Become a Patron!

The VU Beater Mod Challenge - Closes 10/24/18 (7 Prizes Available)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
The Beater Mod Challenge

As an opening challenge to ease us in, something to whet the appetite of what’s to come:

We challenge the Community to post up pictures of their Beater mods. The paint job may have gone, it may have dinks in it, it’s probably done more miles than a Mercedes diesel, its survived leaking of biblical proportions, yet just like Jason out of Friday the 13th the bastard simply won’t die.

This challenge seeks out set ups that have stood the test of time…after all companies who make long lasting mods should be recognised.

Challenge Specific Rules and Restrictions
  1. Regulated mods only
  2. Must be functioning safely. Picture of the screen on is required. Cracks and fogging are ok, non-functioning screens are not.
  3. No pictures from the internet. In the interest of fairness we ask that you include your forum username written on paper next to the picture submission
  4. Have more than one beater? Post them as well the more the merrier!
  5. We won’t be accept any product that would breach forum rules (herb, wax etc) these products are cause for disqualification and will be removed
  6. If it looks new the chances are it’s probably not a beater!
  7. The VU Challenge Team have chosen to excuse themselves from all prizes, however are free to contribute as much as they like
  8. Global Forum rules apply at all times (http://vapingunderground.com/threads/rules-of-the-forum.255/)
  9. Challenge Global Rules apply at all times
    (http://vapingunderground.com/threads/global-challenge-rules.433025/)

For more info on how the VU Challenges work please see
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/how’s-it-all-work-see-here.433027/

How the prize is selected for this Challenge

The VU challenges aren’t about who is best or winning they’re about meeting new people and bringing our community together. In that endeavour we want to award our amazing community for their input and insights. We have engaged sponsors who share our vision of community work as a token of our appreciation.

The VU Challenge Team will collect all valid entries from those who genuinely contribute and roll at random on this challenge. Thank you all in advance for making this dream possible. The team will be looking for notable community members as the challenges progress to award elusive badges.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Sponsors and Prize information

There are 7 Prizes to award this month, the breakdown is as follows

Community Sponsor: PureCoils.com

Purecoils are kindly offering our community 1 x Wotofo Warrior RDA for this months prize

https://www.purecoils.com/products/wotofo-warrior-rda-rsa

8ED5D312-9133-47EF-94A1-459F50869B02.jpeg

PureCoils Shipping Info

Note to members:

A $1 shipping fee for members in the U.S. is required (to stay withing the FDA guidelines)

A $15 fee for members outside the U.S. will apply

If you are selected and accept the shipping restrictions please first PM @CrazyChef v2.0 to confirm a password for the email so he know it’s you then email: [email protected]

You will need to provide: Member name, real name, address, contact details for tracking purposes.

———————————————

Community Sponsor: Wotofo

Wotofo are kindly offering 3 individual prize packs for our community. Each pack include 5 products:

1 x Profile RDA
https://www.wotofo.com/wotofo-profile-rda.html

DE5FF17F-7D7F-4DA9-96D1-2496E7BA2F64.jpeg

1 x "Kepp Vaping" T-shirt (request size when you get in touch)
https://www.wotofo.com/wotofo-keep-vaping-t-shirt.html
1 x Agleted Organic Cotton
https://www.wotofo.com/wotofo-agleted-organic-cotton.html
1 x Mesh Style Coil
https://www.wotofo.com/mesh-style-coil-10pcs.html
1 x Easy Fill Squonk Cap
https://www.wotofo.com/wotofo-easy-fill-squonk-cap-100ml.html

Wotofo Shipping Info

If you are selected for an award please PM WotofoOfficial to arrange free shipping “quote beater challenge” we will let them know In advance the member names

You will need to provide shipping information including name, full address (including country), contact number and email for tracking purposes

—————————————-

Community Sponsor: Heaven Gifts

Heaven Gifts are kindly offering 3 individual prizes for our community. Each Prize consists of;

1 x Vaporesso Revenger TC Kit with NRG Tank

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Vaporesso-Revenger-Kit-with-NRG.html

79B2B433-ABE4-4A5F-AA2D-5DAC49C3642F.jpeg

Heaven Gifts Shipping Info

If you are selected for an award please first PM heavensgifts to confirm who you are then email [email protected] to arrange free shipping “quote beater challenge”.... we will let them know In advance the member names

You will need to provide shipping information including name, full address (including country), contact number and email for tracking purposes

Additional Heaven Gifts Sponsor Note

Happy 11th Anniversary from the VU Challenge Team. They are having an event between Sept 18~ Sept 29. The community can enjoy enjoy 35% off discount, free shipping over US$80, flash sales, clearance sales, massive giveaways on our their channels during this time.
for more details, you can check here: https://www.heavengifts.com/article/Heaven-Gifts-11-th-Anniversary-Celebration-35-Off-2018.html

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
As an example;

This will raise some eyebrows :D my Beater mod beleive it or not is .......a Smok H-Priv 220w bought back in 2016

E8B03187-C257-424C-8AED-F552A2245518.jpeg
A1CFE1DC-8D0A-4BD6-8E7A-17D8E36C4B01.jpeg
CFACDCC9-EBB0-46C2-8F5C-16AE2D236BE1.jpeg

This mod has been with me since the start, the fire bar is a bit gammy these days, the screen is fogged so bad where I’ve had tanks leaks all over it or just from condensation....and the puff counter decided to give up at some point but who cares it still fires and goes about it business

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
CBB93DF5-E803-42B3-AE5C-24F6837933FF.jpeg evic primo which only works with certain atomizers. Lol
It has Arctic Fox on it so it works well, when it works. Lol

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
View attachment 120407 Evic primo which only works with certain atomizers. Lol
It has Arctic Fox on it so it works well, when it works. Lol

The Mod looks happy with the recoil on top though ..it’s smiling and everything :D

Thanks for this example though mate ...as a reminder the team would not count this submission in the roll as per the challenge restrictions ....remember to post your user name and screen on with the submissions folks

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Hahaha it’s an example! Let’s see yours :p...it gives it that more authentic look for the challenge ...you know the one, the who gives a crap look

Next time I am home I will take a photo of of my year old FUGLY mod just to make you happy!

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Halo Beater.jpg

Bought this Halo mod while travelling one year and in a bind. Still works like a champ and still travels. It has been dropped, almost completely submerged in water briefly and is no worse for wear aside from being ugly.
Halo Screen On.jpg

MVP 20W Beater.jpg

Aside from being hideous and many years old this MVP will keep on ticking. Use it all the time for tootle puffing at low watts.
MVP Screen On.jpg

Last edited:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
OK, One more.:D
For this we have a mod that I had 3 of as beaters.
I used these as my daily beaters for at least a year.
This is the smallest dual 18650 box that I had seen at the time.

Just to be clear to competitors.
To enter a member will need to post at least one pic of a beater mod with the screen on along with the members screen name in the pic.

@KingPin! this would be considered a proper entry correct?

It's a Cloupor GT80 w/ Kanger TopTank:

20180924_030316.jpg 20180924_030333.jpg 20180924_030354.jpg

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
OK, One more.:D
For this we have a mod that I had 3 of as beaters.
I used these as my daily beaters for at least a year.
This is the smallest dual 18650 box that I had seen at the time.

Just to be clear to competitors.

To enter a member will need to post at least one pic of a beater mod with the screen on along with the members screen name in the pic.

@KingPin! this would be considered a proper entry correct?

It's a Cloupor GT80 w/ Kanger TopTank:

View attachment 120442 View attachment 120443 View attachment 120444

Yep ...looks good to me mate :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I AM a beater mod.... :giggle:

3rifQZz.jpg

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Too bad the rules state regulated, I could defo post a winner with a couple of the Invaders. Their paint jobs suck big time.

mechs go the distance, some you’ll drive over with a truck and they’ll shake it off, we were more interested to see what the community had that’s lasted a good while with a bit of gadge inside
:vino:

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Therion 133, this month is her 1st birthday. She always wears a Nano and I never leave the house without her. Her door is the original and a bit tattered; have a new one (same color,gray ostrich) but just love her so much hate to change anything buy the batteries.
vu challange 1.jpg vu challenge 2.jpg :inlove:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Therion 133, this month is her 1st birthday. She always wears a Nano and I never leave the house without her. Her door is the original and a bit tattered; have a new one (same color,gray ostrich) but just love her so much hate to change anything buy the batteries.
View attachment 120460 View attachment 120461 :inlove:

And with those two paired together why would you :vino:

Happy birthday Therion :bliss:

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Have older mods but they seldom make an appearance these days. The Hugo 133 is what I test new bottom af rtas on. That ones a workhorse, if I used it more I would have entered it; it's been dropped on a few dogwalks and margarita nights over the last couple of years.:facepalm:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When I think beater in the true sense, I envision beaten but not broken...Closest mod I own that is beat upon is my Hcigar VT133 I bought over 2 years ago... it has died a few times and auto fired...from not caring about juice dropping through the 510 and across the board from drainage of RSAs when I go to rewick.

I've taken her to bits and Isopropyl bathed her to bring her back from death 3 times... the VT is my glorified Ω meter and coil pulse tool.

I slapped on an RTA for pictures sake...(something I don't use and should just clean lol) but as mentioned she is just a tool for rebuilding now and nothing more.

Many might think she is far from being a beater from the pics...rest assured she is my beater mod...I am just not overly abusive

upload_2018-9-24_8-23-0.pngupload_2018-9-24_8-23-35.pngupload_2018-9-24_8-24-2.png
b4263ec05c00765bc200ac0472a9b245.jpg

With the Spirit of Challenges I say hello to everyone!

My name is Don and I am a Vape-a-holic

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
When I think beater in the true sense, I envision beaten but not broken...Closest mod I own that is beat upon is my Hcigar VT133 I bought over 2 years ago... it has died a few times and auto fired...from not caring about juice dropping through the 510 and across the board from drainage of RSAs when I go to rewick.

I've taken her to bits and Isopropyl bathed her to bring her back from death 3 times... the VT is my glorified Ω meter and coil pulse tool.

I slapped on an RTA for pictures sake...(something I don't use and should just clean lol) but as mentioned she is just a tool for rebuilding now and nothing more.

Many might think she is far from being a beater from the pics...rest assured she is my beater mod...I am just not overly abusive ;)

View attachment 120463View attachment 120464View attachment 120465

With the Spirit of Challenges I say hello to everyone!

My name is Don and I am a Vape-a-holic

Great submission thanks Don (just need one more shot with the paper and name on) :vino:I’m curious to learn more about this iso soaking can you litterally submerge components and they come out fine after an air dry?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Great submission thanks Don (just need one more shot with the paper and name on) :vino:I’m curious to learn more about this iso soaking can you litterally submerge components and they come out fine after an air dry?

I originally used it to clean the 510 area, and since I had the mod tore down by then, I figured to use a old toothbrush and scrub the whole board, daughter board etc. ... for there was a lot of crud...I did remove the screen from the board, I don't think ISO would be good to use on that...but for the chip board all good.

Same goes for a Pico Squeeze I had that started to auto fire... being that these things are only $17... I dropped the whole thing in my ultrasonic cleaner filled with Iso and ran it for a few passes, and the Squeeze works great again.

I posted about the Squeeze with pics in Bonkers thread ;)

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/squonkers-are-bonkers.183977/page-791#post-2205176

Worked great lol

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I originally used it to clean the 510 area, and since I had the mod tore down by then, I figured to use a old toothbrush and scrub the whole board, daughter board etc. ... for there was a lot of crud...I did remove the screen from the board, I don't think ISO would be good to use on that...but for the chip board all good.

Same goes for a Pico Squeeze I had that started to auto fire... being that these things are only $17... I dropped the whole thing in my ultrasonic cleaner filled with Iso and ran it for a few passes, and the Squeeze works great again.

I posted about the Squeeze with pics in Bonkers thread ;)

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/squonkers-are-bonkers.183977/page-791#post-2205176

Worked great lol

Thanks for the share mate, I use iso to clean contacts and what not but never thought to scrub a board with it though, gonna look through your posts now
:vino:

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Smok alien 220tc from the first batch after release. Used it for a little over a year. Used to be black. I held the fire bar on with a hair tie. And the top plate is broken. But it still hits like the day I bought it :D
beater.jpg

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Smok alien 220tc from the first batch after release. Used it for a little over a year. Used to be black. I held the fire bar on with a hair tie. And the top plate is broken. But it still hits like the day I bought it :D
View attachment 120484

Do you have to use the floss pick to kick start it somehow?

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Where are all the squonk holes???

This puppy still rocks it, lol

View attachment 120503

...love the squonkers, if you have a Beater regulated pico for instance jobs a gooden!

Don had one and brought it back from the edge of death
:bingo:

Long live Pico Chuuuuuuu

Still waiting to see Uncs squonker...get that kanger our @UncleRJ

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now that’s a Beater! :D
still works like a champ :D i have to give eleaf credit here, this istick and my istick30 have proven to be some of the toughest regulated mods i have.

Where are all the squonk holes???
i dont have any regulated squonkers, and my only 'ugly' one is a frankenskull clone that i purposely sanded down to 'apocalyptic' finish, so its not a beater, its a work of art :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors