Think I am experiencing my first vapers tongue

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Started losing the taste of my puffs about two or three weeks ago.. I know what vapers tongue is and I've tried a few of the remedies I've read online, but nothing. I've been rebuilding for well over a year now, and I've tried numerous builds even changed from custards (my favorite) to fruity but I still can't seem to get any flavor. I've been known to vape 60ml or more a week, but have been vaping less and less due to no taste. Just wanted to hear a few methods if anyone has any that actually worked for you guys.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Water always does it for me, but that's me. Hope there's something in the above link that helps, I know how frustrating that can be.

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Tried sucking on a few lemon slices last night and waiting a few hours which helped a little, but it's back to flavorless-ness. Gona try vaping some menthol flavor I just picked up.

EDIT: Does anyone know how long I'm supposed to stay on this flavor before switching back? Because I'm dying from the menthol :(

Last edited:

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got vape fatigue a while ago and it stuck with me for a good couple weeks. Using both ready x wick and cotton (depending on the topper) at that time.
Then I picked up a box of cellucotton rayon at sallys and it has been full flavor since then. I also use J cotton sometimes to mix it up and keep my taster awake.

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Interesting. So should I try a different brand of cotton? I always use organic cotton, sometimes boil sometimes don't.

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
luckily mine only lasts a few days, but can be remedied in the short time, buy sipping water while vaping

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know if a different company would help, a different material helped me.

It's about $12 for a lifetime supply if there's a sallys beauty supply near you. Cellucotton rayon, not cellucotton cotton, also not the reinforced one that has paper going through the center of it.

I'll drop some in the mail for you if you want, pm your address and I'll shoot some out to you.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What i do is just vape VG/PG while sucking a candy and let it pass on it's own.

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll give the rayon a try, sending a PM now. I've heard that as well, but don't have any unflavored base. Will be picking some up in case this happens again and for DIY though. :D Thanks everyone for all the input, you all have been a great help.

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So following what @fq06 suggested, I got ahold of some rayon and I can taste all my juices exactly how they're supposed to taste. It really tastes like I'm eating what I'm vaping again. The rayon seems to wick much faster and hold much more juice than cotton can. Not to mention the flavor seems to be a bit better and more crisp in a way than with cotton IMO. Thank you, fq06 for the tip, and if anyone else out there is experiencing a similar issue you shoukd give rayon a try.

T

Taver13

So following what @fq06 suggested, I got ahold of some rayon and I can taste all my juices exactly how they're supposed to taste. It really tastes like I'm eating what I'm vaping again. The rayon seems to wick much faster and hold much more juice than cotton can. Not to mention the flavor seems to be a bit better and more crisp in a way than with cotton IMO. Thank you, fq06 for the tip, and if anyone else out there is experiencing a similar issue you shoukd give rayon a try.
agreed, when i switched to rayon, i never wicked with anything else since then

VU Sponsors