This happened in my neck of the woods. kinda relevant maybe?

Discussion in 'General Written Media / Blogs' started by SirRichardRear, Sep 28, 2016.

1. SirRichardRear

SirRichardRear AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 1 Year Reviewer

Blog Posts:
  2. Zamazam

Zamazam Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Looking to be a winter of discontent.

KentA likes this.
  3. MWorthington

MWorthington Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    5150sick likes this.
  4. Khassy

Khassy Diamond Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Doesn't matter if it's justified or not. Haven't you heard? No matter what our men in blue do, it's wrong.

MWorthington likes this.
  5. MWorthington

Blog Posts:
    You're right. Sure, sometimes the cops get it wrong, but nowdays they just don't know. In this particular case, it sounds to me like the guy in question wanted to commit suicide by cop.

Khassy likes this.
  6. Khassy

Blog Posts:
    Dunno, sounds more like he was on some sort of drug. Or off his regular meds.

MWorthington likes this.
  7. MWorthington

Blog Posts:
    Well, there's that too.

Khassy likes this.
  8. wllmc

wllmc Yes there are typo's and no I do not care :) VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee Vape Media

Blog Posts:
    police in the USA are not trained well enough to carry weapons and the training that they do receive is very inadequate to "serve and protect" we give an 18 yr old kid 3 months of rifle range and then a badge. a study in 2015 showed that in england and wales there were 55 fatal police shooting in the past 24 years and 59 in the first 24 days of 2015 in the USA. my father was a cop, my mother was a cop and my step father was a cop so Im by no means anti "blue line" but Im smart enough to figure out there is a problem in the system.

gakudzu likes this.
  9. 5150sick

5150sick Under Ground Hustler Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    The problem here is the cops don't even care about their jobs like they used to.
    When is the last time a cop pulled over and helped somebody change a tire?
    Not since the 90's.

Cops used to get a hell of a lot more respect back in the day then they do now too.

EDIT: This story if from Sept 2016.
    Just noticed

Last edited: May 20, 2017
    Khassy and wllmc like this.
  10. wllmc

wllmc Yes there are typo's and no I do not care :) VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee Vape Media

Blog Posts:
    agreed .... I noticed this was an old thread revived but decided to throw my 2 cents in any way lol. its not the same, there is a different view on what the job entails now. they need to spend a few years in school learning to speak to people in distress and learning how to react in stressful enviorments, learning to change tires lol. serve and protect is out the window

11. Khassy

Blog Posts:
    That's because stopping to help change a tire nowdays can turn into a bullet in their brain. :mad: