Become a Patron!

This is the 'good' part! - NY would snuff out e-cig use in restaurants, offices under Cuomo proposal

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
"Electronic cigarette use would be banned in restaurants, offices and other places in New York state where smoking tobacco is prohibited under a proposal included in Gov. Andrew Cuomo's budget.

The proposal would also ban the use of flavored nicotine in e-cigarettes and limit efforts to market the products to youths."

Oh that's all???

The only thing worse would be to add a clause where every time I buy vape supplies a half dozen government officials must also come to my house and gang rape me upon accepting the vape supplies!

"Cuomo's proposal was praised by health groups. Michael Seilback of the American Lung Association said Cuomo's proposal addresses "the scourge of e-cigarettes in New York."

Of course the ALA, Big Pharmas dim witted red headed step child approves of this.

And this is THE GOOD PART!!!!

They never mention any of this stuff here:

(Updated 01.14.2015)

Once again, vapers in New York State are being threatened by multiple bills intended to severely impact the electronic cigarette industry and, by extension, dramatically limit consumer choice and increase the cost of these potentially life-saving products. Representatives Rosenthal and Dinowitz and Senator Rivera have introduced bills that would impose a punitive 75% wholesale tax on “e-cigarette cartridges” and completely ban the sale of refill liquids.

Assembly Bill 296 & Senate Bill 722 would redefine a taxed “tobacco product” to include “e-cigarette cartridges,” subjecting them to New York State’s 75% wholesale tax on “tobacco products.”

The keen observer may spot that AB 296 & SB 722 only apply to “e-cigarette cartridges” and not e-cigarette liquid. This is likely due to the introduction, yet again, of a bill (AB 635) to prohibit the sale of all bottled refill liquids. While there is an exemption provided for instate manufactures that may allow liquid manufacturers in New York to continue doing business, vapers in New York State would still be unable to buy e-liquid products from retailers within the state. An almost identical bill made its way through an Assembly committee last year.

This is a case of creating a dozen different bills in order to throw shit at the wall to see what sticks - 5150

BTW There is no such thing as "flavored nicotine" the flavor is in the flavoring!
This just shows the utter stupidity of the fuckwad of a governor in NY

EDIT: Sorry, I am so pissed off I forgot the link

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index....restaurants_offices_under_cuomo_proposal.html

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
thanks 5150 :)

they have seriously bumped their heads..

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
thanks 5150 :)

they have seriously bumped their heads..

LOL.
Sorry about the language Smoky.
I am really trying to get better with it.
But when I read total garbage and get mad (especially at 4:30am:))
Sometimes I just write it and hit post.
This is why I could never speak at a hearing:eek:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
LOL.
Sorry about the language Smoky.
I am really trying to get better with it.
But when I read total garbage and get mad (especially at 4:30am:))
Sometimes I just write it and hit post.
This is why I could never speak at a hearing:eek:

it is ok, hate to admit it, but sometimes there just isnt anything better to say..
it is amazing how stupid these people that run our country can be..
they would rather push w33d than safe ecigs..
they want to kill us all in a land of lala.. :(

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Since Cigarettes are known to kill half of their taxpayers the politicians are scrambling to find a new more PC cash crop that they can tax.

They may as well tax vaping too right?
They just need to hurry up and demonize it in order to create a fake "sin" to tax because thats how it works.

It has never been about health!

If the Cigarette companies all decided that their products really are unsafe then they all closed up shop and quit selling cigarettes today.
The whole United States government would have to shut down in 6 months.

No more schools, no more roadwork, no more anything.

Cigarettes pay for all of that.

Cigarettes and legalized gambling pay for everything actually.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
"Electronic cigarette use would be banned in restaurants, offices and other places in New York state where smoking tobacco is prohibited under a proposal included in Gov. Andrew Cuomo's budget.

The proposal would also ban the use of flavored nicotine in e-cigarettes and limit efforts to market the products to youths."

Oh that's all???

The only thing worse would be to add a clause where every time I buy vape supplies a half dozen government officials must also come to my house and gang rape me upon accepting the vape supplies!

"Cuomo's proposal was praised by health groups. Michael Seilback of the American Lung Association said Cuomo's proposal addresses "the scourge of e-cigarettes in New York."

Of course the ALA, Big Pharmas dim witted red headed step child approves of this.

And this is THE GOOD PART!!!!

They never mention any of this stuff here:

(Updated 01.14.2015)

Once again, vapers in New York State are being threatened by multiple bills intended to severely impact the electronic cigarette industry and, by extension, dramatically limit consumer choice and increase the cost of these potentially life-saving products. Representatives Rosenthal and Dinowitz and Senator Rivera have introduced bills that would impose a punitive 75% wholesale tax on “e-cigarette cartridges” and completely ban the sale of refill liquids.

Assembly Bill 296 & Senate Bill 722 would redefine a taxed “tobacco product” to include “e-cigarette cartridges,” subjecting them to New York State’s 75% wholesale tax on “tobacco products.”

The keen observer may spot that AB 296 & SB 722 only apply to “e-cigarette cartridges” and not e-cigarette liquid. This is likely due to the introduction, yet again, of a bill (AB 635) to prohibit the sale of all bottled refill liquids. While there is an exemption provided for instate manufactures that may allow liquid manufacturers in New York to continue doing business, vapers in New York State would still be unable to buy e-liquid products from retailers within the state. An almost identical bill made its way through an Assembly committee last year.

This is a case of creating a dozen different bills in order to throw shit at the wall to see what sticks - 5150

BTW There is no such thing as "flavored nicotine" the flavor is in the flavoring!
This just shows the utter stupidity of the fuckwad of a governor in NY

EDIT: Sorry, I am so pissed off I forgot the link

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index....restaurants_offices_under_cuomo_proposal.html
This is great news, since nobody vapes flavored nicotine.....I use liquid nicotine then add flavored PG to the mix.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
This is great news, since nobody vapes flavored nicotine.....I use liquid nicotine then add flavored PG to the mix.

Right. the idiots in government can't even get the little things like "facts" correct.
It's not about facts anyway.

scaremonger, deamonize, tax. in that order

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
New York is a Mafia State, the government there IS A MAFIA, no bullshit, not just tin foil thoughts either. I know for a fact they are run by Organized Crime.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Since Cigarettes are known to kill half of their taxpayers the politicians are scrambling to find a new more PC cash crop that they can tax.

They may as well tax vaping too right?
They just need to hurry up and demonize it in order to create a fake "sin" to tax because thats how it works.

It has never been about health!

If the Cigarette companies all decided that their products really are unsafe then they all closed up shop and quit selling cigarettes today.
The whole United States government would have to shut down in 6 months.

No more schools, no more roadwork, no more anything.

Cigarettes pay for all of that.

Cigarettes and legalized gambling pay for everything actually.
Cigarettes, tobacco, booze, gambling, lottery, and junk food/fast food taxes pay for a lot of stuff. Take away tobacco taxes and booze tax, the system would go belly up in 6 months. The lawmakers know this, yet they give multi-million dollar tax breaks to multi-billion dollar corporations. I'm just waiting for the government to impose a federal VAT on all purchases, no matter what. If our tax and spend gang in Washington has any say, it will be draconian to say the least.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Right. the idiots in government can't even get the little things like "facts" correct.
It's not about facts anyway.

scaremonger, deamonize, tax. in that order

Facts? They don't need no stinkin Facts.

Never have and never will.

They got pens and paper and stuff so they can protect us while taxing the living shit out of us.

We need another Boston Tea party in NY.

What can we dump overboard to make our point to these idiots?

Graft money perhaps?

Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When I hear stories like this...ALWAYS reminds me of this quote

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

joey55

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
When I hear stories like this...ALWAYS reminds me of this quote

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”
Thanks for that quote,, Was that from Ayn Rand? Sure sounds like I read that in Atlas Shrugged, if not then who said it I'm just curious.
Thanks

VU Sponsors