Become a Patron!

This 18650 "Best Of" Web Page is BS!

I somehow clicked a link that searches for "Best 18650 batteries for Vaping". I clicked the very first link to pop up on Google and it was "Vaping 360s Guide to Best 18650 For Vaping" (or some shit like that. So I'm reading through this and a quarter in I'm already infuriated. I can't stand these crooked ass vape companies that use safety information as a way to reel in potential customers. Pisses me off even more when they're misinforming the vape community. Being that their site is first on page tells me a ton of people are listening to the total BS they're spreading.
First of all, they obviously have something against any battery manufacturer not based out of Japan. Funny, I don't remember any Japanese battery manufacturer officially or un-officially endorsing their batteries for vape use or simply endorsing Vaping in general. To them we were a plague. Nothing but a liability. TBH, the only battery manufacturers I can remember endorsing their products to vapers when variable voltage came about were AW and efest, with authentic AWs being the cream of the crop and fully endorsed by the high end mod community. For example, one of my all-time fave mods, House of Hybrid's ZNA, being built to only fit and use an AW 18490. Good Luck finding that battery in stock anywhere early-mid 2013 I believe it was. While efest was offering a more affordable and much more easily obtained but still good quality battery. These weren't Japanese companies...these were Chinese companies. China is more responsible for how fast Vaping has evolved into the juggernaut it is today more than any other country. I'm tired of this rascist point of view towards the Chinese that a lot of vapers seem to have these days. If you are the type of vaper that badmouths China made products simply based off what your high end mod forum buddies tell you then to me your nothing but a noob "try-hard" vaper, who just like Vaping360, you only misinform other vapers.
And this is the type of vaper that Vaping360 is trying to attract. At one point they literally wrote, "For vaping, only use batteries made by Samsung, Sony and LG. That is it. Nothing else. And in their entire BS battery comparison these brand batteries were the only ones used. Why? Because Chinese based companies are liars and their batteries are unsafe! Such horse shit. Dont get me wrong, no doubt there are tons of scammers in China printing bullshit info on re-wrapped laptop batteries but use common sense and buy from a reputable dealer and youll be fine. So here is a big F.U. to Vaping360 while I re-load my mod with a fist full of MXJOs.

But to prove how their entire article is based off of a money making agenda and nothing to do with helping new vapers in need of honest battery and safety information just look at all their purchase links. Between and after every mention of these batteries they claim should ONLY be used you'll notice these offensively huge purchase links saying "BUY THESE BATTERIES HERE!". Every single battery mentioned has one of these links and coincidentally each and every link re-directs you to the battery retail site IMRbatteries.com. Cmon really? Here is the best part. Once they went into their total bullshit battery safety bit how there are tons of fakes and to be sure you only use authentic batteries they have another huge link that says "BUY AUTHENTIC BATTERIES HERE!" And take a guess where you land after clicking said link. Bingo! IMRbatteries.com. Not a list of reputable battery sellers who endorse Vaping or not even an online vape shop that sells batteries but according to them you can only be sure your batteries are authentic if they're bought from said website that endorses their batteries for use in flashlights...which they also sell.

Sorry for my massive rant. I dont post very much, I joined here in early 2014 I believe and I'm pretty sure this is my first or second post. But if i do post i usually go all-in with it. Wrong place wrong time for me I guess. And I meant no offense to the Big 3 companies mentioned..they make exceptional products. My point was simply...I hate vape companies profiting from misinformation. And knowingly and willingly misinforming vapers on such a serious topic as batteries and safety simply to make a few bucks makes me ill. Like literally ill. I just vomited on my shirt mentioning them.

Anyway, Vape It Up!
And Big Ups to my OG boys Vapor Joe & Smoky...been a long time fellas.

Mikey Vortex

MC5

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The article was written by Mooch, who is widely regarded as the top tester of batteries in the vape community. No BS from Mooch IMO.

The links to a supplier are at the end of the article, which likely makes Vaping360 a couple cents per click.

Sorry you threw up.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Sony samsung LG are about the only companies who actually manufacturer their batteries. The rest buy batteries from them and rewrap them. They then claim outrageous CDR and mahs that are not even obtainable on a 18650 battery. There are no 40amp 18650s . They do not publish under what conditions the pulse amps are obtained etc etc. SO yes the rewrappers are not the safest batteries to use. Many people do not recommend using them period. What they used under a wrap one day maybe totally different the next day. But no 18650 is designed to be use din a vape device. They are meant to be permanently installed in a battery pack with built in safety features. Every battery we use in vaping comes with risks. rewrapped batteries come with more risks and have misleading information printed on their labels. SO I and many others will continue to do exactly what that article suggests, not because the companies are chinese but because they come with increased risks.

DO a search on youtube for mooch and on facebook and ecf. Do some research and you may come to the same conclusions yourself

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Rather strange that it was written October 2015 but says "Best of 2017."

I respect Mooch, I do not respect a site that claims to have news and reviews when it is clearly geared toward profit.

However!

This article does not say use only the Big Three

"Not all rewraps have exaggerated ratings or use low grade vaping batteries though. And some rewraps are perfectly ok to use. "

And he literally said "now it’s safest to just buy vape batteries made by one of the Big 3; Samsung, Sony, and LG. Their ratings are accurate and you’ll know what you’re getting every time."

Which is a bit of a whitewash as there are greag rewrapped batteries, but it is also in general true.

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
As far as 18650 batteries are concerned, some incredible-performing rewraps actually are safer than Samsung or Sony. Take the Vapcell Black for an example... it is a 30 amp battery, which makes it safer for vaping than the Samsung 30Q or the Sony VTC6, both of which are officially only 15 amp batteries, and, if you buy an LG HG2 that later turns out to be fake, then you're still screwed no matter how you want to put it. That plus the fact the HG2 is only a 20 amp battery so still not as safe as the Vapcell Black. Granted, you could decide to go for the LG HB6 instead. But now you're sacrificing a fuck ton of performance just because you're a little bit paranoid about rewraps, when the reality is that you can still do your own valid research about those same rewraps.

VU Sponsors