Become a Patron!

Thick & Creamy Strawberry Milkshake

MagnumPIE

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I have been trying, with not much luck, to create a thick and creamy strawberry milkshake for awhile now. Most of my recipes just turn out tasting like a strawberry ice cream or even a strawberry milk but I cant seem to nail down that thick milkshake feel while keeping the strawberry as a high note. I'm turning to the masters here like @Smoky Blue and @HeadInClouds for some help. Smoky I tried using your Shamrock Shake recipe as a base, taking out the minty elements and adding some strawberry, and that didn't work. HIC I tried using your vanilla malt base and adding I few different strawberries, and that didn't work lol. I've used CAPS, FA, TFA, and FW flavorings in a ton of different combinations and I have just hit a wall. Any thoughts?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Just like with a real strawberry milkshake, find your personal favorite vanilla ice-cream type flavor/mix/recipe first. If you don't like the vanilla part, adding strawberry won't fix it. As simple as "vanilla" sounds, it's a really complex flavor, and personal opinions about "best vanilla" vary a lot!

MagnumPIE

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have definitely tried this but it just turns out like strawberry ice cream, and I want a true thick and creamy strawberry milkshake. While the strawberry ice cream is good, it just isn't what I am looking for in this instance. I appreciate your reply though.

-Thanks

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
then you need to take all of your flavors, be them vanilla or what have you.. and try them out individual..
start super low and work up till you find your spot, then keep going till you can't stand it anymore..
take notes!!
once you have done that, then you can start mixing 2 together..
slow? yeah.. but rather than me pop off a recipe to you.. and you not like it or other..
then you can put together, by yourself.. something you like.. and can be proud of..
not knowing what you have tried, and what did not work.. hard for anyone to say much..

VU Sponsors