VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://www.kentucky.com/living/health-and-medicine/article196909514.html

Could someone please go into the comment section and straighten this dipshit out?
There is a whole slew of misinformation in this article.
From calling PG diethylene glycol to the fake formaldehyde bullshit to Diacetyl.

Plus the headline question hasn't even attempted to be answered anywhere in the story.

This is like having a headline like: "Airbags can be dangerous and may not work" but then the article is about the danger of diesel fumes.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Done and here is what I posted..................

This is all INCORRECT Information and should be removed from publication because there is only one thing that is correct and that is they are battery powered. You call yourself a columnist? This article shows how ignorant the person who wrote it is and the lack of any research being done.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
How many people here didn't try most of those "proven" (to fail) methods?

I tried many things over the decades I smoked. even way back to when Nicorette first came out. The only thing the worked for me was Cold Freakin Turkey and vaping to get Nicotine. Vaping did not help me quit it helped me get past the withdrawals.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried many things over the decades I smoked. even way back to when Nicorette first came out. The only thing the worked for me was Cold Freakin Turkey and vaping to get Nicotine. Vaping did not help me quit it helped me get past the withdrawals.
Yep, I still had cravings but I focused that I was going to quit. Vaping just made it much, much, much easier to quit. I did the gum, patch, cold turkey over the years and nothing stuck longer than 3-6 months at most. I've been off the Stinkies now coming up on 3 years with absolutely zero desire to go back.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am going on 4 years this summer and Dual Use was just me kidding myself I was cutting down. Woke up one Saturday with a few left in a pack and said today is the day I never buy another pack. Stuck with it and for 2 weeks I went thru hell but I refused to smoke any more than those last couple over a week or so. The last one I didn't do more than light and said why am I doing this? Stubbed it out for good.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am going on 4 years this summer and Dual Use was just me kidding myself I was cutting down. Woke up one Saturday with a few left in a pack and said today is the day I never buy another pack. Stuck with it and for 2 weeks I went thru hell but I refused to smoke any more than those last couple over a week or so. The last one I didn't do more than light and said why am I doing this? Stubbed it out for good.
I myself had a Stinkie right after I left the Vape shop with my iStick 30, Nautilus Mini and a couple of bottles of 18mg juice. I had to focus but I did it and only one time about 3 or 4 weeks later I tried a Stinkie. I was Pub crawling with friends and left my Vape at a friends so I bummed one. I didn't even get through half of it for it tasted like refried Camel Shit, I tossed it and walked down the hill to get my Vape.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
People are different. Some can quite cold turkey. Some can do it with BP nic replacements. So with (so-called) anti-depressants. Some quit immediately after a couple of drags on a vape, while vaping doesn't work at all for others.

In the end though, vaping is a huge win for those (millions!) of us world-wide who were able to quit (or even substantially cut back) with vaping where nothing else we tried in the past worked.

Personally, I had no intention to quit when I got my first eGo-style starter kit. I just wanted to see if I could use it to cut back. Well, cut back I did. From 2 PAD to zero in less than a week. To me that makes it damn close to a miracle because I had given up on quitting years before.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay so, either this guy doesn't want to get off his fat ass,do his job and actually investigate the facts surrounding vaping and health, or he is just an idiot who waddeled his way through a journalisim degree and is to stupid to investigate the issue, or he is a lying sack of shit who is willing to whore himself out to a propoganda mill...bought by the corpratist state.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Okay so, either this guy doesn't want to get off his fat ass,do his job and actually investigate the facts surrounding vaping and health, or he is just an idiot who waddeled his way through a journalisim degree and is to stupid to investigate the issue, or he is a lying sack of shit who is willing to whore himself out to a propoganda mill...bought by the corpratist state.

No it's much worse then that.

"Dr. Eli Colon is with KentuckyOne Health Pulmonology Associates."

This asshole is in a position where smokers TRUST his judgment on these issues.
If it were just some dumb college freshman from KY tying to pass his journalism class I wouldn't have asked anyone to leave a message because most people are smart enough to treat EVERYTHING as fake news and do further research in todays political climate.

VU Sponsors