Become a Patron!

This is a chuff cap, right?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi people, just a short question.

In the mutation X v4, the platic cap that makes the RDA bigger and adapts to normal Drip tips, is known as a 'Chuff cap' Yes?

I only asked as want to make sure my terminology is right. Also, I prefer the mutation with the chuff cap in place, the vapour is a bit cooler and not so spitty hot stuff on your tonguey lol.

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Chuff cap is the wide bore drip tip . Today it has become a generic term , but for me its a wide bore .

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Left: wide bore drip tip.
Right: typical medium drip tip.

Left: 510 drip tip adapter and drip tip.
Right: tall chuff,short chuff.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hehehe yep. It was the first one I came across that had an adapter and chuff for pics.:D

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahh I see! If you unscrew the 510 from the plastic, it is ultra wide bore, so I guess thats why it was called a 'chuff cap'.

I don't use chuff caps often, although own a few, I only use them when cloudchasing. I build a triple coil setup in my Velocity last night, with one coil vertical in the middle, that is quite beastly. I am going to try quad today, but it needed around 55-60 watts just to power the thing properly, so about 20 watts a coil.

I think I will remove the middle one and make a quad.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm using mine ATM. It was like $6 at that AngelCigs clearance last week. Downside is it's so cheap... a couple of the grub screws' heads stripped as I was putting the first build in last night. Works fine, so far, but it's toast as soon as these coils die.

But I like the atty. Love the DT options. I don't care for the top design fo the authentic though, so I'll be keeping my eye out for a better built clone.
I like the cheap Dark Horse I got as well, another to look for better clones of.

Hmm....mine has standard screws.
I've got a bunch of spares if you need some.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can't back out the installed ones... grub screws.
It's doable,you just have to find the right tool.
Tell ya what,when your coils burn out I'll swap you decks and fix yours for you if you can't get em out.

VU Sponsors