Become a Patron!

This is odd...

MikeDommy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I wrapped a 1.7 dual setup, threw it on my mod, and it reads 1.0 doing nothing, but goes up to my 1.7 when I fire the mod? Is this normal? Using a Voopoo Drag, BTFC RDA and fused Claptons(ni80)

MikeDommy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seems it’s my Voopoo mod. I have to see if I somehow changed a setting without knowing. I put the build on my Drone, and I’m at a constant 1.6/7

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I know this is an older thread. But I have seen this as well. Not on the drag but on my Pulse 80w. I believe i know what causes this. I think It's a feature of the chipset. When you install a fresh set of coils they are a lower ohm than after they are fired up for the first time. After burned good and hard they eventually settle into their "final" ohms. Most chipsets will lock in the ohm of the coil and not re-evaluate it until it has been removed from the mod. But it appears that some mods will re-read the ohms every time you press the fire button. Which is great! For some reason it still retains the "locked" ohms and displays them after letting go of the button. Removing and reinstalling the atomizer will cause your mod to search for a new ohm to lock in. This should fix the display to show the correct ohms continuously/ At least this is what happens on my pulse. Again don't know about the drag. Hope this helps.

VU Sponsors