Become a Patron!

The worst Regulated Mod you have ever bought and why!

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Relax.[/QUOTE]
The Bad: Kamry k200 tube mod. I paid 85 bucks for it at a vape shop in Panama City on vacation because sand got in the switch of the one I was carrying. It lasted 6 monthes before the 510 wobbles and the dead fire button forced me to buy a good one.

The Good: EGO T18650 mod. 45 dollars for a tube that would either go unregulated or 3.4 volts regulated. I bought 2 of them, vaped them 2 years and finally retired them for a SVD.

Innokin SVD: I dropped this thing about a million times on its head, ran it over accidently with the work truck and it kept going. Abandoned it for a Coolfire 4 after the switch started going South on me. Wore out 3 sets of batteries.

Innokin Coolfire 4. Although only 40 watts, I bought this with a Kayfun Lite V2 (OEM) and vaped it for 2 years. About 7 monthes ago (1 year and a half of use) it started acting wonky after charging it so I replaced it with 2 Ipower 80's and a pair of Tanks.( Avocado 24 and Boreas.)

Innokin IPOWER 80. see above.

Now if you want a list of crappy atomizers, I got lots of material.
That freaking SVD I forgot about that POS it was always that cool switch it looked so awesome but just sucked ass I had 3 each one one after another failed

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
LOL She knows how to push my buttons.
I've never hit a woman in my life but I occasionally break shit.
She was way over to my left, I looked around and saw the mirror in the bedroom.
Hard as I could throw it. Changed the glass in the tank and vaped that shit.
Fucking horrified when I saw how close it was.
I wonder if I can request to get your name changed to the VApeKilla
giphy.gif

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I forgot about the Hana one... That plastic piece of shit dna40...
The buttons fell through 48 hours after I got it....

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I forgot about the Hana one... That plastic piece of shit dna40...
The buttons fell through 48 hours after I got it....
what you talking bout @f1r3b1rd that mod was so hot dude yeah it gave me 2nd degree burns when it decided to go nutz vent a battery it was Hot as hell !! (no Im not joking .. I guess I should put that in a thread called vape 911)

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
what you talking bout @f1r3b1rd that mod was so hot dude yeah it gave me 2nd degree burns when it decided to go nutz vent a battery it was Hot as hell !! (no Im not joking .. I guess I should put that in a thread called vape 911)
Mine didn't last long enough to get to room temperature. Lol

tejas

Member For 3 Years
1) Fuchai 213. I use Temp Control, TC doesn't work... :gaah:

2) Won a contest, and received the wrong item... the Blue, iJoy Maxo.
IMG_1.jpg
Ugly as a mud fence. A 4 battery mod, made of plastic.
No way I'm putting batteries in this.

Last edited:

Mowgli

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

View attachment 71262
mud fence lol

Tacky as it gets, looks almost like diamond plate on this one

tacky Ijoy.jpg

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Worst for me was a 50w Kbox Mini. I dropped the stupid thing 3 FT, INSIDE my purse, and it was fucking BROKEN. I've HURLED A coolfire IV about 5 ft onto concrete, and it was still as good as new, so there's no excuse for such a gentle fall destroying the kbox mini. Piece of crap!

Andria

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years

View attachment 71262

It actually came like that from the factory? Do they really try to sell it to people in stores like that, or is it just a special, magic mushroom induced version for the lucky winners?:confused:

tejas

Member For 3 Years
It actually came like that from the factory? Do they really try to sell it to people in stores like that, or is it just a special, magic mushroom induced version for the lucky winners?:confused:

That is one of the options, yes. But I didn't win the Maxo at all, I won a Pico, and a Griffin 25+, which I eventually received.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Worst for me was a 50w Kbox Mini. I dropped the stupid thing 3 FT, INSIDE my purse, and it was fucking BROKEN. I've HURLED A coolfire IV about 5 ft onto concrete, and it was still as good as new, so there's no excuse for such a gentle fall destroying the kbox mini. Piece of crap!

Andria
I dropped my black wrecker g2 about 8 times now. the other morning I left the wrecker on the hood of the truck, loaded up the kids started the truck and it fell off the hood hit the floor sounded like a bomb (because the box is aluminium) door flew off batteries flew out. a new smash mark on one of the corners. stick the batteries back in and it turns right back on lol I swear it's bullet proof (not literally). I don't really have a mod that's a piece of crap, well I guess I could choose the smok SID its junk and never worked accurately giving me errors with tanks etc (I have had this thing for like a drcade).

Last edited:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I dropped my black wrecker g2 about 8 times now. the other morning I left the wrecker on the hood of the truck, loaded up the kids started the truck and it fell off the hood hit the floor sounded like a bomb (because the box is aluminium) door flew off batteries flew out. a new smash mark on one of the corners. stick the batteries back in and it turns right back on lol I swear it's bullet proof (not literally). I don't really have a mod that's a piece of crap, well I guess I could choose the smok SID its junk and never worked accurately giving me errors with tanks etc (I have had this thing for like a drcade).

Yeah that Coolfire IV that hit the concrete, hit it HARD, positively hurled from my lap with terrific momentum when I got out of our truck, forgetting I had it stuck between my thighs. Ooops. :D But no harm done, except a little ding on the bottom edge. Fortunately I also had it topped with an Achilles, titanium, and had a black delrin knucklehead driptip in it -- the driptip popped apart, so I popped it back together, and went right on vaping, though I had to settle the wicks in the Achilles so they weren't just all over the place, but down in the well. :giggle:

Innokin could teach other mod makers how it's done!

Andria

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The original Lavatube. 70 bucks for the cheapest P.O.S. !!! But that was 6 years ago :D

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
yeah you do that Hohmwrecker you were trying to sell

Kangertech Nebox (AKA Leakbox) it was cool I had just started vaping I was looking to upgrade from a Kangertech Subvod and thought oh cool its all contained with a large capacity tank. Now I know it has a large capacity tank just so you can get a few hits off of it. Set it down as per the manual you get a puddle. turn it upside down to charge, you guessed it puddle.

Stringplucker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
SMY260...hands down, the worst mod I've ever bought, in all categories. Batteries would shift, breaking contact and risking becoming a bomb, and the electronics inside left much to be desired. The pulsing over a certain wattage made it feel like there was a bee stuck in your atomizer, begging to get out.

I was thrilled when I bought it, as I was one of the first in the region to get one. I was much happier the day I sold it, since the buyer was willing to give me $100 for a 6 month old mod.

I swore off SMY after that...

Mowgli

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
SMY260...hands down, the worst mod I've ever bought, in all categories. Batteries would shift, breaking contact and risking becoming a bomb, and the electronics inside left much to be desired. The pulsing over a certain wattage made it feel like there was a bee stuck in your atomizer, begging to get out.

I was thrilled when I bought it, as I was one of the first in the region to get one. I was much happier the day I sold it, since the buyer was willing to give me $100 for a 6 month old mod.

Not surprised. I traded some old Kanger Subtank stuff for a GOD180.
Bad decision. Screws hold the door on, nothing under .5Ω works for me.
I usually research the hell out of anything I get, that time I snoozed and got burned.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Wasnt that the piece of shit that would not fire below .5 ohms

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I've been pretty lucky with mods but i just remembered i had an eleaf istick 60w at some point and that thing was trash

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ohhh I have another to add
Second worst mod I have had
Hana Mods 30watt DNA chip clone thingy that thing went nutz gave me 1st degree burns it stuck on fire would not stop I had to throw the mod outside then it vented the scary part it was not the button something went amiss with the chip

Stringplucker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
SMY260 fired 0.3 and above. The door had screws, but also had magnets. I took the screws out and kept them in the case it came with, which was probably the nicest case I've ever come across.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I guess I'd have to say the worst I have ever bought was the Smok Treebox Mini. I bought a pair of them for the wife and me, and as pretty as they are, they are lacking in several areas. My biggest beef is the mods were originally advertised as having a micro USB connector and don't so no updating of firmware, and the efficiency is not very good either as they blow through batteries way faster than any of my other single battery mods. I do see that the new Treebox dual battery mods are updatable, but I haven't been able to convince myself to take a chance on it.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
SMY260 fired 0.3 and above. The door had screws, but also had magnets. I took the screws out and kept them in the case it came with, which was probably the nicest case I've ever come across.
I remember I wanted it when it first came out and waited thank god

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I guess I'd have to say the worst I have ever bought was the Smok Treebox Mini. I bought a pair of them for the wife and me, and as pretty as they are, they are lacking in several areas. My biggest beef is the mods were originally advertised as having a micro USB connector and don't so no updating of firmware, and the efficiency is not very good either as they blow through batteries way faster than any of my other single battery mods. I do see that the new Treebox dual battery mods are updatable, but I haven't been able to convince myself to take a chance on it.
Wasnt that the wood one I always liked that thing never got one though

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lavabox DNA75.
Piece of shit!
I have a single 18650 Kanger(!) that can vape at 75W better than this thing.
Sure if you want to vape at 40-50W then its fine.
Higher you set it the more likely it will start flashing the battery on you.
The battery % is all over the place as well.
I will either sell it or take the DNA board out and put in another box with a proper (lipo) power source.

Stringplucker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lavabox DNA75.
Piece of shit!
I have a single 18650 Kanger(!) that can vape at 75W better than this thing.
Sure if you want to vape at 40-50W then its fine.
Higher you set it the more likely it will start flashing the battery on you.
The battery % is all over the place as well.
I will either sell it or take the DNA board out and put in another box with a proper (lipo) power source.

I've got the same chip in the Therion, which is set up as a parallel dual cell configuration. I vape mine at 60W in TC and can get about 8 hours of use the way I vape. So, there is that option of added battery life if you don't like Lipo.

I haven't had a single cell mod in years due to battery life...

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My worst one was Vamo V2.
Had a cheap chrome plating that pealed off, exposing the copper underneath which gave me green hands.
Thank god it broke down after just a few months of use so I could toss the damn thing.

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My worst one was Vamo V2.
Had a cheap chrome plating that pealed off, exposing the copper underneath which gave me green hands.
Thank god it broke down after just a few months of use so I could toss the damn thing.
I had a few of those, I remember when the cutting edge 15 watt vamo/protank set ups were top level gear. I still have a vamo around here somewhere, couple brand new protanks also, if I wait another year or so maybe they will be worth something as retro gear and I can buy myself a nice pack of gum.

VU Sponsors