The VU Brainteaser & Riddle Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
im not sure which is more obvious. If you just look at the numbers, it should be 5000 but it's not when you add them. I can't figure out why that is.

I do not see 5,000 at all.
1,000 X 4 + 40 + 30 + 20 + 10

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The trick is people associate the 1000 with 100... and many say 5000. It's rather funny when it happens

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The trick is people associate the 1000 with 100... and many say 5000. It's rather funny when it happens
I have to wonder if this mind quirk is somehow used in business dealings or sales pitches?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
man I cant even get one number :facepalm:
The key is the center box... 1, 4, 5, 7 are given... you know where 6 and 9 and 3 can't be

Or you can use the bottom right box as key... 1,4,6,8 are given an you know where 2,5,7,9 cant be

I'll give the bottom right and middle box numbers from top left to right top row descending

Middle is

Bottom right is

Rest should be gravy ;)

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The key is the center box... 1, 4, 5, 7 are given... you know where 6 and 9 and 3 can't be

Or you can use the bottom right box as key... 1,4,6,8 are given an you know where 2,5,7,9 cant be

I'll give the bottom right and middle box numbers from top left to right top row descending

Middle is

Bottom right is

Rest should be gravy ;)
i'm up to 2 numbers now! I'm flying lol

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
some of us have never played that math game.
Just culturally depraved I suppose.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
and the top left one is

Now it should be super ezpz lemon squeezy

Is it sickening I can do these in less than 15 mins, well most... the ultra hard ones are the ones where they only give 2-5 numbers on the whole grid, those ones take me a while

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
and the top left one is

Now it should be super ezpz lemon squeezy

Is it sickening I can do these in less than 15 mins, well most... the ultra hard ones are the ones where they only give 2-5 numbers on the whole grid, those ones take me a while
I gave up when I left work. Was taking too long.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Was looking into setting a paradox brainteaser ...well more of a no right answer just a good discussion point

There are some out there but I got side tracked today ...before I find anything worthwhile posting anyone care for such a thing or skip it?

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ok you asked for it!

View attachment 150978

I love Sudoku

Yup, Don the asshole posted a gosh dang puzzle! LOL

yay.jpg

Was looking into setting a paradox brainteaser ...well more of a no right answer just a good discussion point

There are some out there but I got side tracked today ...before I find anything worthwhile posting anyone care for such a thing or skip it?

How many beans does it take for some beans to become a pile of beans?

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
How many beans does it take for some beans to become a pile of beans?

when I can’t visually see how many there are in a heap, at that point I start classifying it though

tiny pile, (post screws)
small pile, (sand)
pile, (clothes that need ironing)
Big pile (logs)
YUGE pile (coal heap)

no rationale sense but when we talk about piles (medical jokes aside) seems people avoid numbers and describe scale instead (like the classic how many sweets in the jar)

Well it’s a YUGE jar there must be a heap of sweets in there haha

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
If over time you replace the parts of something, say a ship does it remain the same ship?

was a line in only fools and horses where trig says he’s had the same broom for a number of years, he follows up with he’s only replaced the handle and brush a vast number of times :D

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I don't know but it doesn't amount to a hill of beans. lol

stands to reason that heap situation is when they stack over each other and you can’t count .... so 7 beans is enough for that or could it be less depends on the sauce I guess haha

how do I know there are 7 though? arghhh

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
when I can’t visually see how many there are in a heap, at that point I start classifying it though

tiny pile, (post screws)
small pile, (sand)
pile, (clothes that need ironing)
Big pile (logs)
YUGE pile (coal heap)

no rationale sense but when we talk about piles (medical jokes aside) seems people avoid numbers and describe scale instead (like the classic how many sweets in the jar)

Well it’s a YUGE jar there must be a heap of sweets in there haha
Ton seems to be one of the most misused words in the language

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ton seems to be one of the most misused words in the language

So true, people even use it to describe a large quantity of things more often than a hight weight

stands to reason that heap situation is when they stack over each other and you can’t count .... so 7 beans is enough for that or could it be less depends on the sauce I guess haha

how do I know there are 7 though? arghhh

I didn't word "sorites paradox" very well, (exhausted from doing sudoku in MS Paint maybe???) it goes more like this-

If you have a heap of sand (or rice) and remove one grain of sand (or rice) at a time, at what number of grains does it cease to be a heap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors