Become a Patron!

Thinking of starting my first build

Nelg88

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello new member here pretty new to vamping. I have read up about ohms law and thinking of trying to build my first coil.

I will be building on the tfv8 big baby rba deck that came with the tank. I bought a tool kit today should arrive in a week or 2 this is the kit I bought https://www.amazon.com/Leknes-Homeowners-Tool-Sets-Master/dp/B011E0D57Y.
Was wondering if there is anything else I should get still clueless as to what wire I should get and what winking material

Any feed back or tips for new builders would be greatly appreciated

Nelg88

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello new member here pretty new to vamping. I have read up about ohms law and thinking of trying to build my first coil.

I will be building on the tfv8 big baby rba deck that came with the tank. I bought a tool kit today should arrive in a week or 2 this is the kit I bought https://www.amazon.com/Leknes-Homeowners-Tool-Sets-Master/dp/B011E0D57Y.
Was wondering if there is anything else I should get still clueless as to what wire I should get and what winking material

Any feed back or tips for new builders would be greatly appreciated

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have basically the same kit, but marketed under the Coilmaster name. You should be good to go for building basic coils.

madjaggar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Don't forget cotton. Like Cotton Bacon the best.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
To start into building wire wise I'd look at Kanthal A1 at first, and later you can move into NiChrome 60 or 80. These 2 wires are pretty standard, kanthal especially has the highest resistance of all wire we use in vaping and can handle to most dry firing abuse compared to others, NiChrome is softer, can handle less heat, but once you are used to wrapping with kanthal, NiChrome is better, it ramps up quicker and cools down quicker. If you are building for a TFV8 variant, you'd probably want to start off with 26awg, hits about mid resistance yet still enough resistance to get practice with, as well as a bit more resilient and sturdy enough to handle most abuse, just remember with wire gauges, larger the number thinner the wire and more resistance (ie 30awg, very thin, very high resistance) where lower numbers the thicker the wire (ie 26awg, thicker than 30awg, less resistance due to space and mass it fills).

In the US/Can/Mex Temco Industrial Power is probably the best and most affordable, you can find them on Ebay and Amazon, but also their main website, below is the link right to their resistance wire section

http://www.temcoindustrialpower.com/search.html?&category=Resistance_Wire&c=0002000&page=1

Nelg88

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
To start into building wire wise I'd look at Kanthal A1 at first, and later you can move into NiChrome 60 or 80. These 2 wires are pretty standard, kanthal especially has the highest resistance of all wire we use in vaping and can handle to most dry firing abuse compared to others, NiChrome is softer, can handle less heat, but once you are used to wrapping with kanthal, NiChrome is better, it ramps up quicker and cools down quicker. If you are building for a TFV8 variant, you'd probably want to start off with 26awg, hits about mid resistance yet still enough resistance to get practice with, as well as a bit more resilient and sturdy enough to handle most abuse, just remember with wire gauges, larger the number thinner the wire and more resistance (ie 30awg, very thin, very high resistance) where lower numbers the thicker the wire (ie 26awg, thicker than 30awg, less resistance due to space and mass it fills).

In the US/Can/Mex Temco Industrial Power is probably the best and most affordable, you can find them on Ebay and Amazon, but also their main website, below is the link right to their resistance wire section

http://www.temcoindustrialpower.com/search.html?&category=Resistance_Wire&c=0002000&page=1
Thank you learned a lot of this post appreciate you

wheelie

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
WOW nice tool kit. Half the price of a Coil Master. I never seen that brand before but nicely priced.

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome to :vu: Nice beginner's kit. Now just get some wire, I'd say 28, 26, 24 gauge (most are like $5 each bundle from Amazon) for starting; good for MTL devices and thicker wires for sub ohm attys, shop for a simple tank/RDA for new builders, and just watch tons of videos (YT) of people building. You'll learn quick; the more you build, the easier it gets.

Nelg88

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
WOW nice tool kit. Half the price of a Coil Master. I never seen that brand before but nicely priced.
I actually got this kit for 17.99 with free shipping off eBay they still had some left just couldn't find link at time

aquaholic2491

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
a heads up make sure the cotton pokes through the juice wells on the bottom but not so much that its packed full. I really suggest getting some winding tools if you dont already have them. They help make perfect coils. I would start with 26 awg kanthal to start with. I have a big baby with the rba and i love it. although sometimes the 510 pin shorts out. if i tighten mine too much, it will read ohm too low so you have to back it off a hair and rescrew it into the mod.

Nelg88

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
a heads up make sure the cotton pokes through the juice wells on the bottom but not so much that its packed full. I really suggest getting some winding tools if you dont already have them. They help make perfect coils. I would start with 26 awg kanthal to start with. I have a big baby with the rba and i love it. although sometimes the 510 pin shorts out. if i tighten mine too much, it will read ohm too low so you have to back it off a hair and rescrew it into the mod.
what is a winding tool is it something I would use in place of a drill

aquaholic2491

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
what is a winding tool is it something I would use in place of a drill
looks like your tool kit already comes with them. They just make it easier to make wraps. they wouldnt take the place of a drill. if you were using a drill bit to wrap around then they would take the place of that.

VU Sponsors