wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ugh! why is when you are trying to make something really good its all junk and when you just throw crap against the wall you come up with awesome stuff. 4 failed mixes in a row lol. none are bad but they all lack that spark. Ill be stashed out in the dungeon until I get this right. just got to remember to keep it fun.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Walk away from it, man. It'll jump out at ya. The force is strong in you.
129fs238648.gif

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Walk away from it, man. It'll jump out at ya. The force is strong in you.
129fs238648.gif
hahaha that yoda is awesome. ya Im taking a break. I have one day home so I am trying to pound this out lol. I had this vision but Im not sure what the vision is telling me yet.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
OK, think of your "spark" flavors for a minute. Process of elimination with knowing how each one will react to a mix that sat a few days. Go kiss the wife and kiddos, take a deep breath and it'll hit ya, lol.

I do agree, the ones I've kinda tossed together right before I put everything away have been my faves, aside from recipes on here. The ones I've put too much thought into have barely worked out.

toughguitar

Member For 5 Years
I know how you feel. You want a certain result from the mix but can't get it to work right. Don't get frustrated, don't force it and don't over analyze it. Huck is right it'll hit you when you least expect it.

Jonathan Tittle

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What are you working on @wllmc ? If I can help, feel free to shoot me a PM :).

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
What are you working on @wllmc ? If I can help, feel free to shoot me a PM :).
sweet thanks dude. think i just have the wrong flavor for the recipe. going to order something else. ill hit you up tho in a minute

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've gone back to buying pre-made juice, got a cabinet with over 80 flavors, but only made 2-3 that I really like, got fed up spending hours mixing 10 different flavors, to only maybe like 1 and only like, not love.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I've gone back to buying pre-made juice, got a cabinet with over 80 flavors, but only made 2-3 that I really like, got fed up spending hours mixing 10 different flavors, to only maybe like 1 and only like, not love.
ah man., thats to bad. hopefully you will be able to get back into it sometime soon

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I wish I could remember what I mixed to get my bastard in a bottle as I call it. I know it has cinnamon spice and brown sugar other than that I got nothing. But I will say they were not flavors that should grace a bottle together but some voodoo made it into a tasty juice.

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
ugh! why is when you are trying to make something really good its all junk and when you just throw crap against the wall you come up with awesome stuff. 4 failed mixes in a row lol. none are bad but they all lack that spark. Ill be stashed out in the dungeon until I get this right. just got to remember to keep it fun.
ALMOST every time I TRY to make a certain flavor, it has come out meh. There have been the rare exceptions.

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Tonight, I set out to make Christmas Pudding. I thought about all the ingredients that go into a Christmas Pudding. "Yeah. This is gonna be good!" Aaaand... Meh. Vapable, but definitely not Christmas Pudding.

VapeSoGood

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm looking to make the plunge, But I'll have to wait a few months to get some money in order to start my own DIY. I'm sure my flavors will suck, but It will be a lot cheaper.(Looking to get into dripping as well)

Also I'm new to the forum so If I don't find the right thread fast enough to learn someone may point me in the right direction. ^_^ Thanks in advance.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
First of all, welcome aboard @VapSoGood. When you get prepared, be sure to read the DIY section and never be afraid to ask for help. There are so many options with flavorings. Some really good, some not so good. It's so much fun, though! Recipes are a good start, easy to follow and they teach you about flavors, too.

VapeSoGood

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks. Im checking around at the moment. Got into watching a DIY box mod. Pretty cool.Was wondering what "TFA" actually is?

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I always recommend to those having issues or lack of patience with DIY to check out the super concentrate and gourmet concentrate lines from vapingzone. They are pretty much one flavor mix and go and frankly there isnt a single one I tried that I actually hated. I could vape about any of them in a pinch and managed to get like 5 from those lines that are all day vapes.

They might seem pricey but you mix them at 1-2.5% depending on the line(SC line is 2-3% and gourmet is .5-2%)and you dont have to mess with dealing with multiple flavors. The SC-gourmet line is no joke and I have a couple I mix at .5 they are so strong. That shits no joke heh. Are they as good as popular premade juice? Thats all up to your taste buds but you cant beat how far you can stretch it.

I like the gourmet line so much I ended up ordering 2000ML worth direct from bakers flavors in Russia who make them if thats any indication. I suck at mixing and have no patience btw so that comment was not ment as a dig.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hey @Vaperstek, I have a question. Is the throat hit nic different from the peppery nic option? Are they both still clean tasting like the original one? I've yet to try yours out........... my apologies. I just can't toss aside what I have at the moment and am running lower, at least.

Vaperstek

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Huck,
Yea I would say so.. More th and just as clean

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I always recommend to those having issues or lack of patience with DIY to check out the super concentrate and gourmet concentrate lines from vapingzone. They are pretty much one flavor mix and go and frankly there isnt a single one I tried that I actually hated. I could vape about any of them in a pinch and managed to get like 5 from those lines that are all day vapes.
Thanks for this tip, I might have to check them out the next time I buy flavors. Do you find that their claims of 1ml makes 40ml to be accurate?

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have decided that when trying to figure out a new flavor, I'm going to make it with zero nic so that I'm not wasting expensive nic on crappy recipes.

I tried to make a cherry that ended up tasting like cough syrup. :(

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have decided that when trying to figure out a new flavor, I'm going to make it with zero nic so that I'm not wasting expensive nic on crappy recipes.

I tried to make a cherry that ended up tasting like cough syrup. :(

I do the same thing...

BTW: Most, including myself, used too much flavoring with Cherry.
Start at (point) .5%, add some vanilla, cream, or cheesecake.
Wait a day or 2, test, add a tad more cherry if needed.
You gotta "sneak up" with this flavor.
Raspberry is like this too IMO.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I do the same thing...

BTW: Most, including myself, used too much flavoring with Cherry.
Start at (point) .5%, add some vanilla, cream, or cheesecake.
Wait a day or 2, test, add a tad more cherry if needed.
You gotta "sneak up" with this flavor.
Raspberry is like this too IMO.
Thanks, it's sneaking up that seems to be using so much of my DIY supplies :( although I never even considered starting with something as low as 1/2 a % :confused: and I've been a bit too anxious about testing and mixing testing and tweaking and testing, repeat cycle... Must be that instant gratification part of my brain :D

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks, it's sneaking up that seems to be using so much of my DIY supplies :( although I never even considered starting with something as low as 1/2 a % :confused: and I've been a bit too anxious about testing and mixing testing and tweaking and testing, repeat cycle... Must be that instant gratification part of my brain :D

Na, it's pretty normal to just jump in, lol.

I typically started with most TFA flavors at 10%, but I found out all too quickly that there are some exceptions. :eek:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Definitely. I use most of mine at 3% or less but I don't have a lot of TFA. Some at maybe 5%

Sent from my stupid iPhone because I don't have an Android.

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for this tip, I might have to check them out the next time I buy flavors. Do you find that their claims of 1ml makes 40ml to be accurate?

For my personal tastes I can say the recommended range is spot on. I vape island tobacco which is from the SC line and all day vape at exactly 2.5% and if I am honest I could easily go down to 2%.I actually got a 120ml bottle of it last time I ordered. The gourmet line there is only like 1 flavor out of the 30 or so I have that I actually vape higher than 1% and thats a mint that I dont think VZ has on there site(I ordered it direct from bakers). The cakes they have are so strong I can only vape them at .5%.

I mean ill admit they probably are not going to be as good as a recipe like HIC and others make with multiple flavors and the work that goes into matching and balancing but a few of them are close and they keep me happy and satisfied. There is no getting around spending money to find those all day "BAM" vapes. You might try each line and only have 2 or 3 that are goto flavors but as I said I really can not name one that I hated and wouldnt vape if I was in a pinch or just needed something different to clear my taste buds.

If your mix-challenged like me I think its really worth it to buy several that jump out at you and give it a shot. These are 1 flavor mix and go. The good thing is I would almost guarantee if you didnt like any of them you could trade or sell them here pretty quickly. DIY folks are pretty good about that and most of us have a box or drawer full of flavors just collecting dust.

Vaperstek

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No matter what, I have always put SOME nicotine in my mixes, even if it is 6mg or 4 mg. IT will affect the flavor some. If you make 2 mixes, one with nic and one without. the one with nic will darken much quicker than the one without, as a matter of fact the one without may not ever change color at all, and if it does, very little compared to the one with nic.. FWIW.

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have been lucky enough to find some flavorings that taste good all by themselves, or with just a few drops of ethyl maltol to sweeten. However, some flavors are better than others, are easier to work with and require little to no steep time. Onestopdiyshop.com has some mixes, just mix about 10% and you are good to go!

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No matter what, I have always put SOME nicotine in my mixes, even if it is 6mg or 4 mg. IT will affect the flavor some. If you make 2 mixes, one with nic and one without. the one with nic will darken much quicker than the one without, as a matter of fact the one without may not ever change color at all, and if it does, very little compared to the one with nic.. FWIW.

I agree with this 100%

I'll take this a little farther if y'all don't mind.

A couple years ago before I mixed, I walked into a vape shop that had pre mixed flavors to test ( I didn't realize it was 0 nic)
I picked two and gave them my 45 bucks... They put my ( high at that time ) nic on it and i left the shop.

Well , it tasted like shit. Couldn't vape it. Went back to complain ...... To no avail.

Anyway, learned my lesson,

Maybe the VT nic makes a big diff, I don't know as I've not tried it yet. But I still think I always want my 6% nic In the test mix.

A few months later I started to mix and I've never forgotten that very important lesson.

Of course, I now realize it was probably a wizard labs nic. Nasty. Sorry, I had to say it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
that's what i've been wondering ... so what flavour was it?
hey dude how ya bean?
this one was a cherry lemon cookie. cherry sucks lol. I had to order a different flavor . hoping it turns about better. usually FA does it for me but I want a certain taste that I cant explain . maybe someday Ill unveil my awesome cherry lemon cookies lol

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
yup agreed. my wife vapes zero nic. she never was a smoker but when you live with me ......lol.... nicotine does affect the flavor. VT is much much cleaner than other brands so flavors do shine a lot better but there is a difference in zero nic and even 3mg nic recipes.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I concur, but I think tobacco flavors taste "better" with nicotine IMO.

Most of the other recipes I can get away with 1-2mg and not notice a big change.
(Using VT nic of course)
But the zero nic recipes still seem to taste better.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hey dude how ya bean?
this one was a cherry lemon cookie. cherry sucks lol. I had to order a different flavor . hoping it turns about better. usually FA does it for me but I want a certain taste that I cant explain . maybe someday Ill unveil my awesome cherry lemon cookies lol
i've been good, busy, tired. i didn't recognise you the first time as you changed your avatar. i make very simple juices and rarely mix flavours with flavours. it's just too much like hard work and i'm impatient when it comes to steeping.

i do have a whole load currently steeping but that's because when i made them they tasted rank. so they're put away. one of them is christmas cake and it's really bloody nice. it smells and tastes exactly like xmas cake does. took 3 months to steep properly. but its a heavy juice so i only vape it occasionally. i began my vaping days with ry4 and cherry. i find cherry on it's own is too distinctive for me now. i have cherry con and lemon con.. soo.. maybe i'll have to give it a go
thumbs_up_smiley.gif

VU Sponsors