Become a Patron!

Thinking about going 0 nic.

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Looking for a little insight from well versed vapers. You see I've been vaping since 2012, coming from a 1.5+ pack a day habit. But I spent 6 years only vaping 1 flavor (Carnival from Hot-Vapes) in a 50/50 blend at 12-18mg. It wasn't until this year that I started branching out into other flavors at 3mg, due to becoming a complex coil builder and being able to really my find my preferred vape style.

So, the other day I bought some juice and was accidentally given some 0 nic in one of my bottles. I decided to go ahead and try it and maaaaaan it's tasty stuff. I can run it as high and hot as I want with zero of the burnt flavor that sometimes creeps in. Is this common place for the majority of the 0 nic juices? If so I may start weening off the nic. So much of my addiction has always been the oral fixation and throat hit. I feel it shouldn't be to difficult to go fully nic free.

Thanks!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Looking for a little insight from well versed vapers. You see I've been vaping since 2012, coming from a 1.5+ pack a day habit. But I spent 6 years only vaping 1 flavor (Carnival from Hot-Vapes) in a 50/50 blend at 12-18mg. It wasn't until this year that I started branching out into other flavors at 3mg, due to becoming a complex coil builder and being able to really my find my preferred vape style.

So, the other day I bought some juice and was accidentally given some 0 nic in one of my bottles. I decided to go ahead and try it and maaaaaan it's tasty stuff. I can run it as high and hot as I want with zero of the burnt flavor that sometimes creeps in. Is this common place for the majority of the 0 nic juices? If so I may start weening off the nic. So much of my addiction has always been the oral fixation and throat hit. I feel it shouldn't be to difficult to go fully nic free.

Thanks!

Yeah I think most ejuice is sweeter, without nicotine. And no, it's really not hard to wean off nicotine, especially when you've been vaping plain nic instead of smoking for so long, since nicotine all by itself is barely habit-forming at all, it's all that other crap in cigarette smoke that makes it addictive. But as you probably know, the easiest way to do it is a little at a time -- no more than 2mg drops at a time.

Andria

Last edited:

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah I think most ejuice is sweeter, without nicotine. And no, it's really not hard to wean off nicotine, especially when you've been vaping plain nic instead of smoking for so long, since nicotine all by itself is barely habit-forming at all, it's all that other crap in cigarette smoke that makes it addictive. But as you probably know, the easiest way to do it is a little at a time -- no more 2mg drops at a time.

Andria
Thank you! I buy fully pre-made juices (though I'm getting ready to delve into DIY from the ground up due to the FDA scare) So I'll probably jut buy two bottles (one zero and one 3) of each flavor and "water down" the nic content until I'm nic free.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thank you! I buy fully pre-made juices (though I'm getting ready to delve into DIY from the ground up due to the FDA scare) So I'll probably jut buy two bottles (one zero and one 3) of each flavor and "water down" the nic content until I'm nic free.

You won't regret getting into DIY; it can be frustrating when you first start, but once you get a few recipes down pat, it's SO much better than any ejuice you can buy -- and you can customize it to your heart's delight! :)

Andria

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
You won't regret getting into DIY; it can be frustrating when you first start, but once you get a few recipes down pat, it's SO much better than any ejuice you can buy -- and you can customize it to your heart's delight! :)

Andria
I can't imagine it being more frustrating than trying to twist wire, as small as .06mm in diameter, into a cohesive work of art. While also making sure you can turn it into a coil that fits into any given atomizer. While also making sure it will have the correct resistance. :teehee:
I'm sure i have the patience. The real question is, do I have the motivation to actually get the ball rolling. That, for me, is always the hard part of getting into something new. I would say the customization is the motivation for me. The coil building taught me the value of customization for vaping. And I am sure all you mixologists can't be wrong. So, here's to new beginnings :cheers:

VU Sponsors