obnoxious clouds on the beast as it is this is another level obnoxious in the smoking area at work ...guess it'd be worth it to piss my colleagues off for kicks and giggles!

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...S9O6Yc&usg=AFQjCNEcrbpyNWdmyUtvpdzNiVG6zKYJpw
Once u start pushing over 150 watts on a dual mod battery amp draw becomes an issue though

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mebejedi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just found out my local vape shop had 5 TFV12s! :cry:

Obviously, they were sold very quickly. Oh well...

And they wouldn't tell me where they got their flavors from. :(

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just found out my local vape shop had 5 TFV12s! :cry:

Obviously, they were sold very quickly. Oh well...

And they wouldn't tell me where they got their flavors from. :(
Ecig eity has ss and black in stock , just got mine today 35 bucks to the door . Waiting on a couple juices to steep before I load it up but looks like another good smok tank

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Mebejedi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Already sold out. I preordered mine on NWVapes for $30 w/shipping. I guess I'll just wait. Maybe they'll send it out early? :D

The guy at the vape shop said it was an awesome vape.

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Your batts will work but you will have sag and likely top out far less than what the box is indicating its firing at, say anything > 185W. Especially with the V12 coil which need 175W to come alive and produce flavor we crave. It's quite airy wide open. Not everyone's going to like this style of vaping that's for sure. For higher current try LG HB6 or Sony VTC6 cells. They won't last as long per charge but you WILL get harder hits at the top of the range. Lipo powered DNA 250s or custom PWM boxes for those daredevils that want to chain 250+. You will need an oven mitt to adjust the airflow or take the tank off the box after a series of draws at that power. And probably a fan to clear the room too! :D

For flavor? Does it threaten my Kennedy 25 RDAs or Dottmod Petri RTA? Absolutely not. There's just not a way to have big ass ridiculous clouds AND jaw dropping flavor at the same time. A setup that did would probably sear your mouth and you'd have to spit out (juice) after a big pull. But the flavor is good considering the airflow and cloud production. The other coils (which I have yet to try!) are said to produce better flavor and are more adept to lower vaping power levels with the airflow choked back. And when the RBA becomes available. At that point I won't even need my TVF8s except on smaller devices. I'm still waiting for the baby beast RBA kit. That will be great at 60W with some middle of the road fused claptons.

And as I said before nic delivery is scary efficient with this. It's easy to get carried away even with 3 nic juice. I'm not kidding about this. Personally I prefer dripping nic bearing juice especially at higher concentrations but it's do-able if you crave it.

The highest power (non custom) box I have to use on this is an RX300 and Koopor Primus. Both hit at 300W and the output doesn't disappoint. It's like taking the Road Runner to the track on a weekend doing some 10.5 sec quarter mile runs. Fun but not something you do all the time, for sure! ;)

VU Sponsors