Become a Patron!

The worst Regulated Mod you have ever bought and why!

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So as I am cleaning out junk and giving stuff away I forgot about this thing!!
The very worst Mod I have ever had is the following
The Koopor Plus!!
When I ordered this it was right after the Xcube II disaster and I thought wow I will get the Smok board
but I wont have the crazy insane menus the bluetooth that was odd. So I get it and its soooo fucking Heavy I mean heavy this thing is like made of Lead its the heaviest mod it has a firiing delay no matter what you do and no matter what resistance it is the worst and most nastiest thing I have ever had whats crazier is it stopped working 6 months ago and I was going to make a Vaping device sacrifice video then got busy so I threw it my trunk and antifreeze leaked on it .. I found it last week grabbed electronic cleaner cleaned it and now it works again,,, That Mod Sacrifice video is coming!!
3668402-2.jpg

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The absolute worst for me was the Aspire Pegasus. The Battery sag is insane but the worst was the Probe of Death. The mode would send a 4 second 30W probe when ever you attached an atty ore swapped the batteries. I fried about 3 of my Nautilus coils before I found the issue. Worst thing about it Aspire ignored and refused to acknowledge the issue even though their forums were full of people having issues.

aspire-pegasus-brass-600x600.jpg

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Probably the Hugo 133 from Hugo Vapor. It has a delay when firing and it's buggy as shit. Looks OK, feels great in hand but the chip just isn't great.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The absolute worst for me was the Aspire Pegasus. The Battery sag is insane but the worst was the Probe of Death. The mode would send a 4 second 30W probe when ever you attached an atty ore swapped the batteries. I fried about 3 of my Nautilus coils before I found the issue. Worst thing about it Aspire ignored and refused to acknowledge the issue even though their forums were full of people having issues.

My god it sent a 30watt probe that is just insane!! wow

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So as I am cleaning out junk and giving stuff away I forgot about this thing!!
The very worst Mod I have ever had is the following
The Koopor Plus!!
When I ordered this it was right after the Xcube II disaster and I thought wow I will get the Smok board
but I wont have the crazy insane menus the bluetooth that was odd. So I get it and its soooo fucking Heavy I mean heavy this thing is like made of Lead its the heaviest mod it has a firiing delay no matter what you do and no matter what resistance it is the worst and most nastiest thing I have ever had whats crazier is it stopped working 6 months ago and I was going to make a Vaping device sacrifice video then got busy so I threw it my trunk and antifreeze leaked on it .. I found it last week grabbed electronic cleaner cleaned it and now it works again,,, That Mod Sacrifice video is coming!!
3668402-2.jpg
I have the mini, was so heavy too!! I used it a little while then back in it's box it went

Have 2 versions of the above one too, total crap^^^

another heavy clunker was the SeaWasps
IMG_20160323_1612207551_zpslx8ptiuk.jpg

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Definitely the Pioneer4you IPV 6x. Shit battery door and TCR didn't work on the original batches. The 510 threading on mine was pretty sketchy as well, had to really wrench down when I was screwing anything onto it. Got my money back on that one

Second for me is the original Reuleaux RX200. I got one right away when they first came out and I couldn't stand the firing lag if you let it sit for a few minutes, it worked fine after it "woke up" but then after sitting again, that first pull had a noticeable delay and that drove me crazy lol. Gave it away after about 2 weeks of being annoyed by it. This may or may not have been fixed with their numerous updates since but for me I couldn't stand it!

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Definitely the Pioneer4you IPV 6x. Shit battery door and TCR didn't work on the original batches. The 510 threading on mine was pretty sketchy as well, had to really wrench down when I was screwing anything onto it. Got my money back on that one

Second for me is the original Reuleaux RX200. I got one right away when they first came out and I couldn't stand the firing lag if you let it sit for a few minutes, it worked fine after it "woke up" but then after sitting again, that first pull had a noticeable delay and that drove me crazy lol. Gave it away after about 2 weeks of being annoyed by it. This may or may not have been fixed with their numerous updates since but for me I couldn't stand it!
I never had that issue with the RX200 but then I updated my firmware right away.. it is still working but the paint has fallen off.. It infuriates me that Pioneer4your screwed up every IPV after the IPV V3 which was just awesome

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never had that issue with the RX200 but then I updated my firmware right away.. it is still working but the paint has fallen off.. It infuriates me that Pioneer4your screwed up every IPV after the IPV V3 which was just awesome

I know it was weird because it didn't seem like everyone had that problem with the firing lag but I'm not crazy and it was there, I went from the IPV3li to the RX200 and it was definitely noticeable. I still have the 3li which I use when I'm fishing, golfing, shit like that where if it gets lost or falls in the drink I don't really care. Haven't had any close calls yet, but as soon as I take a dna mod with me I know some crazy shit is bound to happen to it haha.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know it was weird because it didn't seem like everyone had that problem with the firing lag but I'm not crazy and it was there, I went from the IPV3li to the RX200 and it was definitely noticeable. I still have the 3li which I use when I'm fishing, golfing, shit like that where if it gets lost or falls in the drink I don't really care. Haven't had any close calls yet, but as soon as I take a dna mod with me I know some crazy shit is bound to happen to it haha.
Yep I just lost my Lostvape Efusion DNA 200 driving from California to Texas somewhere in the Mojave fucking Desert and Im not joking dear I am DNA challenged

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep I just lost my Lostvape Efusion DNA 200 driving from California to Texas somewhere in the Mojave fucking Desert and Im not joking dear I am DNA challenged

Ouch man, that's exactly the kind of shit that would happen to me. Like right now its ice fishing season up Nort here and I know damn well if I brought my Therion with it would be down a fucking ice hole in record time :(

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My god it sent a 30watt probe that is just insane!! wow
Yep, back then I was still on my Nautilus Tanks and was just starting to sub-ohm with my Crown. Was so pissed off especially when Aspire refused to even acknowledge the issue.

The other shit Mod from them was the ESP.

Nope, I'll never buy a Mod from Aspire and will always recommend everyone stay away from their Mod's, they're garbage.

BreSha6869

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A couple of weeks ago I picked up a Joyetech eVic Dual from a B&M. Sounded perfect... 1 battery for up to 75w and a 2 battery sled for up to 150w.

Can't fire over 100w no matter what you do. Oops! Some kind of amperage limitation. The B&M guys and I tried everything and it will not even let you set the wattage over 100w. 150w or even 101w cannot be done it seems. We even updated the SW.

Exchanged it for an Alien.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
aea2cc67c72b466da261df82b415b41a.jpg

PAID $100 for this POS!!!!

The mod has sharp edges
The battery tube was dirty
The battery cap was giving me SHOCKS, every now and then
The chip was unpredictable
It never read my atomizers correctly...
And I would like to add, the WORST VENDOR at that time was VAPORTEKUSA! If I'm not mistaken this was back late 2011 early 2012...
NEVER AGAIN PIONEER FUCK YOU!!
Vaportek USA fuck you 2...

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The mod has sharp edges
And I would like to add, the WORST VENDOR at that time was VAPORTEKUSA! If I'm not mistaken this was back late 2011 early 2012...

LMAO, I have that one too:giggle::giggle:
IMG_20160117_1418262141_zpsxz9uqoam.jpg

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My worst was an ipvmini 70, it lasted 3 weeks and I won't buy another p4y mod again.

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The IPV2,,non spring loaded 510 pin never gave accurate ohm readings. One minute your vaping as normal the next minute your inhaling fire because the ohms now read 6.2. Also the back battery panel needed to be unscrewed every time to replace the battery. But I did like the touch sensitive fire button. This replaced the Seven 22 that was also a POS. The firing button broke after a couple months. But the worst mod I ever bought and at the same time the most innovative at the time was the Evolv Darwin. $224.00 when it first came out and it died after a couple weeks. Sent it back ,got it back and died after.a.couple weeks. Even though it was my worst purchase because of the price I still have great respect for what it did for the world of vaping.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have the mini, was so heavy too!! I used it a little while then back in it's box it went

Have 2 versions of the above one too, total crap^^^

another heavy clunker was the SeaWasps
IMG_20160323_1612207551_zpslx8ptiuk.jpg

The mod has sharp edges

I almost bought that thing as well I remember eyeballing it over and over glad you were the sucka :)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The IPV2,,non spring loaded 510 pin never gave accurate ohm readings. One minute your vaping as normal the next minute your inhaling fire because the ohms now read 6.2. Also the back battery panel needed to be unscrewed every time to replace the battery. But I did like the touch sensitive fire button. This replaced the Seven 22 that was also a POS. The firing button broke after a couple months. But the worst mod I ever bought and at the same time the most innovative at the time was the Evolv Darwin. $224.00 when it first came out and it died after a couple weeks. Sent it back ,got it back and died after.a.couple weeks. Even though it was my worst purchase because of the price I still have great respect for what it did for the world of vaping.
Yep I remember the IPV V2 going nutz all the time with the ohm reading I had that mod forever

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess I have been lucky but there are 2 mods that I like but piss me off.

The first is the Smok Alien that worked great until I did the last firmware update and SS316L TC went to shit. The SS304 works great though. Still like the mod. Still need to look if they have a new firmware update but it has bugged me ever since.

The Hcigar VT75 is a real well built mod but the removable 510 plate can be finicky and battery life sucks. I still love the looks and feel though so I deal with it but the DNA75 board is just a fail compared to the 200 and 250. It is one of the only mods I specifically build for, .35 ohms works well but any lower and the battery life sucks and any higher it gives the ohms too high if you pump up the watts. I really wish I could change the chip as I love way it looks.

richu75

Member For 4 Years
A dovpo (say what??) TC50. Yes a dovpo.

1431652004261-P-2631880.jpg

Not because it was a bad performer, but the edges were sharp like a razor and the fire button required the force of a Mike Tyson right hook.
Needless to say it was a design disaster.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No one else has said it, so I will....the iStick 50 was absolutely the worst mod I've ever owned for the entire two weeks I was able to use it before it croaked. Fortunately it didn't go out with a BANG like so many others, mine just died in its sleep one day.
Other than that, I HATED the Reuleaux RX 2/3. I love my RX 200's, I have three of those and a DNA that I absolutely love. But the battery door on the 2/3 was near impossible to get off and back on, and I hated the "crease" it had at the top of the mod, perfect for channeling juice into the battery chamber in the event of a leak. I didn't even own that one for a week till I traded it for a RX 200S, and I hate that one too. Battery life is half of what I get on a regular 200 or DNA.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For me, it was the Sigelei 75.

I bought it when I was first really getting into TC, and I only had a few other mods to compare too, so at first I did like it. I soon realised though it had the worst battery life imaginable, and I honestly would say it is only suitable for use as a 30W mod.

Even then, at around half battery on the display, I get low battery warnings and the mod won't fire. I don't know if I got a dud, or they are all this bad, but it is one of my mods that never gets used now.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the sunglasses rule applies to mods as well. Take the nice ones with you someplace, guaranteed to lose them, drop them down a hole, back over them, forget it on the roof of the car or some other crazy shit. A cheap one? That'll be the one someone would spot fall, it wouldn't have the dignity to break when it hit the ground and someone would follow you for 100mi just to hand it back to you at the next gas station lmao. Like a bad penny.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Smok M80. The M80 part says it all. TC worked "sort of" and it vented while charging.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think the sunglasses rule applies to mods as well. Take the nice ones with you someplace, guaranteed to lose them, drop them down a hole, back over them, forget it on the roof of the car or some other crazy shit. A cheap one? That'll be the one someone would spot fall, it wouldn't have the dignity to break when it hit the ground and someone would follow you for 100mi just to hand it back to you at the next gas station lmao. Like a bad penny.
Yep this is exactly why one should never fall into the "Shiny" mode again to some degree surely form factor is interesting the thing that is missing from all MOds and that means "All" is they are really very simple devices and no amount of stabilized wood leather wrap, carbon fiber or Splooge from last nights partner splattered on the side can make these devices worth the cost.. any mod over 60.00 is too much

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No one else has said it, so I will....the iStick 50 was absolutely the worst mod I've ever owned for the entire two weeks I was able to use it before it croaked. Fortunately it didn't go out with a BANG like so many others, mine just died in its sleep one day.
Other than that, I HATED the Reuleaux RX 2/3. I love my RX 200's, I have three of those and a DNA that I absolutely love. But the battery door on the 2/3 was near impossible to get off and back on, and I hated the "crease" it had at the top of the mod, perfect for channeling juice into the battery chamber in the event of a leak. I didn't even own that one for a week till I traded it for a RX 200S, and I hate that one too. Battery life is half of what I get on a regular 200 or DNA.
I never understood the move to the Istick all of them..The only thing that makes sense for getting this mod at the time was the "I" in the name I think the marketing psychology caught many people the same as Apples capitalization using the "I" I stopped the crazed run for things and only use the RX series for the last year my RX 200 is now the longest lasting mod I have .. Much of it hast to do with form factor and the extended battery life I just vape way to much to use a dual battery mod without having to carry batteries around like the old days .. :)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never understood the move to the Istick all of them..The only thing that makes sense for getting this mod at the time was the "I" in the name I think the marketing psychology caught many people the same as Apples capitalization using the "I" I stopped the crazed run for things and only use the RX series for the last year my RX 200 is now the longest lasting mod I have .. Much of it hast to do with form factor and the extended battery life I just vape way to much to use a dual battery mod without having to carry batteries around like the old days .. :)
I know! I have a couple dozen mods collecting dust while I keep going back to the RX 200...Except when I'm using the new Alien. Battery life on that one is a little better than most 2-batt mods, but it's still no Reuleaux.

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had a new dna75 lost vape therion for maybe a week, after which it lived up to its name and I lost it i believe whilst I walked my insane 9 month old half husky half black lab... or rather, she walks me and bounces off everyone and everything and it must have fallen out my pocket $fml....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had a new dna75 lost vape therion for maybe a week, after which it lived up to its name and I lost it i believe whilst I walked my insane 9 month old half husky half black lab... or rather, she walks me and bounces off everyone and everything and it must have fallen out my pocket $fml....

haha Huskies I relate man we are AKC Husky breeders I have 5 mentally ill Huskies and more coming
two weeks ago one ate the neighbors chihuahua a tray cat got in the yard and you do not want to know what happened it never ends if only I knew this when we started this 6 years ago

Mowgli

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
2 out my 5 Vamos stopped working.
I sold off 2 and still have 1 that the middle ring's threads munched away on it so 18350 only.
Never any problem with IPV or RX200
Never had DNA
SMY God 180 is triple 18650 but won't do under .5Ω, has screws to swap batteries

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My worst was the original sigelei mini 30w. The 510 treads were zinc plated with ss and started wearing down in 2 weeks. My 2nd is the smok alien it won't fire ss in tc lower than 0.1 ohm.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
post deleted, was a joke. I own too many hohm products to call it junk.

Last edited:

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Pissmec... ahem, sorry, Wismec.

My RX200 was absolute trash. A tank never fit properly on the 510... it would wobble, so I had to jerry rig it by putting a large rubber O-ring between the tank and the mod when screwing it in.

Then for god knows what reason, the charging function broke. NOT A GOOD THING when you have a 3 batt device.

Thankfully I got it for cheap, and was actually able to unload it in it's poor state to recover some of my money. But no way, not again, I don't care how fancy those JayBo's get... there's plenty of other reliable products out there.

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

iStick 50 is an old mod. I've had long term success with the newer models, namely the 40TC and the 100TC. I'd probably agree with you a few years back, but eLeaf has stepped up their game and put forth some more intriguing (and reliable) devices.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
RX200...while I never had an issue with the 510, the wiring is just crap, above 60 or 70 watts it turns into a hand warmer, tiny screen and "venting" that is covered by the battery sled

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

My RX200 was absolute trash. A tank never fit properly on the 510... it would wobble, so I had to jerry rig it by putting a large rubber O-ring between the tank and the mod when screwing it in.

Then for god knows what reason, the charging function broke. NOT A GOOD THING when you have a 3 batt device.

Thankfully I got it for cheap, and was actually able to unload it in it's poor state to recover some of my money. But no way, not again, I don't care how fancy those JayBo's get... there's plenty of other reliable products out there.
you surely are one of the few that feels this way my original rx 200 still works fine even though the paint is falling off

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I still am using my RX, just not at higher wattage, I do really like the feel of it in hand

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
you surely are one of the few that feels this way my original rx 200 still works fine even though the paint is falling off
Not really. Broken rx threads here are a dime a dozen. Not to mention some dude on Facebook charges 60 bucks to upgrade/repair the rc with a fat daddy 510 and thicker wiring and he's backlogged from requests. It's a pretty common issue and a good reason why I never recommend those mods personally

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
haha Huskies I relate man we are AKC Husky breeders I have 5 mentally ill Huskies and more coming
two weeks ago one ate the neighbors chihuahua a tray cat got in the yard and you do not want to know what happened it never ends if only I knew this when we started this 6 years ago
Yep, our little girl eats everything she's sees... it's going to be the end of her one day for real. I take at least one bottle of juice daily from her teeth, mods too, diapers, trash, paper towels are her fave..

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yep, our little girl eats everything she's sees... it's going to be the end of her one day for real. I take at least one bottle of juice daily from her teeth, mods too, diapers, trash, paper towels are her fave..

Ohh yeah they have eaten so much ejuice its insane they ate a Vamo a IPV V2 I found in the back yard in the bizzarre h
Not really. Broken rx threads here are a dime a dozen. Not to mention some dude on Facebook charges 60 bucks to upgrade/repair the rc with a fat daddy 510 and thicker wiring and he's backlogged from requests. It's a pretty common issue and a good reason why I never recommend those mods personally

Anyone that would pay 60.00 to upgrade to a FatDaddy on a throw away mod is insane I have found many people blame mods on their own abuse these are low cost cheap mods but then again I have DNA 200's that have the same connector and same cheap setup.. I did notice that on the RX 300 they have somewhat upgraded the connector

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Ohh yeah they have eaten so much ejuice its insane they ate a Vamo a IPV V2 I found in the back yard in the bizzarre h

Anyone that would pay 60.00 to upgrade to a FatDaddy on a throw away mod is insane I have found many people blame mods on their own abuse these are low cost cheap mods but then again I have DNA 200's that have the same connector and same cheap setup.. I did notice that on the RX 300 they have somewhat upgraded the connector
It's not just the 510. He also swaps out the internal wiring. Point is its a well known issue on the mod. I understand it's a cheap throwaway but many people have just 1 mod and depend on it to keep them off tobacco.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

You charge the RX by the USB, big no no. You only charge the batteries by the USB when in a pinch, charge external.
As for the 510, like all JoyTech's shit, the 510 pins are total junk. You just need to insure you don't over tighten it. I've had my RX since they first came out and it's till a work horse even though I only use it as a portable build/pulse platform since diving into Mech's. Most of my friends who have them they're still kicking.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I paid $50 to get my DNA Reuleaux upgraded, that was worth it. But the RX, I cold see someone do it for the RX. I hear the argument that why on a throw away. Well to be perfectly honest doing that to an RX it would no longer be a throw away. You do have people paying $200+ for regulated mod's ;)

Mowgli

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never had a problem with the RX200 connector but almost broke my first RX200S when I tried to install a Crown Tank. The RX200S 510 pin is about 1mm taller than the 200. My Aromamizers all work fine on the 200S. Their 510 is about 1mm shorter than the Crown's.

Here's Daniel DJLsb's 510 charts

http://www.djlsbvapes.com/510-connectors-length/

gtrpickr

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I would have to say the vamo mine had a 510 that only liked certain tanks or you had to play around with it loosening and tightening in hopes it would work.

VU Sponsors