Become a Patron!

Thinking of transitioning? Thoughts?

Hello Vaping underground,

This is the place I have been looking for to find out as much information on vaping as possible. The main reason I am here is because the rise in videos of vapers getting bits of their bodies burnt or blown away. There are loads of different vapes online like here: http://www.used.forsale/clearomizer-kanger but which is safe? In my eyes it's better to keep smoking I will last a lot longer. At the moment I smoke 20 cigarettes a day and I know that this will just increase over the years unless I do something about it now. I see that vaping has the highest success rate of helping people to stop smoking so I do see the benefits.

Now you guys here must be the vaping pros and will be able to tell me everything I need to know and make me feel a little better about changing over. When I searched online for vapers I found these examples below

Brands Like
Cheap Smok vapers
I've seen these Shark vapers for sale
Best Pioneer4You iPV3-Li V2 vapers
Blah Blah Blah

Really looking forward to speaking with you guys and seeing what your opinions are on the new fashion "vaping". All your guy's information and suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Hello Vaping underground,

This is the place I have been looking for to find out as much information on vaping as possible. The main reason I am here is because the rise in videos of vapers getting bits of their bodies burnt or blown away. In my eyes it's better to keep smoking I will last a lot longer. At the moment I smoke 20 cigarettes a day and I know that this will just increase over the years unless I do something about it now. I see that vaping has the highest success rate of helping people to stop smoking so I do see the benefits.

Now you guys here must be the vaping pros and will be able to tell me everything I need to know and make me feel a little better about changing over. When I searched online for vapers I found these examples below

Brands Like
Cheap Smok vapers
I've seen these Shark vapers for sale
Best Pioneer4You iPV3-Li V2 vapers
Blah Blah Blah

Really looking forward to speaking with you guys and seeing what your opinions are on the new fashion "vaping". All your guy's information and suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers

maxresdefault.jpg

Welcome to the forum jsmaoke

I have to laugh, but not at you just what you learned from the media without them explaining why these things happen to a small percentage of people. First is knowledge of knowing, and understanding what to use when it comes to batteries and there safety or/and charger outputs when charging a device what they are capable of handling. These are the two factors why people have had those disasters.

In this forum you can read all sorts of great informative information on all devices, batteries, liquids, and safety, plus ask questions that will be answered by veteran experienced vapers. No question is a stupid question, only the stupid who don't question.

It can seem over whelming with so much information, just take your time, and ask questions.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The biggest thing about those videos is that the 'boom' is the result of the user NOT the device, in 99% of the instances.

Things to keep in mind
Battery safety
Ohm's law
Cleanliness of your gear
Battery safety

BUY GOOD BATTERIES!
Make sure you get a battery with an amperage rating that can handle your load.
Build within your batteries limits.
Keep your batteries in cases when not being used.
Batteries not in cases, thrown in your pocket are the reason for several of the publicized venting incidents. -so, use a case(they are cheap)
Many of us buy batteries from liionwholesale.com. he sends a 2 battery case with every purchase.
The batteries most highly regarded for vaping are:
Sony:
Vtc4, vtc5 and vtc 5a
Samsung
25r

For some Regulated mods some of us use the Samsung 30q or lg hg2

Keeping your mod clean is another aspect. Keep your battery sled clean and the 510 connection clean and free or debris.

Chargers: most regulated mods now have an onboard charger. I tend to stay away from those, because of the possibility of failure. Also I stay away from them because in the event that the mod is software upgradeable I don't want to chance breaking the USB plug.

A good standalone charger is rather inexpensive. The only exception to me using an onboard charger is if the battery is not removable, like a DNA mod or some innokin products.

As to mod suggestions... With so much out there nowadays it's a tuff one with alot of variables and personal preference. I use mostly DNA mods, joyetech evic, hexohm, mechmods and hexohms.
I guess really you want to look at what you want to spend and what features you want to have.
For all inclusive kits if you wanted a mod/tank similar to what you see people using, the pico dual with a meloIII is nice at 101vape for around 45$. They also have a pico with meloIII for 38$- the difference is the dual uses 2 batteries (200w mod) the other uses 1 (75w mod). Or if you want something a a little more reserve with a similar performance of a traditional smoke, look at the myjet which is a great little cigalike/pen mod to help making the transfer. The myjets are 25$ at 101vape. They are safe, have a great draw and exceptionally easy to use. They give you a nice reference to holding a cig.

I'm sure I'm leaving alot out but others will certainly chime in.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The main reasons for those fiery and/or explosive incidents are:

1) inferior batteries, or batteries transported incorrectly -- you do not put a battery amongst metal objects unless you just WANT something hot to happen;
2) people too stupid and/or ego-maniacal that they don't ask any questions of anyone, the idiots with the "I got this" attitude, who figure that since vape batteries are close in size to standard AA cells, they're similar -- and they're NOT -- high-drain, high-amperage vape batteries are rather closer to car batteries than standard alkaline cells. That doesn't mean they can't be used safely -- but it DOES mean knowing what the hell you're doing before you do it, and yep, you've come to the right place to learn all that you need to know.

And third... all the total BS being spouted by this or that gov't org or "charitable" orgs about vaping not being a good way to quit smoking are WRONG, and what's worse, they know it's wrong! But they want MO MONEY and they ain't making a dime off vaping.

Welcome to a hell of a ride! :)
Andria

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Hi and welcome.
First thing you might find, is nobody here is going to tell you anything that is dangerous and will tell you, usually pretty directly, if something you are thinking about doing can be dangerous.
I can tell you that every one of those videos you see on google is due to users not respecting their equipment or playing with things they shouldn't be touching. Stick to regulated devices (mods) to start. There is really no compelling reason to ever switch to advanced mods, such as mechanicals (much less safe). If you should choose to, for whatever reason, you will find help here for that too. Mainly were to find information you need.

The main thing you are going to see over and over and over is us telling people to use proper, brand name, high drain batteries.
Samsung, Sony, LG are the recommended brands. This is due to the way the internal chemistry works. They may heat up and vent, but I have never heard of one blowing up. Unlike cheaper brands. Rebranded batteries, such as Nitecore batteries are just rewrapped factory 2nds so not recommended.
Now, Nitecore is one of the best chargers available, 2nd only to Xtar which is more expensive and has features the avg user would never need. Nitecore is most popular. I've been using one for a year with no problems.

The reason I mention this is many people recommend a regulated mod that has a removable battery that you can recharge. There are 2 reasons...
1) You KNOW what you have inside because you are the one who put it there and
2) Zero down time. Battery run down? Pop in a fully charged one and vape on.

Aside from that.. remember your vape mod is not a toy. You can't just toss them in a box with your Teddy Ruxpin. Keep it in good condition, don't carry them in a way where you could sit on them or bend the tank pin, or accidentally fire, and you will be totally fine. (they have an on/off function to use anyway and an auto shut off if you forget)

Make sure to buy a couple extra coils and a bit more ejuice than you think you need. Running out at 1am SUCKS!

If you have any questions, just ask.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
The main reasons for those fiery and/or explosive incidents are:

1) inferior batteries, or batteries transported incorrectly -- you do not put a battery amongst metal objects unless you just WANT something hot to happen;
2) people too stupid and/or ego-maniacal that they don't ask any questions of anyone, the idiots with the "I got this" attitude, who figure that since vape batteries are close in size to standard AA cells, they're similar -- and they're NOT -- high-drain, high-amperage vape batteries are rather closer to car batteries than standard alkaline cells. That doesn't mean they can't be used safely -- but it DOES mean knowing what the hell you're doing before you do it, and yep, you've come to the right place to learn all that you need to know.

And third... all the total BS being spouted by this or that gov't org or "charitable" orgs about vaping not being a good way to quit smoking are WRONG, and what's worse, they know it's wrong! But they want MO MONEY and they ain't making a dime off vaping.

Welcome to a hell of a ride! :)
Andria
Funny you mentioned about the car batteries... there actually IS a device that uses these batteries that you can boost your car from. Looks like it holds 4 by the size of it. It is also used to charge cell phones, run radios, etc in emergencies.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
The eGo AIO Starter Kit by Joyetech is a decent starter kit that can be set for both mouth to lung (like smoking) and direct lung inhale so you can see which you prefer.

https://101vape.com/mods/1020-ego-aio-starter-kit-by-joyetech.html

I would recommend something more like this...
http://kangeronline.com/products/kanger-topbox-mini-starter-kit?variant=9653314053
You would need to buy a battery (or 2 - one as a spare) and a charger (nitecore 2 port charger would do, 4 port if you plan on stepping things up later)
Advantages: You choose the battery so you know what is in the mod. Large 4.0 ml tank, 3 premade coils AND a rebuildable mini rba (should you want to save money on coils) You control the power level and airflow and it has temp control option.
This is actually the first and only tank I bought and have been using it for 11 months now.
75 watts also gives you room to play with some other tanks and stuff (such as drip atomizers, if you wanted to try one, your choice)
It is more expensive than the all-in-one but has more features and gives you more control. To be quite honest, in my opinion, the more you can control, the safer you are.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Now, Nitecore is one of the best chargers available, 2nd only to Xtar which is more expensive and has features the avg user would never need. Nitecore is most popular. I've been using one for a year with no problems.

Actually, I had assumed that Xtar chargers were more expensive, just because they ARE better, but they're really not, not to any significant degree. Their prices are very competitive with Nitecore and Efest chargers.

My first charger was a Nitecore, and it worked great... up till the time I had 4 batteries in it at once, I went to pick it up, and nearly dropped it, it was so dadgum hot. I unplugged it immediately, got the batteries out (which were also pretty damn warm!), and let them sit for a week or so, till I acquired another charger. I put them in, 2 at a time (it was only a 2 bay charger, an Efest Luc2), checked them out, and they seemed to be fine, so I kept using them for a while; they're 18350s though, so after a while I found I really had no need for them.

Efest sells crap, re-branded, re-wrapped batteries, but their chargers aren't bad. That Luc2 still works just fine, but after it was about 18 months old, I decided it was time to acquire another 2 bay charger, so that if the Luc2 died, I wouldn't be SOL. This time, I got an Xtar, another 2 bay, and that was when I was so pleasantly surprised to find they really aren't any more expensive than the others.

Andria

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies guys!! I must admit reading all of this makes me feel so much better! the press is terrible when it comes to telling the truth!!!

Also the fact that there are different types like mouth to lung and straight to lung and things like this I have a lot of research to be doing! Thanks for your replies guys I will be back soon with some options.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Thanks for all the replies guys!! I must admit reading all of this makes me feel so much better! the press is terrible when it comes to telling the truth!!!

Also the fact that there are different types like mouth to lung and straight to lung and things like this I have a lot of research to be doing! Thanks for your replies guys I will be back soon with some options.
If you are just starting, go with a mouth to lung set up to imitate smoking. That way, when you feel you NEED a cigarette, you can take a 5 minute vape break and puff away, just like smoking, but not.

gbalkam

I think this is what I will go for!! I want the feeling of a second process instead of t going straight into my lungs, I feel I might be coughing up a lot and not like the experience at all.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
gbalkam

I think this is what I will go for!! I want the feeling of a second process instead of t going straight into my lungs, I feel I might be coughing up a lot and not like the experience at all.
You might cough for an hour or two when you start. nothing to worry about. Vape is different from smoke, so you gotta get used to it a bit. Later on, you can put whopping quad coils on a huge assed rda and set off fog horns in the harbor. But you gotta get used to that too. Wife laffed her arse off at me on my first cloud build. She nearly went into hysterics when I got a dry hit when I forgot to juice the wick.
Dumb ass that I am, I took the cap off to juice up, started talking to the wife, put the cap back on and forgot to juice up.. GAK!!!! Wife nearly wet her pants.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Samsung, Sony or LG only. I think the LG HG2 are 20A 3000Mah so have a longer run time. I just ask for a set of browns at my local shop. LOL

VU Sponsors