Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I purchased online for $15 as a "Closeout" item from a Chinese company and chose the free E-Packet shipping method at checkout.

45 days later, I came home from work and saw that USPS had dumped it on my front porch and did the best they could to hide it under the welcome mat.

It looked like it had been run over by a truck at least once.

I thought long and hard about using it but it was in such a sad condition that I decided that it was probably unwise and unsafe to do so.

The last thing I needed was for this thing to vent on me if I went to try it!

I contacted the company I purchased it from and they told me that all closeout items are sold "As Is" so I would not be getting a refund or replacement.

I have contacted PayPal and I am waiting to hear from them about getting a refund.

Evil Uncle RJ.jpg

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I purchased online for $15 as a "Closeout" item from a Chinese company and chose the free E-Packet shipping method at checkout.

45 days later, I came home from work and saw that USPS had dumped it on my front porch and did the best they could to hide it under the welcome mat.

It looked like it had been run over by a truck at least once.

I thought long and hard about using it but it was in such a sad condition that I decided that it was probably unwise and unsafe to do so.

The last thing I needed was for this thing to vent on me if I went to try it!

I contacted the company I purchased it from and they told me that all closeout items are sold "As Is" so I would not be getting a refund or replacement.

I have contacted PayPal and I am waiting to hear from them about getting a refund.

View attachment 94990[/QUOTE
Welcome to China shipping...

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I contacted the company I purchased it from and they told me that all closeout items are sold "As Is"
so I would not be getting a refund or replacement.

PayPal is now doing something new, or at least they did with me...
The are negotiating refund amounts as though it is their money. o_O

That's what they did when Cigabuy sent me a partially functioning mod and wouldn't replace it.
PayPal offered me some lesser amount claiming they were gonna issue the refund out of their own pocket.
I think we agreed on a $58 refund on a $72 purchase and I got to keep the mod.

VU Sponsors