Become a Patron!

The VU Beater Mod Challenge - Closes 10/24/18 (7 Prizes Available)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
It started get a few knicks after about 3 months, didn’t get really bad till about 6 months, nowadays if I use it, I normally put it down to find blue flakes on my hand, it’s literally falling off now.

:eek: Did they have the same thing on the Hohm Wrecker as well? Actually I’m really surprised nobody’s posted that box yet, it was all the rage with our community...except maybe wingsfan :D

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Yeah... I should of known it was a leaverite when I first saw it ;)

Hahaha I liked the hohm wrecker it had the looks only a mother would love though ...the Orange was particularly hideous ....that’s the colour I would have gone for had I been able to snag it over here ...kinda reminds me of that TV show Z nation....it’s so bad it’s good

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
here is my old istick100tc :teehee:
View attachment 120506

I give you 10 imaginary points for mod choice, and another 10 for using a wire spool instead of paper for your name :D

I used to have 2 (istick 100wtc) - doors and batteries flying everywhere after a drop, might need a bang/bend on the counter now and then, paint was, well, yeah, like that lol

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
0AAA2908-5BFC-434D-B986-3A25FACF4830.jpeg
69167A70-8129-496B-A643-BBB3599B6D65.jpeg
I’m surprised that no one has posted anything “old” yet.
My old vaporshark dna30 with original kayfun light with nano kit.
I still use it often as a beater or when I’m sick.
I didn’t put the name/paper thingy just thought the thread needed something from back when in the dawn of the dna era

Last edited:

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Not much for a beater pic, but I've logged many miles on the LUX. Gonna have to tear it down and give it a good internal cleaning sometime soon - the batteries don't always make a proper connection any longer, and there's juice under the display screen.

HPN0OB0.jpg

WMiPsrt.jpg

Last edited:

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did they have the same thing on the Hohm Wrecker as well?
the wrecker was/is bulletproof. mine still looks almost new, minus a bit of atty rash, and it saw a lot of use when it was in its prime. now its just my coil pulsing/ohm reader/build station mod.
I give you 10 imaginary points for mod choice, and another 10 for using a wire spool instead of paper for your name
i think thats a record for the most imaginary points in a single day for me :confetti: lol and to think i was mad that i lost my build station note pad and had to use a spool :teehee:

doors and batteries flying everywhere after a drop
yup
might need a bang/bend on the counter now and then
yup
paint was, well, yeah, like that lol
yup
bc05d443b3102c62dadb9e24ba3f2bf8.png
it was a catastrophe every time :D

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So here is an approximately 4 year old RX200S that has bounced off the cement and asphalt since day 1 and still firing~! I Wire wheeled the paint off it and polished the battery cover. Actually looks better in the pictures???

upload_2018-9-25_18-40-5.pngupload_2018-9-25_18-40-54.png

Do I need to open it up and show the places I glued the battery sled back together a a few times?

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Do I need to open it up and show the places I glued the battery sled back together a a few times?

I wanna see the fix now :bingo:It’s mad the lengths we go to to keep stuff going haha

WPMac i think has this home fix down so far keeping the fire bar on with a hair tie, else play it flute style :D

Last edited:

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
So here is an approximately 4 year old RX200S that has bounced off the cement and asphalt since day 1 and still firing~! I Wire wheeled the paint off it and polished the battery cover. Actually looks better in the pictures???

View attachment 120546View attachment 120547

That is definitely the spirit of a beater.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That is definitely the spirit of a beater.

Yeah all those assholes who wanted to tell me about inferior wiring and all the other shit they had to say must like crow. They are still eating it~! Bad 510 huh? Using a Nautilus Mini meant removing the tank to fill it 6-10 times a day. I guess I know how to start threads?

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Here is one of the repairs to the battery sled. Cy no-Acrelate is a wonderful thing

View attachment 120550

When that piece popped out it was lucky I saw it fly out. If not would have been some Epozy or JB Weld.

:cheers: I remember once I was sticking a magnet back in the plastic housing, because the glue geekvape used on the mech pro was crap for the strength of the strip magnets they went with...superglue did the trick, although as I was sticking it in place my finger slipped and the damn thing flew out of the plastic frame and stuck to the outer metal casing...the whole area was a mess

I used a few choice expletives ...:cuss2:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
:cheers: I remember once I was sticking a magnet back in the plastic housing, because the glue geekvape used on the mech pro was crap for the strength of the strip magnets they went with...superglue did the trick, although as I was sticking it in place my finger slipped and the damn thing flew out of the plastic frame and stuck to the outer metal casing...the whole area was a mess
I used a few choice expletives ...:cuss2:

Nail Polish or Acetone works to remove Crazy Glue~! I had the magnets fly out a bunch of times. One time after looking all over and I finally gave up I found it sticking to my belt buckle~! Next time put the glue in the hole first.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finder dna250 by thinkvape... forgot exact purchased date... I sold all my crappy mods aka non dna mods on here, so umm this is my ugliest mod in rotation... still works great, I just got to make sure I hold the battery door LOL!

Software issues is NONE...
Hardware issues are the magnets on the battery door came off, the battery door cover peeled off and the battery tray is wonky, I have to make sure I use yellow batteries on there if you all know what I mean...

Check it out....

9583efb0b6de6f3f35b209f7897f7911.jpg
f42562b64dfeb7a4d526cea87c802dbc.jpg
b2748969c07e2e759fd4ef7c08758561.jpg
6d66e48e8ae0ba7b5d9dca08053f2e5c.jpg
c0a749b6b806f0120376bd38b5b1d6e9.jpg
bada35c2fe235cb59ec9bad0c784b378.jpg
9e3434674ceebfc795650c940db34f9e.jpg
d6bdc45b2e139995866dce11c79b0bd8.jpg

There you go bird, you can have my prizes, I don’t need em..

IM PESCATARIAN!

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nail Polish or Acetone works to remove Crazy Glue~! I had the magnets fly out a bunch of times. One time after looking all over and I finally gave up I found it sticking to my belt buckle~! Next time put the glue in the hole first.
I have a drag mod magnet came out of I put it back in backward. I'm using a tank band those things really stretch a long ways going to have to try some nail polish remove one day

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Finder dna250 by thinkvape... forgot exact purchased date... I sold all my crappy mods aka non dna mods on here, so umm this is my ugliest mod in rotation... still works great, I just got to make sure I hold the battery door LOL!

Hardware issues are the magnets on the battery door came off, the battery door cover peeled off and the battery tray is wonky, I have to make sure I use yellow batteries on there if you all know what I mean...

Check it out....

9583efb0b6de6f3f35b209f7897f7911.jpg
f42562b64dfeb7a4d526cea87c802dbc.jpg
b2748969c07e2e759fd4ef7c08758561.jpg
6d66e48e8ae0ba7b5d9dca08053f2e5c.jpg
c0a749b6b806f0120376bd38b5b1d6e9.jpg
bada35c2fe235cb59ec9bad0c784b378.jpg
9e3434674ceebfc795650c940db34f9e.jpg
d6bdc45b2e139995866dce11c79b0bd8.jpg

There you go bird, you can have my prizes, I don’t need em..

IM PESCATARIAN!
While i appreciate the gesture, I’m good also.
I’m sure there’s a vegan around here you can forward any winnings too.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
mechs go the distance

In to holler, too right there. Not sure I got a flashy flashy beater. Hm, 's dòcha an seann Smok M22 a tha mi a' cleachdadh an-dràsta, tha mi a 'dèanamh gonzo a-mach. Oh, oops sorry. I was lost in a :cloud: a bit, thought everyone was Scott. In ingles por favor? Hm, maybe the old Smok M22 which I dinae use now cos I be all gonzo over squonk.

No I do not speak Portuguese, thank you and have a good 'un. i might think it but I don't speak it. :p :)

Puneet

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Check it out....

IM PESCATARIAN!

I didn’t get the meaning of “using the yellow batteries “ - could you pls explain.
Mine is coming on Thursday and I’m super excited about that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
In to holler, too right there. Not sure I got a flashy flashy beater. Hm, 's dòcha an seann Smok M22 a tha mi a' cleachdadh an-dràsta, tha mi a 'dèanamh gonzo a-mach. Oh, oops sorry. I was lost in a :cloud: a bit, thought everyone was Scott. In ingles por favor? Hm, maybe the old Smok M22 which I dinae use now cos I be all gonzo over squonk.

No I do not speak Portuguese, thank you and have a good 'un. i might think it but I don't speak it. :p :)

Yes quite :D

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I have a drag mod magnet came out of I put it back in backward. I'm using a tank band those things really stretch a long ways going to have to try some nail polish remove one day

Careful of using nail polish remover with acetate in it though it’ll likely take the paint off

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
This mod is 2 years old, used everyday, and still ticking like a Timex watch.

FB_IMG_1537969793011.jpg FB_IMG_1537969789421.jpg FB_IMG_1537969785893.jpg FB_IMG_1537969782387.jpg FB_IMG_1537969778364.jpg

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Therion bf. Paint is failing for sure. Just got it but the mod is a beater for sure. Not to many regulated devices but may have other entries when I get off work.
37d87a487328fd5eda7f37e39084ee2b.jpg
3990b6c417760b80fb5f5de4f4e83b8e.jpg
eaa17802c4ffae81cee6ee7ca831920c.jpg

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I still have my 50W from over 3 years ago that still works great. Not a beater mod though - it's still it great shape!

So are they just made of some black box material they use in planes or something?

The earlier innokin coolfires 4s were solid as well my wife loved that mod, it was the only mod she used every day for nearly 2 years ....though she had to stop cause it’s not picking up the resistance steadily...it bounces up massivly mid fire at whatever the set wattage is..... Satan then takes over the lung hit from there :giggle:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Therion bf. Paint is failing for sure. Just got it but the mod is a beater for sure. Not to many regulated devices but may have other entries when I get off work.
37d87a487328fd5eda7f37e39084ee2b.jpg
3990b6c417760b80fb5f5de4f4e83b8e.jpg
eaa17802c4ffae81cee6ee7ca831920c.jpg

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Do you like how I sold it in a threa called "Beater Mods"???? for mods over $100, Lost Vape sure has shitty paint
-they also Literally Stink if juice gets under the 510 plate, I realized today my Triade smells bad, and that's why

PSX_20180926_091044.jpg PSX_20180926_091004.jpg PSX_20180926_090937.jpg

@f1r3b1rd got this mod's beater-status going, thanks man :D Best ohm meter and coil setter upper ever, and a good vape too of course

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Do you like how I sold it in a threa called "Beater Mods"???? for mods over $100, Lost Vape sure has shitty paint
-they also Literally Stink if juice gets under the 510 plate, I realized today my Triade smells bad, and that's why

View attachment 120626 View attachment 120627 View attachment 120628

@f1r3b1rd got this mod's beater-status going, thanks man :D Best ohm meter and coil setter upper ever, and a good vape too of course
Self proclaimed a fanboy here; nothing performs as well as that board does.
Thrilled to death that it’s still getting used!

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Self proved a fanboy here; nothing performs as well as that board does.
Thrilled to death that it’s still getting used!

And to think, I asked you to keep it because all I wanted were the mechs and your deal was too good - now I've sold most of the mechs and love this mod

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
And to think, I asked you to keep it because all I wanted were the mechs and your deal was too good - now I've sold most of the mechs and love this mod
Lmao!!! They Have a way of doing that.... my dna boxes are still my first go to. I’m hoping to have a new 250c in my hands soon.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn’t get the meaning of “using the yellow batteries “ - could you pls explain.
Mine is coming on Thursday and I’m super excited about that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My battery tray is fucked up, and I think the yellow batteries are longer than my green Sammie’s!

IM PESCATARIAN!

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Lmao!!! They Have a way of doing that.... my dna boxes are still my first go to. I’m hoping to have a new 250c in my hands soon.

I almost bought a Paranormal 250C, got an Asmodus EOS II instead....it looks nicer, lighter, but damn....at least the EOS can get e-liquid on it and not Literally Smell Bad

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I almost bought a Paranormal 250C, got an Asmodus EOS II instead....it looks nicer, lighter, but damn....at least the EOS can get e-liquid on it and not Literally Smell Bad
Lol... I’m probably going to get the paranormal. I can’t bring myself to drop the money on the handful of dna 250c bf devices. I like amsodus as well, have a few minikins, but alas... I live in evolvs back yard.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol... I’m probably going to get the paranormal. I can’t bring myself to drop the money on the handful of dna 250c bf devices. I like amsodus as well, have a few minikins, but alas... I live in evolvs back yard.

I haven’t seen any dna250c that is worth my dough! Just saying

IM PESCATARIAN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors