Become a Patron!

There's a lot of new crap coming out every day

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Am I the only one overwhelmed by all the new shit being released ever freaking day? Every day there's new RDAs, RTA, tanks, mech tubes, mech box mods, regulated mods, squonkers, and on and on. It's hard to keep up and it's also difficult to keep the shinyitis at bay.

On the other hand all of the new stuff is indicative of a thriving industry.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Am I the only one overwhelmed by all the new shit being released ever freaking day? Every day there's new RDAs, RTA, tanks, mech tubes, mech box mods, regulated mods, squonkers, and on and on. It's hard to keep up and it's also difficult to keep the shinyitis at bay.

Once you find your "vape nirvana," there is no need to succumb to shinyitis nor even pay much attention to all the new crap, which is much like the old crap, though sometimes in new colors. :D Buy a new mod yearly, new batteries too... buy flavors for DIY and keep supplies stocked (wire, wick, PG/VG, nicotine). That's all you need.

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Like the old saying.................. There is an Ass for every toilet seat~!

Gold-Toilet-Seat-Glitter-Resin-Decorative-Novelty-Fancy-Luxury-Solid-HOIS48878-1.jpg

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Haven’t been too impressed by much lately. Did get my mom and wife the nunchaku mod and the innokin zenith tank. Nice to see a quality and affordable, adjustable power tube mod finally. Everything seems to be beginner pod crap or typical big air stuff. Had to piece together a decent mtl setup for new vapers that a vet wouldn’t mind using. Would like to see some better squonk mods come out. Most I’ve seen suck. Oh well.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't bought any new hardware for months as I'm also over the obsession. The only thing I want is a solid quality, mid-range cost, single battery DNA 75c squonk.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was doing well keeping the shinyitis at bay. Was content with my Boreas and wasn't looking for anything, but an Authentic Reload slipped into the mix somehow.

Then I discovered salts and dusted off the ol v1 Goblin Mini, and wouldn't you know it, a Cthulhu Hastur mini followed me home not long after.

Then, I realized I didn't have enough mods for all of these tanks and figured PWM would be interesting, so ordered a Creator PWM series mod...

...and the ol Rx200 is getting a little long in the tooth, so have been seriously considering having a custom lipo pwm mod built.

Crap. I think I've been reinfected with the shinies!

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not overwhelmed, I'm underwhelmed. Most all being released for a while is hyped rehashing of the same shit. I've been very selective of what I get for a while now.

Best recommendation is to try something that may interest you. Myself my main focus on quality and performance.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was doing well keeping the shinyitis at bay. Was content with my Boreas and wasn't looking for anything, but an Authentic Reload slipped into the mix somehow.

Then I discovered salts and dusted off the ol v1 Goblin Mini, and wouldn't you know it, a Cthulhu Hastur mini followed me home not long after.

Then, I realized I didn't have enough mods for all of these tanks and figured PWM would be interesting, so ordered a Creator PWM series mod...

...and the ol Rx200 is getting a little long in the tooth, so have been seriously considering having a custom lipo pwm mod built.

Crap. I think I've been reinfected with the shinies!

Ooops!!

images.jpg

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think it's great for those that like to have the latest gear to add to their collection. Some folks truly enjoy having a collection and it ain't wrong.

That said I'm rather meh with most of what's coming out. Not impressed by mods with blinky lights or a speaker so the rave crave doesn't appeal to me. When it comes to attys I'm picky so most of what's out there doesn't appeal to me but there are some that do interest me and may pick up at some point.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think it's great for those that like to have the latest gear to add to their collection. Some folks truly enjoy having a collection and it ain't wrong.
That said I'm rather meh with most of what's coming out. Not impressed by mods with blinky lights or a speaker so the rave crave doesn't appeal to me. When it comes to attys I'm picky so most of what's out there doesn't appeal to me but there are some that do interest me and may pick up at some point.

Natural Immunity to Shinyitis?

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

You're certainly not the only one, but as you can see from the replies in this thread not everyone is :)

I've been vaping for 6 years, know what I like and what hardware gets me there. I do still look at the new stuff, but I can tell pretty quickly if it may be for me or not. I typically give in to shinyitis once a year or so just for S & G'les, but that's about it. Mostly that goes well for me, but I believe I have a realistic expectation of what hardware can do with juice and I don't expect any of the new stuff to rock my vape world.

Yup, and that's a great ting :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You're certainly not the only one, but as you can see from the replies in this thread not everyone is :)

I've been vaping for 6 years, know what I like and what hardware gets me there. I do still look at the new stuff, but I can tell pretty quickly if it may be for me or not. I typically give in to shinyitis once a year or so just for S & G'les, but that's about it. Mostly that goes well for me, but I believe I have a realistic expectation of what hardware can do with juice and I don't expect any of the new stuff to rock my vape world.

Yup, and that's a great ting :)

I'm really looking forward to walking into a vape shop with my new 100w Aegis... and watching their faces when I exhale my 9.6w "cloud." :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

;)
Andria

VapinSteveO

Member For 1 Year
Just like how the computers are.. I seeb the other day it said something about ir on a mod.. not sure why u neec a ir sensor on one. Maybe you can turn it on in the other room an vape it invisibly lol.. i dunno strange.. unless it tell u the thickness of your cloud or some shit like that.

-VapinSteveo-

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm really looking forward to walking into a vape shop with my new 100w Aegis... and watching their faces when I exhale my 9.6w "cloud." :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

;)
Andria

It would be even more impressive with my 100% PG juices :D

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It would be even more impressive with my 100% PG juices :D

You're probably right; I tried 90% PG once, but a) the "cloud" was just too thin, even for me, and b) after I vaped that for about a week-ish, my throat was bright cherry red, and both my throat and the inside of my nose and sinuses felt like I'd snorted some Drano or something, and it took about 2 wks to clear up, even after I went to 80% PG for a week before going back to my then-usual 85%. So I do understand that too much PG really irritates some people; it just takes a hellacious lot of it to bother me. But my 87% PG clouds are pretty thin too... roughly, quite similar to exhaling cigarette smoke, but dissipates faster (and smells a hellacious lot better!)

Andria

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Think it’s been this way for some time ...I haven’t noticed much difference in the volume of new products released, perhaps more companies coming to market though...the market is flooded with choice which is a blessing in that costs are kept low, but a hinderance in that that picking a product is like wading through treacle especially when someone asks what the best is now.

Instead of focussing on the numbers I personally try to keep an eye out between the cracks where decent or unique products appear every now and then, everything in between is small gains and noise compared to gear I’ve used before ... find this helps keep me sane at least.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't been too impressed. Sometimes there reaches a point where it's all been done before so hard to come out with a true 'game changer', whether it's a tank, rda or mod. Just seems like the same shit by the dozens. Slap a new name on it, it comes in black, silver, blue, green, red and maybe purple. Throw a $40-50 price tag on it and hype it until the next line of crap comes out.

With mods, not sure if the quality of higher end mainstream (yihi/dna types like lostvape, p4u) is dropping, if lower/mid end mainstream are getting better or a bit of both. I have noticed prices in general have been creeping up the past year. Used to be you could grab various mods like the alien, battlestar, charon and a number of others for around $35-40ish. Now I'm seeing them in the $50-60 range. Quite a price jump and they didn't magically become 'better'.

Tanks (rta's) are growing more disappointing in some ways. Rarely do they have juice flow control, threading on some are kind of halfassed. They're using more basic designs with less metal, less material and charging as much or more than previous models. Even the lower end rta's of the past felt more solid, better put together. Smoother afc, jfc.

Every reviewer out there has their name slapped across some sort of atomizer (or 3 or 4). I'm pretty certain there's like 3 companies. lol. They just keep popping up with new names. You have the ijoy, eleaf, wismec family. The geekvape/vandyvape group. I guess smoant or a division of them is now putting out mods under the name rincoe, not sure what they were before smoant but I thought it was another company. Reminds me of spam. Get spam from Jenny121, block it and bam new email from Jenny122. Yea, ok. :p

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I guess it's been a good year for fans of mesh coils, and those with alternative wicking materials, but they are more alike than different. Same goes for the multitude of open and a few closed pod systems.

As for the mainstream, big air tanks on mods with lights and color screens only goes so far.

As a comparison, with same juice, I compared my Valyrian to an older se1 (from the much maligned Rafale/Crown 2 family). They say vaping is subjective, but the flavor on the old school tank is so much better that it's not even close. Finding the fixed final version of the Crown 2 coils, however, is problematic.

Not much factory support these days for the tfv4, Crown 2, or Herakles/H+ coils. Even the tfv8 cloud beast is getting thin on the ground, though compatible coils exist.

Also, with the China trade situation, prices should continue to increase. Sure, there are enemies in the FDA, nonprofits, politics, and media. But- the industry is basically a one source supplier being Shenzhen. That could be a bigger threat than the others.

VU Sponsors