Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Copied from Steve Lazybones Strange post

Attention truckers. I'm putting a shop on blast. Stay away from e Titan vapors. In Nebraska and North Dakota. There selling clones as authentics at authentic prices. And ripping truckers off. If you know a vaping trucker share the word. Point in case. Zna30 a mod clone only 18500 tube.being sold at the authentic price. Ipv3 189.99 share with everyone. .https://www.facebook.com/e.titan.llc
You can follow the FB post also here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/NotRecommendedVendorsAndProducts/permalink/738717159530681/

Captureh4h44.JPG

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yet another B&M shop ripping off hard working people.. WHAT A SURPRISE!

Call the BBB and report these shysters!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
And they are selling the CE crap a well. Wonder what they are charging for those little beauties.

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
And they are selling the CE crap a well. Wonder what they are charging for those little beauties.
Now I know what you're talking about I have to say them so called " CE Crap" got me and I'm sure many others into vaping...In fact the guy that was working for me a few weeks ago and who i got vaping from a pack on stinks a day started with a CE4 on a ego...Yes I picked it out for him because he was on a budget and he didn't want to spend a lot of money on something he might not like... but they are a lot better then the blu and other ones like them...within 2 weeks he jump from that to a MVP and a kanger mt3;)

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I run into B&M's who do this all the time , it's much more widespread than people think. Problem is that many people don't know any better and the better clones look like the real deal these days .

B&M's also tell you replacement heads are authentic and clones of Pro Tanks are authentic when they clearly are not , it's really bad . It's like walking into a car repair shop and saying i know nothing about cars , just tell me what it costs to fix it .

Your just asking to be ripped off.

slushpuppy77

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is what will turn people back to analog. You go in and buy a pack of whatever's you know there whatever's. There needs to be no honesty during the transaction. When dealing with authentic and clones there should be no question about anything. I've actually gone into a local BM Vape Bar Escape trying to sell my brother in-law a Kayfun as authentic. Had all the nice packaging said Kayfun all over it and everything. Problem was I had purchased an authentic Kayfun recently and knew that Svoemesto does not have "nice" packaging. These were not distributed by Vape Rev at all. FAKES! I pulled mine out of my pocket showed him the laser VR on bottom. He than proceeds to tell me mines a fake. Holly shit! This guys going all out! So as not to embarrass the guy in front of the rest of his customers I conceded. I then noticed all of the juice was zero nic. This peeked my interest enough to ask. Then I was explained that they add there own nicotine. I said WHAT! To name brand juices? You fuck with the proprietary blend and add sub par nicotine? Does zero nic ejuice cost that much less? I really could not believe what I was hearing. It was time to leave and never go back. I felt bad for every customer I walked past as we left. Well theve done good enough to open a second location since then by ripping people off. Good going Vape Bar Escape!

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now I know what you're talking about I have to say them so called " CE Crap" got me and I'm sure many others into vaping...In fact the guy that was working for me a few weeks ago and who i got vaping from a pack on stinks a day started with a CE4 on a ego...Yes I picked it out for him because he was on a budget and he didn't want to spend a lot of money on something he might not like... but they are a lot better then the blu and other ones like them...within 2 weeks he jump from that to a MVP and a kanger mt3;)
CE.. the stamp they put on chinese exports...I think he means all the chinese junk that the B&M sell.

WiSK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
CE.. the stamp they put on chinese exports...I think he means all the chinese junk that the B&M sell.

The CE mark means Conformité Européennes which indicates a product conforms to European directives. Any product, made in China or America or Timbuktoo, needs this mark before it can be imported to and sold in Europe.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When someone shows CE4s in his add, it's always a bad sign.

slushpuppy77

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Try to sell knock off name brands and see what happens to you. They put you in jail. Why shouldn't this be any different you sell something as what it's not it's called fraud.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
May have something to do with vaping gear not being regulated, not sure about patented or trademarked though

erika jean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Try to sell knock off name brands and see what happens to you. They put you in jail. Why shouldn't this be any different you sell something as what it's not it's called fraud.

May have something to do with vaping gear not being regulated, not sure about patented or trademarked though
I was just about to say the same thing. Try to sell fake Coach purse's and get caught go to jail. Every woman owns a purse. Purse's are a widely accepted part of this world. There's more than enough people to get mad at this type of thing and be able to get that situation cleared up. Try to sell a fake mod and someone may notice but I doubt they call up the feds to report them or for the feds to even give a rat's ass.

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Counterfeits and 'clones' are widely accepted in the vape community. Without vapers wanting to buy a genuine mod or atty for pennies on the dollar, the 'clone' market wouldn't exist. It is a consumer driven problem, not the vendors who are selling what vapers want...

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was just about to say the same thing. Try to sell fake Coach purse's and get caught go to jail. Every woman owns a purse. Purse's are a widely accepted part of this world. There's more than enough people to get mad at this type of thing and be able to get that situation cleared up. Try to sell a fake mod and someone may notice but I doubt they call up the feds to report them or for the feds to even give a rat's ass.

The feds have the designer houses crawling up their ass and threatening political action. Vapers and vape companies don't have that clout, nor would we want to anyway.

erika jean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Counterfeits and 'clones' are widely accepted in the vape community. Without vapers wanting to buy a genuine mod or atty for pennies on the dollar, the 'clone' market wouldn't exist. It is a consumer driven problem, not the vendors who are selling what vapers want...
Sad but true... and a very well-written statement.

erika jean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is one of the reasons why vaping is seen as a subculture, rather than mainstream...
I can see that. So we're either in the tobacco category or we're apart of the subculture? Well I don't know about all of you but I'd like to be the latter. Buy from a reputable source, take your chances, or just buy a clone. The ONLY other choices you have are not vaping, or rising up and playing tattle tale to lady liberty and then you're probably not going to be vaping then either.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Tobacco culture or vaping subculture, I will be a part of the latter as well before going back to tobacco.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can see that. So we're either in the tobacco category or we're apart of the subculture? Well I don't know about all of you but I'd like to be the latter. Buy from a reputable source, take your chances, or just buy a clone. The ONLY other choices you have are not vaping, or rising up and playing tattle tale to lady liberty and then you're probably not going to be vaping then either.

Or vapers could just stop buying 'clones' and bring a little authenticity to the industry and movement...

erika jean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Or vapers could just stop buying 'clones' and bring a little authenticity to the industry and movement...
I wish EVERYONE else wanted to do the same...but instead they want to buy cheap. I don't think it's so much as money situation (with a little money 're'mamagement you can save or find the money) as it is you see a steal of a deal and how could you say no when it's less than half the price? Of course it's less than half the price you idiot. Would you buy a mouse for the same price as you would a giraffe? No because they are not the same thing. And if you are so g-damn cheap then move to Missouri and start smoking again. At $2.74 a pack I'm sure it's cheaper than whatever clone you were gonna buy.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Clones have their place in vaping, so do authentics. Telling vapers to save their pennies to eventually buy an authentic is really not a realistic expectation. The market is saturated with both good and bad clones, good and bad authentics. When the Nemesis was the hot mod to have, a huge amount of people wanted one, but the manufacturer could not and would not scale up manufacturing to meet demand, so lots of clones were produced. As in all markets, it's supply vs demand. High demand, scarce products, high prices. We can debate clones vs authentics and keep beating that deceased equine, or accept that both play a role in vaping.

erika jean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Clones have their place in vaping, so do authentics. Telling vapers to save their pennies to eventually buy an authentic is really not a realistic expectation. The market is saturated with both good and bad clones, good and bad authentics. When the Nemesis was the hot mod to have, a huge amount of people wanted one, but the manufacturer could not and would not scale up manufacturing to meet demand, so lots of clones were produced. As in all markets, it's supply vs demand. High demand, scarce products, high prices. We can debate clones vs authentics and keep beating that deceased equine, or accept that both play a role in vaping.

And I'm willing to let it stand. It's not like steam's gonna blow out my ears every time someone buys one intentionally, but when people do start frantically typing until their fingers bleed because they were told they were buying an authentic mod which in fact that's not what they paid for you can reply to them "well that's just supply vs demand." because that's where/why it all started right? And that's where the problem lies and why I'd have to say Steve is right about this one. When the name means so much but the product does not how does that figure? Give it another name or hell just simply write 'clone' on it.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And I'm willing to let it stand. It's not like steam's gonna blow out my ears every time someone buys one intentionally, but when people do start frantically typing until their fingers bleed because they were told they were buying an authentic mod which in fact that's not what they paid for you can reply to them "well that's just supply vs demand." because that's where/why it all started right? And that's where the problem lies and why I'd have to say Steve is right about this one. When the name means so much but the product does not how does that figure? Give it another name or hell just simply write 'clone' on it.

The good news is that the Chinese companies are starting to catch on. Sigelei, Steam Crave, Wotofo, Wismec, Joyetech, Innokin and Smoktech all make affordable and original products that are within reach of just about anyone who wants to try vaping (or go further down the rabbit hole!). Generally speaking, I can't afford to buy a $200 mod with a $75 RDA. I think the garbage is starting to get weeded out.

All that said, no excuse pushing a clone as authentic. We can't afford that kind of stain on our reputation as a community. Best thing to do is spread the word and not shop there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erika jean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The good news is that the Chinese companies are starting to catch on. Sigelei, Steam Crave, Wotofo, Wismec, Joyetech, Innokin and Smoktech all make affordable and original products that are within reach of just about anyone who wants to try vaping (or go further down the rabbit hole!). Generally speaking, I can't afford to buy a $200 mod with a $75 RDA. I think the garbage is starting to get weeded out.

All that said, no excuse pushing a clone as authentic. We can't afford that kind of stain on our reputation as a community. Best thing to do is spread the word and not shop there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nicely stated. I'm not gonna spend that much either. And it seems like a lot of those companies are doing pretty good for themselves as far as satisfied customers go.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I own clones and authentics, knowing full well what I was buying and everything has served me well. However anyone selling something clone or not at a huge markup is just bad business. 100 w istick for $100, really? I've seen it. That's the problem we run in to is shops selling stuff at way too high a price. Although the other side of that coin is eBay sellers selling really bad clones with really bad batteries for dirt cheap, causing an accident waiting to happen.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

When a vaper buys a clone billed as an Authentic, well that's fraud. Has nothing to do with what I stated as "Supply and Demand". Supply and demand merely dictates that a scarce product will have competition and of course clones or counterfeits. Manufacturers are now making their own products that are quality and not based off of other manufacturers mods, but the issue with clones still exists because there is a market force driving it. I'm all for logoless clones, the few I own with the exception of a Brass Nemesis, are logoless.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
There was a time not long ago where buying an inexpensive quality rba was impossible. The choices, at least that I saw were.
Clearimizer, kayfun, taifun, aqua, squape...or cartos, or clones
That's pretty much all I saw when I started. There also wasn't much of a vape culture in my area and trying to have a conversation on ecf about anything either got you harassed, kicked off or bad advice. So, I was using clones to figure out what I liked. Now, I can usually tell what I am going to like and while I don't buy clones anymore, I buy based on what the performance should be.

to show its buyer driven:
Erlkoenigin had a great idea, they put out there own clone u der the name erlprinze. It came out just before the erlk clones hit the market; bur, people would rather buy a 20$ clone than a 40$ authentic, made by the same people making the 160$ authentic

Another issue is demand. Everytime I go to buy a velocity they are out of stock- and that happens with alot of attys.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry, but there are clones in most every aspect of bling culture. To say that clones are hurting vaping is ridiculous. Purses, cloths, watches, jewelry, shoes and etc are all cloned.

I don't think the rich bitch walking down the street flaunting her bling is worried that the ho across the street wearing the fake shit will turn her fur and diamonds into some sort of freakish subculture.

People treating vape gear as bling makes it a subculture, clones or no clones. Just like the people that are into piercings. Nobody really cares if their nipple rings are authentic. The piercings put them in the subculture, not the authenticity of their bling. Only other people in the piercings subculture care about the authentic. Nobody outside of cloud chasing gives a shit if a cloudchaser's mod is authentic. It's cloudchasing itself that defines the subculture. Saying clones create a subculture is absurd.

And if manufacturers don't want their mods and tanks cloned they should sell them at a price that makes cloning them unprofitable. Price is what makes cloning profitable. The cure is to adjust the price.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
People treating vape gear as bling makes it a subculture, clones or no clones. Just like the people that are into piercings. Nobody really cares if their nipple rings are authentic. The piercings put them in the subculture, not the authenticity of their bling. Only other people in the piercings subculture care about the authentic. Nobody outside of cloud chasing gives a shit if a cloudchaser's mod is authentic. It's cloudchasing itself that defines the subculture. Saying clones create a subculture is absurd.

And if manufacturers don't want their mods and tanks cloned they should sell them at a price that makes cloning them unprofitable. Price is what makes cloning profitable. The cure is to adjust the price.
I agree with that completely in re: Price driving clones. The killer part of the clone universe-and maybe this is a moot point now- but the consistency. That is my primary problem. I wasn't sure on the kf4 and a friend of mine who owns a shop gave 5 of us different clones but didn't tell us which was which. All 5 vaped different. Minor differences, but differences none the less. Build quality was also different on all 5; one, even rusted a little after a few weeks. that's when I went and found an authentic from the classies.

VU Sponsors